Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176664 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
DeeOneBangin:
Quick one guys; I have a job interview nextweek. When is it best to ask if the company can sponsor for the role I’m applying for. It’s a care home and the name of the company is among the list of sponsors.

If they don't ask in the interview, wait till you've been offered the role. After the offer, you can raise it before the right to work checks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by somyjuls: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
Please how can I get a one or 2 bed for family in Salford Manchester..Been trying for weeks now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SamReinvented: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
ModelLook:
I have a question. If an employer decides to sponsor you to the UK by giving u a COS and Tier 2 Visa.

What now happens when u decide to maybe study a course in the University in UK after some months.

Will you have to switch back to Students Visa where u only work 20hrs per week while u study or u just continue on the Tier 2 Visa where u can work unlimited?

Thank you.

No. You can also study on your tier 2 visa if your employer permits you to do so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
umarwy:

Mr proton mail we have the records

grin

grin keep it safe mate

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2022
Another point to Note : If inviting your elderly parents, remember to have some form of health insurance for them........

Remember, you are their guarantor !!!!! If a hospital admission is required, an NHS bed per 24 hour cycle is over £600 + treatments etc etc .... It could easily hit £1000 per 24 hour cycle........

NHS fund managers, would come after you ........ cheesy

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Another point to Note : If inviting your elderly parents, remember to have some form of health insurance for them........

Remember, you are their guarantor !!!!! If a hospital admission is required, an NHS bed per 24 hour cycle is over £600 + treatments etc etc .... It could easily hit £1000 per 24 hour cycle........

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tonyyyu: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
can I ask you a question privately? Please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Please any recommendations for health insurance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tonyyyu: 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
LagosismyHome:

My company uses Bupa.
Reviews from those who have claimed are no more abusive than usual.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

My company uses Bupa.
Reviews from those who have claimed are no more abusive than usual.

No more abusive than usual cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Insurance would have to be obtained from Nigeria......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
LagosismyHome:

We used Axa (Mansard).

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kaylov12: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
[quote author=Hila12 post=109434362][/quote]

No, they did not but I asked them for a letter that says they would.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richdee1(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
DeeOneBangin:
Quick one guys; I have a job interview nextweek. When is it best to ask if the company can sponsor for the role I’m applying for. It’s a care home and the name of the company is among the list of sponsors.

Link to the list of sponsors please �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good evening House.

I submitted the details of my present passport for issuance of COS. However, my passport is now in the 6 month range of expiry and I have captured for a re-issuance.
How should I go about it when applying for VISA?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:02am On Jan 18, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2022
justwise:

You can buy it anytime but it must be addressed to Nigerian embassy London

I’m not sure about your second question but you can’t go wrong with the baby’s birth certificate.

True

I'll take the birth certificate along.
Thank you justwise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 1:00am On Jan 18, 2022

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richdee1(m): 1:58am On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2022
Does claiming work from home tax credit count as “claiming public funds”?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2022
kode12:
Does claiming work from home tax credit count as “claiming public funds”?

No.
But you'll have to file a self-assessment, I think, if your company doesn't give an allowance for that. Some do, I've learnt, mine doesnt.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DaveChapelle: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Good evening House.

I submitted the details of my present passport for issuance of COS. However, my passport is now in the 6 month range of expiry and I have captured for a re-issuance.
How should I go about it when applying for VISA?

Thank you.
Just mention in your application, you are in the process of renewing. In your case, still within date, so probably not an issue or not...I applied forILR with an expired passport and mentioned i was in the process of renewal. When it was being processedi got an email asking me to send the recent data page, which had been done by then and i got the ILR without problems...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

No.
But you'll have to file a self-assessment, I think, if your company doesn't give an allowance for that. Some do, I've learnt, mine doesnt.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Pls what’s the best (reliable, cheap and fast) way of funding Monzo and Revolut account from money already in Naija bank account?

I want to believe I can get better options than going through black market.

Thanks [/quote]

Pls someone should help me with possible answer. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
@Myvic70, I see you tried sending PM, I don’t have the details to access that email anymore.

Can you kindly ask your questions here if possible as you’d get more opinions here

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kymkym: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=Hila12 post=109292000]

Hi Kaylov12. I hold an offer for secondary maths at edge hill University UK, sept 2022.

Please I have some questions and would really appreciate your input being very experienced in this regard...

(1) How long was the entire visa duration (the visa length). Was it 12 months, or 14months? For example if you started study Sept 2020, what month did the visa expire?

Good day my seniors

Is it possible to apply to more than three schools for PGCE?

If possible, how?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sulee23(f): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
I know with lemonade you can fund your naira account. But the rate is not cheap. It is also instant, fund your naira wallet then send to ur GB account. Today's rate is
784.98 to a naira. So you might be better off with that black market.

lawali:
Pls what’s the best (reliable, cheap and fast) way of funding Monzo and Revolut account from money already in Naija bank account?

Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
lawali:

Thanks

Try Kyishi. I haven't used it but you can trade your naira for pounds at an agreed rate and the pounds can be paid to your account.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Sulee23:
I know with lemonade you can fund your naira account. But the rate is not cheap. It is also instant, fund your naira wallet then send to ur GB account. Today's rate is
784.98 to a naira. So you might be better off with that black market.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
dustydee:

Try Kyishi. I haven't used it but you can trade your naira for pounds at an agreed rate and the pounds can be paid to your account.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.