Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1175855 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
kode12:

You must pay your mother this same amount oh. I nominate myself as her personal accountant. We're open for negotiations though grin grin grin

Hahahaha… when I am also feeding, providing accommodation and paying all bills.
Biko, if you have such job, me sef I am available
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2022
WhrightJr:

U survived the accident (hitting your head) because God kept you alive for a reason
I'm sorry for saying 'just' $200
But please Sir I really need your help, you can lend me any amount that you're comfortable with, I'm having heated family issues rn that I need money to sort out and take away the shame from my family name
I don't mind paying you back with interest
Boss please I beg of you to help me
If I had my way I would have sorted it out myself, but right now things are not moving smooth for me
But hopefully my stakes will click by next month which is still far to me
I have hope of paying u back with Usdt pls

Lol this is a joke right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
SOS!!!
Canada have asked me for passport after 3 years, they don wake up!!
We are already booked for biometrics for April 27 and deadline to submit to Canada is May 8.
I've tried contacting Nigerian high Commission in London about expedited processing but their phone line never gets answered.
Please guys I need your help

Does anyone know if fast/expedited processing is still an option? No information on their website about this

How can I contact UK high Commission and get a fast response?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JanegirlN: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
We provided a supporting letter from my Dad and his passport. Also uploaded that of my siblings / Dependents in Nigeria and birth certificate for those who do not have, a family picture and also uploaded her bank statement even though we were sponsoring her trip.

tshoboy:

Congratulations! We all need this rest. What did you use to prove her ties to Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
gratefulme40:

Hahahaha… when I am also feeding, providing accommodation and paying all bills.
Biko, if you have such job, me sef I am available
Lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:
SOS!!!
We are already booked for biometrics for April 27 and deadline to submit to Canada is May 8.
I've tried contacting Nigerian high Commission in London about expedited processing but their phone line never gets answered.

Does anyone know if fast/expedited processing is still an option? No information on their website about this

The stress of starting all over scares the shyte out of me....I wish you good luck on your Canadian journey

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RichEstate(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2022
Family, please can someone guide me through the new amendment to the tier 2 visa. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:
SOS!!!

I used to have a contact in Nigeria embassy but when I gave a nairaland his details he didn't seem to like it ......lol although he helped resolve it. Buzz me if you want to try if he can help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisemy01: 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
Would this also be a good option if it's a family of say 5 with 10 big bags/luggages each weighing almost 23k? Or the person should book/hire a mini van that usually contains 8 persons?
giselle237:
fly to Manchester and use taxi, bus or train from manchester airport to Leeds. By taxi it is 50 mns to Leeds.
If u have so much bags, pls use national express from manchester airport as they have a busstop in the airport or take taxi home. Taxi appropriate fare is 70 to 80 pounds. Google A1 taxi and call them when u land.
Again I do not advise train trips if you have boxes with you. The struggle and rush and all not worth it.
Wakanow is safe. Only use them if you are sure of your travel dates and wont make any changes to these as any change after u have paid for ticket, u wont smile

national express is the bus/coach service .. there’ll be heathrow airport terminals to leeds, manchester airport to leeds etc. you can ride from the airports, you do not need to go into the city.
trainline you can buy train tickets
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisemy01: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2022
wow
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:
SOS!!!

If Canada is really your home and you can’t get it out quickly from here, just fly home do it and fly back. Na only money e go chop.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
chrisemy01:
Would this also be a good option if it's a family of say 5 with 10 big bags/luggages each weighing almost 23k? Or the person should book/hire a mini van that usually contains 8 persons?

Humans + 230kg of 10 Bags.
Na to hire 12-18 seater bus be that nah.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:
SOS!!!

Good luck and Godspeed.
Permanent residence in Canada is way better than the half-limbo of a Tier 2 visa with no security and NRPF.

When you go to the HC, speak to them there, the passport unit chaps are approachable and if you explain your matter, they might be willing to expedite for you even if fast track is no longer available.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I used to have a contact in Nigeria embassy but when I gave a nairaland his details he didn't seem to like it ......lol although he helped resolve it. Buzz me if you want to try if he can help

Thank you!

