Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) (100324 Views)

Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) / Inside Lexani’s ₦361m Hyper-luxury Transporter That Looks Like A Private Jet / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
Lincoln teamed with design students in California to create “something the world has not yet seen”

The Lincoln Motor Company recently revealed a quartet of concept cars aimed at depicting the types of vehicles the automaker might potentially produce in 2040, and the designs are shocking and compelling in all the best ways.

“We wanted an autonomous, electric, and shared two-seater, four-seater, high-riding four-seater, and six-seater", says Kemal Curic, Lincoln’s design director. We wanted to include our brand pillars of humanity, beauty, and gliding, based on our vision of Quiet Flight, which is what Lincoln stands for. And we said, let’s dream up something the world has not yet seen.”

The results are quite stunning, and complete, in part because the automotive students worked in conjunction with colleagues in other design departments—film, illustration, animation, and architecture to create not just vehicles, but also stories of the worlds in which these vehicles might exist.

A two-seat autonomous Glider is inspired by Lincoln Zephyrs and Continentals of the past—Streamline Moderne vehicles from the ’30s and ’40s, favored by Frank Lloyd Wright and we see a son allowing his paralyzed father to experience the joy of “driving” again.

A four-seat sedan loads up digital images that provide a couple with scenes from their 30-year marriage as they tour locations where these memories were made. A four-seat SUV takes a family on an adventure, displaying images from their mother’s initial connection with astronomy as she prepares to go into space.

And a six-passenger luxury cruiser, built out like a living room, takes an up-and-coming band on a relaxing drive as they prepare for their first big gig.

“I was mesmerized by the visualization,” says Curic. “I love putting all these diverse skill sets together where we focus not only on the vehicle but also on the feeling these vehicles will convey in 2040. I was blown away by the architecture, environmental, and storytelling bit. They do a lot of Hollywood work at ArtCenter, so it’s all about the narrative.”

These narratives help communicate more fully how the appearance of the car might change - but, perhaps more important, how it might be integrated into our lives in new ways as technologies and needs shift. Curic notes the “intriguing architecture and buildings, and the vehicles built into these backgrounds…the stories give a more holistic sense of our future incorporating cars into the built environment,” says Curic.

Moreover, the designs demonstrate a shift in the ethos of the next generation of automotive designers, as they consider creating vehicles for a planet that has changing needs. “The next generation is more cognizant of their responsibilities, and how their work will be used to create a better world,” says Curic. “They think about the vehicle almost as if it’s a living object.”
Source: https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/2040-drive-car-that-looks-like-this

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by illicit(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
I go drive o

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
That's some Heavy Machine From Lincoln but as For me, the ride I am looking forward to now is the Mystery Airline that is about to take me and all whose Names are written in the Book of Life off this earth.

It is gonna be Suddenly and in a twinkling of an eye. O my GOD! It is gonna be a Huge Mysterious Flight whose Announcement and Depature will shake the whole Universe to Its Foundation.

The Boarding ticket to the Mystery Flight is a Genuie relationship with the King of kings, JESUS Christ.

874 Likes 103 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by NOGRUDGES(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
The steering design is unnecessary, engineering would have perfected the self driven technology by then.
The need for a external lighting is also sceptical because the perfect road accessories will be on ground.
But let them be, we can't really predict how fast these things will come on board

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by 2times2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
They didn't consider Nigeria when deciding on this vehicle...

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Avedonn: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
That's some Heavy Machine From Lincoln but as For me, the ride I am looking forward to now is the Mystery Airline that is about to take me and all whose Names are written the Book of Life off this earth.

It is gonna be Suddenly and a twinkling of an eye. O my GOD. It is gonna be a Huge Mysterious Flight whose Announcement and Depature will shake the whole Universe

Seriously you need help because your case in something else.

226 Likes 23 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by ameristu: 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
Not in Nigeria, the roads won't be good.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by iamyemiakins(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
Which kain steering be this!

Person no go fit swerve perfectly with this kain steering na undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by gift2xl: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
In all when they get accident people will still die, in all your still the one controlling the steering and stepping on the gas.... Waste

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Mastakija(m): 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Spending123: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
That's some Heavy Machine From Lincoln but as For me, the ride I am looking forward to now is the Mystery Airline that is about to take me and all whose Names are written the Book of Life off this earth.

It is gonna be Suddenly and a twinkling of an eye. O my GOD! It is gonna be a Huge Mysterious Flight whose Announcement and Depature will shake the whole Universe to Its Foundation.

The Boarding ticket to the Mystery Flight is a Genuie relationship with the King of kings, JESUS Christ.

Which people the even like this your comment self? To be serious this thing is becoming tiring.

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Decentdave(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
There maybe no year 2040,The way the world is going like this.Jesus would had come and the antichrist taken over

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by slawormiir: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This is one hell of a ride

Am gonna grab that shit

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by WonderManly(m): 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Make i look am Wella!

2 Likes

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by FalseProphet1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
By 2040 Nigerians will be back to using donkeys and camels for transportation, cos this country is clearly moving backwards.

This I have seen.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by ENGINEERG(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Why are you so sure of what has not happened before? You better live and enjoy your life first on earth. Heaven or rapture has not happened before, its still a speculation... Even the way you talk about rapture is as if is tomorrow, I hope you have a plan too, cos if you think too much on heaven you won't plan for this life stall.... The second coming is near, is near, but we have spent over 2000yrs now, ...
Righteousness2:

It is gonna be Suddenly and a twinkling of an eye. O my GOD! It is gonna be a Huge Mysterious Flight whose Announcement and Depature will shake the whole Universe to Its Foundation.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by UncleKoboko: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Kindness218: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
While In Nigeria, this is our current progress

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
angry
Righteousness2 I don dey enjoy your spirituality small small cha grin Funny crase cheesy

Mennnnnnnn, oyinbo cha en.......Na only God pass these people I swear......

5 Likes

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Terrence98: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

It seems some Pastors are not aware of this rapture. They are busy collecting seed for new branches and private jets.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by dvkot(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Yansh
Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Darkseid(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
2040 my Naija people go still dey look for 2025 Toyota Camry "Toks" grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by kunleiky(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Wow. Should we say vision 2040
Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

While sane human beings are looking forward to future inventions which will make life better and scientists are working tirelessly to improve the human life span, this low IQ individual is hoping to go into the clouds and live in an ancient kingdom were they wear robes, play harps, ride horses and eat grapes. To him that's paradise. Please those who wants to go to heaven should do fast and go abeg.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by greenie77: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
ameristu:
Not in Nigeria, the roads won't be good.

That is if Nigeria still exists by then!

4 Likes

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Nikeruka(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
and will not get to naija until 40years later

1 Like

Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by akanbiaa(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
Me patiently waiting ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.