Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192425 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
umarwy:

Ah pele.
Big cities are trying to go green so they charge you daily for driving in low emission zones.

To avoid this you need to buy a ulez compliant vehicle or avoid driving in those zones.

Easiest way to avoid any stories is to get a Tesla, or recent hybrid/electric cars.

Welcome to the future.

Me I am still looking for 6.2/6.3 litre C63 w204, the engine itself is a beauty to look at.

There is this clean one I saw on Gumtree for an unbelievably low price. I messaged the seller to see if he would accept £25,000, he said the lowest he can go is £28,000. https://www.gumtree.com/p/tesla/black-tesla-model-s85-hatchback-2014/1398509455

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:

You are really funny
. Boss show me link abeg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
JustAPasserBy:

https://www.begambleaware.org/
This one talks about Gambling addiction and not gambling regulations.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
ybahrbz91:
@Lexusgs430 Thanks you for this.
Does that mean the individual has to dumb the LeBara for LycaMobile?
I am asking on behalf newbies like me who will be entering the UK soon. I was given a free LeBara SIM at TLS during my Biometrics. Should I go ahead with using lebara when I enter into the UK or I should get another network provider.

Thanks for your everytime Tutelage.

Just use Rebtel

Like Same price
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
mex551:
Good evening Ancestors on this street. I need your guidance here. We just relocated to Coventry from Naija and in the process of finding school for the kids. We wrote to the council and they scheduled a zoom meeting with us where they interviewed us alongside the kids. (6 and cool they told us that the nearest school of our choice has vacancy for the 6 year old in grade 2 while they do not have vacancy for the other kid who should be in grade 4. They said the option we have is to accept the nearest school for the grade 2 and the other farther school for the other one while we apeal to the council to see if they can reconsider and place both in same school

That is one. The next is that if they eventually place them and we want them fed, we would have to pay to the school for feeding. That one confuse me. I thought public schools in UK feed their pupils. Abi Coventry own dey different. How do I handle this feeding own.

@mex551 How were you able to resolve this? did you appeal to the council? Or did you wait it out. I happen to be in a similar situation, the nearest school, has a place for year 2, the kid has started, the year 4 school is further away, he has not started because we are awaiting an offer from a closer school that has space. However the further away year 4 schools keeps calling that he should resume as its illegal for him to be out of school after being offered a place.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
claremont:

There is this clean one I saw on Gumtree for an unbelievably low price. I messaged the seller to see if he would accept £25,000, he said the lowest he can go is £28,000. https://www.gumtree.com/p/tesla/black-tesla-model-s85-hatchback-2014/1398509455

Now that's a beau!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
Shortlisting.
daceo1:
Hello guys

Pls assist here. Does anyone have an idea of the NHS STP programme. Some one i know just got this. I need to know whats the next stage after this? Plsss assisttttttttttt

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
Santa2:

@mex551 How were you able to resolve this? did you appeal to the council? Or did you wait it out. I happen to be in a similar situation, the nearest school, has a place for year 2, the kid has started, the year 4 school is further away, he has not started because we are awaiting an offer from a closer school that has space. However the further away year 4 schools keeps calling that he should resume as its illegal for him to be out of school after being offered a place.

Yes its illegal..... although you might have a good reason why the child hasn't resume it is still illegal .what if that offers doesnt comes until 2 years or 3 years from now. Will the child continue to stay at home .

Please note if there is no space in a school there really no space and nothing anyone can do, especiallyfor oversubscribed schools ..... .. You either move closer or send the child to school however inconvenient
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2022
Santa2:

they were able to offer us same school. the kids has all resumed. The kids are doing very few subjects unlike in Naija where they do up to 15 subjects I will advise that you accept the offer pending when another opportunity comes for then to be in same school
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
ybahrbz91:
@Lexusgs430 Thanks you for this.
Does that mean the individual has to dumb the LeBara for LycaMobile?
I am asking on behalf newbies like me who will be entering the UK soon. I was given a free LeBara SIM at TLS during my Biometrics. Should I go ahead with using lebara when I enter into the UK or I should get another network provider.

Thanks for your everytime Tutelage.

All UK networks are equally the same, and offer very similar national coverage and competitively priced........

Would you be calling Nigeria directly or via WhatsApp calls ? ....

Would you have WiFi at home etc etc ?...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
umarwy:

maganin kudi da maciji.

as long as no scarcity of fuel I should be fine

You have a regular dose prescribed of monemicin or viagrego.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
bemagnify:
. Boss show me link abeg

I haven't seen any law that forbids foreign students or foreigners living in the UK from playing gambling, i know of age restriction but visa status restriction
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
bemagnify:
Please I want to know, if a student visa holder is allowed to play bets in the Uk, either online or offline?

Even in UK, you dont want to leave that habit?
Think bro think!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:

I haven't seen any law that forbids foreign students or foreigners living in the UK from playing gambling, i know of age restriction but visa status restriction

Ok Thanks boss. But try carry ur boys for Uk go drink small wine na !
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
uchman:

Even in UK, you dont want to leave that habit?
Think bro think!

Is that the answer to my question?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

You are a gambler.

Justwise na SARS work, go fit you

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
bemagnify:

I am not gambling, trust me

Project of Gambling and eradication in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
uchman:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
claremont:

Put the vehicle details on auto trader as if you want to sell, and see if it's been in accident erc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
uchman:

This is funny bro,
I cant imagine you fighting.

uchman:

How does this work out?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
This is for people looking for short stay accommodation. I was paying about £70 per night to stay in a hotel for a conference, after paying and staying for 3 nights then I checked gumtree and saw a landlord looking for a flat share for another tenant, I messaged him and he allowed me to stay in the flat for 5 days paying £10 a night since the initial monthly payment was £300 for the shared flat per tenant.
It is alot cheaper than airbnb and hotel accommodation cheesy cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2022
canadaishome:

I've finally been able to make payment.

But I have another issue lol
The appointment platform let me book an appointment date for April 15th. I didn't realize until this week that it is Good Friday which is a bank holiday. I don't know if they will really open that day.
Is there a fast Way to contact Nigeria high commission? Their phone never gets answered

Same thing happened to me until I saw your post, I’ve just gone to reschedule.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
dupyshoo:
Please don't start this. Someone even committed murder because of this. Gambling can ruin one's life. It always starts as "just for fun".

You are right, it has destroyed many lives especially the younger ones. It’s very addictive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:

If a non resident wins the lottery, they can’t claim the winnings , they will have to use someone they trust.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
Santa2:

Your child needs to resume school ASAP before the school reports your family to social services. Last thing you want is the police at your door "conducting a welfare check" on your child and social services extending their magnifying glass in your family's affairs.

If you need financial support or assistance with transport costs, speak to the school and/or the council. That said, lack of finances to transport a child to school is not an acceptable legal reason to keep a young child away from school.

Some schools have waiting list of over 2 years and there's no guarantee your child will be offered a place till he/she starts secondary school. Are you saying your child will not attend school if this scenario plays out?

Refusing to take your child to the school that has offered you a place will not force the nearer school to grant your child preferential treatment and allow he/she skip the waiting list.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.