Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176885 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If you want to take total control of your portfolio...........

Use your virtual equity to copy -:

(Jaynemesis)
(Jeppe Kirk Bonde)
This two above, you can no longer copy. They are already managing over $75 Million of copiers funds each (AUM reached). But search their portfolio, to guide your purchase............

Fabrizio Zanol
Koen Dauw
TeaTea Chi
Richard Stroud
Big-Profits (forex only)

The ones above also, use their portfolio as a guide on investments................

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
elisinho:

Doesn't make sense na so I trek yesterday after just 10pm because buses no dey

The workers should be home to celebrate with their families.... I think its very nice and considerate that one day a year there shutdown

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2021
Theadoredone:
Monthly rent of £570 for a 3 bed though undecided
Isn't this too good to be true..

Yup, rent is cheaper up north. You could get even for less in some places
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustAPasserBy: 1:51am On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:
Thank you so much tushqueen , Adapapaokoye and others for your advice , I really appreciate.
Please what can I do or provide to ensure my mum is given visa so that she can come with my kids. I have been able to get a solicitor here in Uk for administrative review on my husband's visa issue, hoping that it comes out well.
The only option I have now is my mum to bring them and stay here for awhile.

Without going into too much personal details…are you able to say the reason your husband’s application was rejected?
There are a lot of persons (with huge experiences) on this forum who might be able to offer suggestions. And save you the solicitor fees..

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:01am On Dec 27, 2021
seunoj:

Boss,
Pls wch site do u recommend for shopping gadgets in the uk aside eBay and Amazon
John Lewis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:31am On Dec 27, 2021
seunoj:

Boss,
Pls wch site do u recommend for shopping gadgets in the uk aside eBay and Amazon

Currys.....

Not the type Asians love to use....... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:39am On Dec 27, 2021
seunoj:

Boss,

What gadgets do you seek .......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 6:38am On Dec 27, 2021
teeebest:
Hello, please I need advice/suggestions.

I will be travelling to the UK in January with my family as an international student. While searching for accommodation, I got a 3 bedroom flat in Durham. Unfortunately, I couldn't get someone to do viewing for me (though the landlady immediately agreed that I sent someone and also dropped her phone numbers). So, I opted for virtual viewing and everything looks good.

She is not yet married and she said she's been in the UK for 6 years. Can someone co-own a property in UK in this short period?(She's Ghanaian and the other person is Nigerian). I was told to pay a deposit of £500 while I will pay the monthly rent of £570 when we are ready to move in. She didn't request for a guarantor as well.

She always sound nice and ready to help. Infact, she agreed that I can pay half of the deposit now and the balance in January before we arrive.

Elders, is it possible that this woman want to scam me or it's just one of those things? I got to know about the co-owner when I got the rent contract and according to her, she has a lower share in the property. The account number for payment is also hers.

Can I proceed please?

Please don't pay anything to anyone account until you see the house physically yourself or trusted friend.

Genuine owner will wait for you if she doesn't get another person . January is very close

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by contra(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2021
RUN!

teeebest:
Hello, please I need advice/suggestions.

Can I proceed please?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2021
Good morning and compliments of the season.

We're moving to the UK by January ending and I need advise on which best commuters town we can stay. Wifey's school is Westminster university and we've been advised to commute to save cost.

Please, I'm looking at somewhere not so expensive (rent and general living cost), not too far from London and easy to commute. Thanks again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2021
Ticha:

Someone from 9ja might not have access to a credit card tho. But you're right a credit card offers a charge back opportunity plus S75

Can you please expantiate a bit on the charge back opportunity?

I might be able to get someone in the UK to help pay the deposit with credit card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2021
yolkman20:

We're moving to the UK by January ending and I need advise on which best commuters town we can stay. Wifey's school is Westminster university and we've been advised to commute to save cost.

Please, I'm looking at somewhere not so expensive (rent and general living cost), not too far from London and easy to commute. Thanks again.

Westminster is on the jubilee line underground. Google all the stops on that line and see how far you can live and preference.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2021
yolkman20:

That's relative depending on how much you can afford.
University of Westminster is central London, Madame Tussauds and all that.
You can find cheapish (for London) housing in places like Dagenham, Stratford and the IG14 and RM postcodes (if you like), and she'll have a longish, but manageable, quasi-Lagos-like commute to Baker Street.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2021
Ok, I think I stated the reason earlier. He was refused visa 2015 and never got to know the reason for the refusal because nothing was on the mail and it was an agent that did that for him then, and didn't know he was banned as well. So now that we applied for dependant visa , they refused him and gave the kids, stating that he was banned in 2015 because he falsified document, meaning he can only apply after Oct 2025.
JustAPasserBy:

Without going into too much personal details…are you able to say the reason your husband’s application was rejected?
There are a lot of persons (with huge experiences) on this forum who might be able to offer suggestions. And save you the solicitor fees..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2021
teeebest:

Can you please expantiate a bit on the charge back opportunity?

