Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Keeping Promises: The Nigerian Government And NARD - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Keeping Promises: The Nigerian Government And NARD (1159 Views)

FG And NARD Dispute Takes Another Ugly Turn / Kano Govt Playing Politics With COVID-19 - NARD, NMA, AMLSN / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Promises: The Nigerian Government And NARD by VGSocial: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
The Nigerian Association Of Resident Doctors (NARD) embarked on strike actions due to unpaid salaries, the strike marks the fourth strike action taken by the doctors since the inception of the pandemic in Nigeria.

The government's response to the strike action had proved futile. Minister of Labour Dr Chris Ngige, in his interview with Channels Television on the 6th of August 2021, threatened to replace the striking resident doctors. In his words, an employer has a right to replace an employee who abandons their duties, especially as it pertains to essential services. “He will also withdraw your money and use it to pay those he has acquired during the period you were away,”

The government's continuous refusal to meet the doctor's demand will endanger the masses and many underprivileged Nigerians. The repercussion of this strike action to a developing country with a growing covid rate could prove to be a ticking time bomb.

To join in the ongoing debate, kindly click on the link below:

https://veegil.com/keeping-promises-the-nigerian-government-and-nard-612514a84381bfccee4a45c4

#nigeria #doctors #healthcare #strike

(1) (Reply)

I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! / Info Bout Yoga Need Ur Help! / Had A Bump On My Head On Hitting A Shelf, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.