Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" (2113 Views)

Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Efewestern: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2021
Ogiame Atuwatse III formerly known as Tsola Emiko is Itsekiri's 21st OLU. No doubt, the young king has prepared for this moment and he is indeed made for the throne.

Last night, i stumbled upon a tweet of him were he explained the meaning of the title "Atuwatse".

Atuwatse when translated into English means "The one Who restores Wealth"

1 Like

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by onuwaje(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2021
Efewestern:
Tsola Emiko is Itsekiri's 21st OLU. No doubt, the young king has prepared for this moment and he is indeed made for the throne.

Last night, i stumbled upon a tweet of him were he explained the meaning of the title "Atuwatse".

For future purpose he is to be addressed as Ogiame Atuwatse III.
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2021
Efewestern:
Tsola Emiko is Itsekiri's 21st OLU. No doubt, the young king has prepared for this moment and he is indeed made for the throne.

Lol, wrong translation.

Uwa - wealth

Will "At" and "tse" means the one who restores? Lol
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2021
onuwaje:

For future purpose he is to be addressed as Ogiame Atuwatse III.
Thank you

The translation is very wrong
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by PrinceOfLagos: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2021
Seems this one is a social media king

Even me that's yet to take over the throne of my father's in Lagos don't spend much time on Twitter like some royalties do
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Even me that's yet to take over the throne of my father's in Lagos don't spend much time on Twitter like some royalties do

Which part of Lagos state?
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by PrinceOfLagos: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

It's not wise to blow my cover at this time
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by juman(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2021
Almost the same meaning.
Atunwase mean someone that replenish us.
Make us good again.

1 Like

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Omoluabi1stborn: 10:42am On Aug 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

It's not wise to blow my cover at this time

Just tell me bro. Just which part

If you're real a royal bloodline, you'll know what I'm talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by oyatz(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

The guy behind the moniker, PrinceOfLagos is an Igbo guy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by seunmsg(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Awon omo iran kiran, omo ajokuta mamuni na fe joba l'Eko.
Aye gba Tapa tan, oun kole igunu. Lo'joba koje kari e. Rubbish.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by PrinceOfLagos: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2021
seunmsg:

You should be respectful when talking to people you don't know on social media...
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by seunmsg(m): 11:51am On Aug 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You should be respectful when talking to people you don't know on social media...

Iwofa na fe j'oba. O d'aye atunwa. Tueh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by PrinceOfLagos: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2021
seunmsg:

Iwofa na fe j'oba. O d'aye atunwa. Tueh!
Seun I am your future king in this Lagos and there is nothing you could do to stop it from happening

You will bow to my feet someday in this Lagos, keep this date.
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

He's the outcome of one fourth class king too much flexing, too bad concubine son can't become king in Yoruba land
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by macof(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
SlyDev:

He's the outcome of one fourth class king too much flexing, too bad concubine son can't become king in Yoruba land

The guy is not even from yorubaland, he's just a troll

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
macof:

The guy is not even from yorubaland, he's just a troll
I know brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by macof(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Lol, wrong translation.

Uwa - wealth

Will "At" and "tse" means the one who restores? Lol
In the name "Atuwatse"
If the Olu of Warri's etymology is correct Uwa as wealth is probably an Edoid input, I always thought it meant "life" "existence" "the world"

Atu Uwa tse. Not At Uwa tse
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by YungMillionaire: 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

This Igbo boy. Who do you think you are fooling?

1 Like

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by TAO12: 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
macof:
In the name "Atuwatse"
If the Olu of Warri's etymology is correct Uwa as wealth is probably an Edoid input, I always thought it meant "life" "existence" "the world"
Atu Uwa tse. Not At Uwa tse
In Yoruba, “ùwà” means existence.

In Yoruba, “ùwà” means conduct, character.

In Yoruba, “ùwà” means power, glory, opulence.

However, this last usage is already falling into disuse.

This last usage is found in Ijebu names such as:
Tewogbuwa, Gbelegbuwa, etc.

This last usage also seem to be the one in the word: Alaiyeluuwa — i.e., Ẹni tó ni ayé tó tún ni ùwà.

Cheers.
Cc: Omoluabi1stborn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by baby124: 12:50am On Aug 25, 2021
Atunwase means someone who has come to reform/ fix/ make great something.

3 Likes

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by nisai: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Haba, boda Seun, ko serious to'yen grin Aba tio le di oota lasan lo nda.
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by nisai: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2021
baby124:
Atunwase means someone who has come to reform/ fix/ make great something.
Correct.

1 Like

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by Christistruth00: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
In Yoruba ( Oyo dialect) the meaning is almost the Same it means. Our “Repairer” or “Restorer “

1 Like

Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by toyinakomolafe(m): 2:28am On Aug 29, 2021
The king given meaning corresponds to Ekiti meaning

Uwa or UA in Ekiti dialect(contracted UWA) this means wealth.

Atuwase means one who restores or rebuilds wealth exactly the same meaning as the king

Other examples are
Adesuwa or Adesua (common in Ekiti) one who comes or walks or is born into wealth or celebrations

Other names,

Ogunkuade, Jemilua, Ademilua, Olumilua, etc. As an Ikere Ekiti person, I understand Itshekiri language to some extent without stress.

TAO12:

In Yoruba, “ùwà” means existence.

In Yoruba, “ùwà” means conduct, character.

In Yoruba, “ùwà” means power, glory, opulence.

However, this last usage is already falling into disuse.

This last usage is found in Ijebu names such as:
Tewogbuwa, Gbelegbuwa, etc.

This last usage also seem to be the one in the word: Alaiyeluuwa — i.e., Ẹni tó ni ayé tó tún ni ùwà.

Cheers.
Cc: Omoluabi1stborn
Re: Tsola Emiko Explains The Meaning Of "Atuwatse" by TAO12: 2:33am On Aug 29, 2021
toyinakomolafe:
The king given meaning corresponds to Ekiti meaning

Uwa or UA in Ekiti dialect(contracted UWA) this means wealth.

Atuwase means one who restores or rebuilds wealth exactly the same meaning as the king

Other examples are
Adesuwa or Adesua (common in Ekiti) one who comes or walks or is born into wealth or celebrations

Other names,

Ogunkuade, Jemilua, Ademilua, Olumilua, etc. As an Ikere Ekiti person, I understand Itshekiri language to some extent without stress.
Thank you very much.

I sha know more places in the eastern axis (apart from Ijebu/Itsekiri) would still have that “3rd” usage.

Wealth = Opulence = Uwa (the “3rd” Yoruba usage).

Another phrase which I remember again now (apart from Gbelegbuwa, et al.) is Bobagunwa.

Cheers!

Cc: macof

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

OGUN Festival I Witnessed In Ado-ekiti, Ekiti State / Website On Learning Yoruba / Must We Wish Ourselves Happy New Month Every Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.