I might be able to get someone in the UK to help pay the deposit with credit card

I bet you, that soft spoken lovely landlady, would tell you she does not accept credit cards............. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2021
Please what happens if my kids with dependant visa fails to come into UK within the 90days?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:
Ok, I think I stated the reason earlier. He was refused visa 2015 and never got to know the reason for the refusal because nothing was on the mail and it was an agent that did that for him then, and didn't know he was banned as well. So now that we applied for dependant visa , they refused him and gave the kids, stating that he was banned in 2015 because he falsified document, meaning he can only apply after Oct 2025.

Your husband is presently facing a 10 year ban.......... wink

Never patronise agents...... They would cause more damage.......

Start seeking alternative help.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:

Then there is very little the solicitor you hired can do. He was banned in 2015 and the agent who submitted forged documents did not disclose that to him then he applied and the ban was activated.

He can not use agent as an excuse.

Concentrate in getting your mum a visa to help with kids.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:
Please what happens if my kids with dependant visa fails to come into UK within the 90days?

You will need to apply for a replacement vignette.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I bet you, that soft spoken lovely landlady, would tell you she does not accept credit cards............. cheesy

Lol.
Very few private landlords, if any, will accept credit cards for rent payments. Potential wahala too much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol.
Very few private landlords, if any, will accept credit cards for rent payments. Potential wahala too much.

That's the only fraud protection tool, a prospective tenant is got ............. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adespecial: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2021
Compliments of the season to us all!

Pls I will like to know if I can put in for postgraduate studies in any of the Uk schools considering the fact that am currently undergoing a master degree programme in South Africa.

I really want to tap into this Uk opportunity with my family but I don’t if my current study in South Africa will affect my application.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Chai. What if the transaction is done through bank transfer, (Uk account to her own UK account) is that traceable?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
teeebest:

Chai. What if the transaction is done through bank transfer, (Uk account to her own UK account) is that traceable?

Long process...... Depends on the amount involved, you would have to head to a small claims court (assuming that soft spoken lady, turns rogue)...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Xanderlex: 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
gistbite:
Hello Guys, please what are alternative ways of warming up the room without electronic heater or fireplace? I'm trying not to run up electricity bills
Just be careful with the heating sha. Moved into UK 3 days ago. First day of entering apartment, racked up 20 pounds of prepaid unit cheesy . Omo the next day, we off everything o. Only turn ON heater at night and turn it OFF when everywhere is warm. Blanket and sweaters are your friends this period.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Domistic: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Xanderlex:

Just be careful with the heating sha. Moved into UK 3 days ago. First day of entering apartment, racked up 20 pounds of prepaid unit cheesy . Omo the next day, we off everything o. Only turn ON heater at night and turn it OFF when everywhere is warm. Blanket and sweaters are your friends this period.
hahahaha.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
Xanderlex:

Wrong way around. Heater during the day. Wear woollen lounge wear and stockings. Sainsburys does some cute ones.i m Wearing some now. You can layer thermal wear under it since you are not yet acclimatised. Marks and Spencer does thermal wear.Turn heater off at night when under TOG 13.5 Duvet.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
missjekyll:

Wrong way around. Heater during the day. Wear woollen lounge wear and stockings. Sainsburys does some cute ones.i m Wearing some now. You can layer thermal wear under it since you are not yet acclimatised. Marks and Spencer does thermal wear.Turn heater off at night when under TOG 13.5 Duvet.

Wisdom cos u dey under blanket why much heating again

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustAPasserBy: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:

If I were you, I wouldn’t engage a solicitor ( except and unless the solicitor services is FREE). Even so, I wouldn’t really want to push my luck too much.

See that bolded part? If by mail, you meant email, I’m afraid, your (his) agent was fraudulent. The UK does not send visa refusal letters by ‘mail’. They put it in an envelope containing the applicant’s passport. The applicant can’t miss it at all. They also explicitly state reason(s) for rejection.

My sister, on this occasion, the agent lied to your husband. Untill and unless your husband is able to kolobi the agent and get out the hard facts, a solicitor is just about to chop your money for nothing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2021
Does that mean there is no chance of positive outcome in administrative review?
JustAPasserBy:

If I were you, I wouldn’t engage a solicitor ( except and unless the solicitor services is FREE). Even so, I wouldn’t really want to push my luck too much.

See that bolded part? If by mail, you meant email, I’m afraid, your (his) agent was fraudulent. The UK does not send visa refusal letters by ‘mail’. They put it in an envelope containing the applicant’s passport. The applicant can’t miss it at all. They also explicitly state reason(s) for rejection.

My sister, on this occasion, the agent lied to your husband. Untill and unless your husband is able to kolobi the agent and get out the hard facts, a solicitor is just about to chop your money for nothing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Contra5(f): 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Yes, you can. You may be able to save up the full deposit before completing the whole process.

[quote author=brine post=108594858]

Congratulations ! I'm wondering if it makes sense to start looking for a house few months before you have your full deposit ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
DFmum:
Does that mean there is no chance of positive outcome in administrative review?
From my own understanding, adminstrative review means that they made a mistake in coming to their conclusion based on the docs you submitted. I doubt that is the case in this situation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.