Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope (7490 Views)

Pre-programming; How Do You Cope?? / Aspiring To Be An It Guru, Download These Training Videos / Aspiring Video Game Programmers Lounge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Gsmxpert(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2011
@pelumiv
it much more complicated

this is how it work
eg tmobile goes to aple, negotiate for 100 pieces of iphone, lock it to use only our sim, apple does the lock and gives it to them, having the lock codes and files on there pc, then the codes suppliers you pay money to takes your serial number to tmobile and negotiate for the unlock code at a certain amount, tmobile sends a message to apple authorising them to release the unlock, the codes supplier charge u and get his interest. thats why it takes some days. atimes u see no codes in database, unlock refused. atimes u must have bought the phone and been with it for 3 months, some operators will do it for free

but some codes suppliers have access to carriers database, such are not legitimate but they work.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 11:09am On May 24, 2011
I wish i have this knowledge of yours, i will be a superstar gsm engineer here. but am trying d little i can do. Another problem, blackberry no browser, causes and solution. Abt the meps counter, if ii download d framework? will it work?
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by pimpc007(m): 1:28pm On May 24, 2011
thanks guys for all the helpful information you all posted here.
I'm a young dude, i want to be a programmer. I'm not new to basic computer knowledge, i really don't know much about programming except the little info i get here and there online and my little knowledge of BASIC, PASCAL which i learnt in d university. I have a few questions:
1. If i get a computer, ready to start programming from the scratch, how do i change the windows O.S to linux O.S? Where can i get access to the linux O.S in nigeria?
2. I'm think of starting with python program and since i don't have access to my own computer for now, can i start with the python symbian version on my symbian mobile phone
Is it the same thing with using python on a normal computer?
I'll truely appreciate helpful answers.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by ashley86(f): 2:09pm On May 24, 2011
@FAYIMORA, already sent you a mail, will like javascript, xhtml, java , html and ajax. Tnx.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by usisky(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2011
ashley86:

@FAYIMORA, already sent you a mail, will like javascript, xhtml, java , html and ajax. Tnx.

Everyone get free ebooks on the web. let me lend some help for those who are seeker of knowledge. am really happy to see ppl willing to empower themselves. that's awesome. check this out:

1) www.4shared.com - thousands of free stuff. just type-in what ya need. like - Java, C++ etc.
2) www.freebookspot.com - the same as above.
3) get a torrent-file downloader from google. e.g bittorrent. after u get this, intall it. then visit the following webiste: www.btjunkie.com , do a search of what u want. when it comes up, download the torrent files der. open the downloaded torrent file using bittorent. that's it. u'll have millions of free stuff in not time.

wish all ya luck in your Quest to becoming geniuses. peace, am out.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by ashley86(f): 9:19am On May 25, 2011
TNX USISKY. WILL CHECK IT OUT RIGHT NOW, smiley
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by blakmonsta: 1:23pm On May 25, 2011
We should find a way to keep this alive!

In the old days on nairaland, there were beautiful discussions in the tech section, the science section, the gaming section

guys like c0dec, neoteny, so many amazing skilful guys were on NL giving people knowledge that made sense, and having lively discussions

Nowadays its all about PDP and inane relationship nonsense. "My girlfriend got syphilis and now she days she will give my friends unless I ejaculate on her behind" or other such nonsense.

Keep it up, people! We should start a Nairaland programmers coalition.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 25, 2011
don't worry, as soon as Seun get mods, this place will be restored,