Please see email
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
Mamatukwas:

If Canada is really your home and you can’t get it out quickly from here, just fly home do it and fly back. Na only money e go chop.

And you think it's any faster in Nigeria?
You're not well informed of the snail service in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Good luck and Godspeed.
Permanent residence in Canada is way better than the half-limbo of a Tier 2 visa with no security and NRPF.

When you go to the HC, speak to them there, the passport unit chaps are approachable and if you explain your matter, they might be willing to expedite for you even if fast track is no longer available.

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:

It is if you pay. We got ours out in 3 days. It’s your last option of course. Hopefully this end works.

Good luck.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:

More faster actually. You just have to pay. My DH got his own within 3 days. So it's up to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
omopapa:
Someone enter my DM with the guise of changing money and found their way to my whatsapp. They have been using this format to harass me for some days now but they haven’t succeeded. I ignored the first time and thought they are actually pressed, second time I read our chat history and it became obvious to me how they gained access to my whatsapp. I’m sure they are still hanging around in this thread, be aware guys.

Oh and by the way, they belong to the opposite gender and have a soft spoken voice but I’m too hard to be cracked with such

She wan use Agege bread, pack your soup...... She no sabi say, your fire extinguishers no dey expire....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
Lexusgs430:

She wan use Agege bread, pack your soup...... She no sabi say, your fire extinguishers no dey expire....... wink

cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olaola(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
Santa2:

you can send only passport and generate immigration share code and fill in the share code(there is a provision for that). So you might not need to send your brp if your share code is still active as at the time they are processing it.
Hi, I have tried generating my share code but I keep getting errors that my details cannot be found. What could be wrong please? I am checking with this link https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
chrisemy01:
option 1- minivan from the airport straight to your destination from manchester airport
or national express coach that leaves from manchester airport, it’ll go straight to Leeds.
When you get to Leeds, order Uber XL or Bolt XL from leeds bus station to house/hotel.
Avoid train.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
darknessbegone:

Used your link and ordered the card. How do we settle the rest?

I guess you have done it, cos I just received £50 referral bonus. Please send me your Bank details.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
I just enter UK this week with skilled visa and I will need to resume at my new work place by Monday next week however my BRP is still not ready for collection at the post office .
IS BRP compulsory to resume work and what other options I have as I am eager to start work ASAP.and what about access to health and bank acct opening ,will I need brp as well to do this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
Alexia20:
I just enter UK this week with skilled visa and I will need to resume at my new work place by Monday next week however my BRP is still not ready for collection at the post office .
IS BRP compulsory to resume work and what other options I have as I am eager to start work ASAP.and what about access to health and bank acct opening ,will I need brp as well to do this.

Bank account you don't need BRP but you need proof of address

I think you can resume pending BRP, although you NI will be written at the back of brp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Bank account you don't need BRP but you need proof of address

I think you can resume pending BRP, although you NI will be written at the back of brp
What about NHS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:

if you sabi way for naija you go get your passport next day..Na money e go chop.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
Alexia20:

What about NHS

you dont need BRP for NHS..just address, passport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
Alexia20:

It depends on your organization but I believe you may need to initiate prove your right to work to your employer using your BRP. The code will be shared to your employer.
For bank, if you are in Scotland, Bank of Scotland is easier and straight forward but you need address. For access to health, you may search for closest hospital or health center to you and book appointment as a new patient. They may likely send you a form online to fill.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
Santa2:

if you sabi way for naija you go get your passport next day..Na money e go chop.
You don't even need to pay anyone sef, depending on where you are doing it. Pay official fees and still get it in a day or two.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
dustydee:

You don't even need to pay anyone sef, depending on where you are doing it. Pay official fees and still get it in a day or two.

I realized this when we did ours. The official text to pickup came a day after our connect brought it. So laslas it would have still come out fast. But it’s better to be safe than sorry grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
dustydee:

P.S- I don’t know about now, but then Gwagwalada was same day. Go early, wait and collect.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.