Vote MUSKEETO FOR MOD

MUSKEETO '11, death to spam, life to excellence
cool
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by geniuscity: 3:42pm On May 25, 2011
A very positive thread unlike lots of argumentative ones here. I'm commencing learning process for programming from June. Will definitely keep a tab on this thread. keeping posting your views peeps.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2011
Thanks guys. Apart from personal reading if our honorable coders can just take we the beginner step by step like online course. like pick the first topic of a particular book, explain it, give examples and in the end give assignment. I think that can be helpful and easier for newbies. Just my thought and suggestion. Although i know it required a lot of commitment and time consuming. Thanks.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 25, 2011
hmm, i have the time. what language and what book are you beginning with? my email add is prnckash@gmail.com
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 2:24pm On May 26, 2011
musKeeto:

hmm, i have the time. what language and what book are you beginning with? my email add is prnckash@gmail.com
Thanks man. I just start reading Java How to Program.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 26, 2011
Is that the one by Deitell & Deitell?
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 11:27pm On May 26, 2011
its the same 1. is the book ok?
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by nansi: 6:08am On May 27, 2011
C Programming is the best choice for beginners
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 6:45am On May 27, 2011
Pelumiv:

its the same 1. is the book ok?

Yup. That's the one I used to learn Java. Worth it. Send me a mail (address posted in previous thread) in case you have any difficulties. Still have some of my old notes,
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2011
thanks mate.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by isleman(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2011
go www.lynda.com you don't need to read, just listen. php, Action scrip 3.0 are prospective programs for the future. While java an C++ is good and fundamental, they are becoming obsolete as their learning curve is steep.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 27, 2011
@Isleman: na wa for you
isleman:

go www.lynda.com you don't need to read, just listen. php, Action scrip 3.0 are prospective programs for the future. While java an C++ is good and fundamental, they are becoming obsolete as their learning curve is steep.
Lol @ you just need to listen not read,
JAVA and C++ becoming obsolete, comparing them with PHP and ActionScript, smh,
by the way I've most of the lynda.com tutorials on my pc, about 30gb worth, but still prefer to read a book.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by isleman(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2011
musKeeto:

@Isleman: na wa for youLol @ you just need to listen not read,
JAVA and C++ becoming obsolete, comparing them with PHP and ActionScript, smh,
by the way I've most of the lynda.com tutorials on my pc, about 30gb worth, but still prefer to read a book.

@Muskeeto - well, it really depends on your time and what you are reading or studying for. If you are a beginner, yes reading is fundamental as it sinks deeper. at a professional stage when you are on a job ad needs a solution fast, reading might take time.

By the way, how did get the lessons on your hard drive? i thought you are meant to listen and watch online, unless you bought teh complete CDs
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 27, 2011
Na torrents o,
Which money I wan use buy them?
Their tutorials are very good, but I can't upload them because of the size. I believe some people, like you said, would prefer watching to reading,

Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 27, 2011
musKeeto:

Na torrents o,
Their tutorials are very good, but I can't upload them because of the size. I believe some people, like you said, would prefer watching to reading,

abeg you fit help me with some of your materials i no fit use torrent for my mtn ohh my mb go just vamose, lol

really i would app if u assist me with something on python and php, am currently i lagos, u can mail me so i can reach u segunlala@yahoo.com
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 11:22pm On May 27, 2011
U guys have been helpful. Dont worry i will require your help very soon.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 28, 2011
How do we meet now becomes the great question,
Will be in Lagos on 10th of next month, but back to PH on the 13th

Tell you what, I'll burn it on a DVD, then send you a mail regarding the address I'll be staying at in Lagos. I'll be quite busy during the weekend,
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by Pelumiv(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2011
musKeeto:

How do we meet now becomes the great question,
Will be in Lagos on 10th of next month, but back to PH on the 13th

Tell you what, I'll burn it on a DVD, then send you a mail regarding the address I'll be staying at in Lagos. I'll be quite busy during the weekend,

Oga i will need 1 2 oooooooooo. have check d site n itd ok but require money to proceed in the tutorial. hope u dont mind.
Re: Aspiring To Be Programmer: How To Cope by isleman(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2011
musKeeto:

Na torrents o,

I thought as much, i have most of the courses too, at least those related to my quest. i downloaded them with IDM while my accounts were still running. I paid for them though, but it was worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C Programming Assignment Help ? / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition / Reusable Object-oriented Patterns In Banking Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.