Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1233015 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 2:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Anbandaras:
Elders ,please is it legal to trade crypto via P2P on Binance in UK?thanks

Be careful about it. There are thieves in the UK as well. I lost 2 of my bank account in a day cause some tried to recall the money paid back after order has been completed. Story for another day.

Lloyd is still holding all my money. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:16am On Apr 11, 2022
Anbandaras:
Elders ,please is it legal to trade crypto via P2P on Binance in UK?thanks

You shall be scammed ........ wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:18am On Apr 11, 2022
BuildingProject:

Be careful about it. There are thieves in the UK as well. I lost 2 of my bank account in a day cause some tried to recall the money paid back after order has been completed. Story for another day.

Lloyd is still holding all my money. cry cry

Same happened to a chap here, few months ago.......

I bet those people scamming are Nigerian's ......... They would travel to the UK, still attempt to scam fellow Nigerian's.......

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aminlove(m): 5:39am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I bet those people scamming are Nigerian's ......... They would travel to the UK, still attempt to scam fellow Nigerian's.......

Jesus! Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

More point don't assume someone religion gender sexualities etc. Your colleagues/patients fit talk son /daughter and show you a picture of a cat/dog.

Side LIMH has assumed OP is not a JuJu practitioner and would find offense in waking up to see one.

Moral of the story don't make assumptions/generalisation etc.

Anything that doesn't concern you observe and look pass. When you get home gossip with friends/family.

The bolded and unsolicited Advice.

Even solicited sef, be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:06am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

One guy sold cloned/android 13pro max to a work colleague via marketplace. She lowered her guards because na “we we”, “he no fit scam me”.

£800 gone, just like that.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2022
rayralph:

One guy sold cloned/android 13pro max to a work colleague via marketplace. She lowered her guards because na “we we”, “he no fit scam me”.

We talked about cloned devices, a few months ago ...... This is UK, anything can happen ......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

I was accused of all sorts, kidnapping, getting her pregnant etc etc etc

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

This gist sweet die. Elder Sir, I hail youuuu oh!

Thank you for sharing Boss!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2022
humblemoi:

This gist sweet die. Elder Sir, I hail youuuu oh!

Thank you for sharing Boss!

True love, comes with sacrifice, dedication, risks and offending some people, along the way . ......... grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Ticha:

Get a new broker. Contact Ezra Le Mon​
Mortgage Advisor
Ezra.LeMon@JohnCharcol.co.uk
020 3334 9967
www.Charcol.co.uk

Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omotola90(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

hmmm...bossman
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Contra5(f): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2022
Hello all, please I need your advise. My MIL passport was picked up today and there was neither a rejection letter nor vignette on it. Has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 10:56am On Apr 11, 2022
Contra5:
Hello all, please I need your advise. My MIL passport was picked up today and there was neither a rejection letter nor vignette on it. Has anyone experienced this before?
did you receive a mail from them ? Check your junk or was a mail attached to it? There must be a letter or mail.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Contra5(f): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Yes there was an informing her that a decision has been made and another to come collect her passport.

mex551:
did you receive a mail from them ? Check your junk or was a mail attached to it? There must be a letter or mail.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:37am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Make I try ......

Meet this very pretty lady in Kaduna, the very moment I saw her, I knew immediately she was my lost rib .......

Awww see our Elder waxing lyrics grin Love to see it! Many more years to you & your found rib Oga.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

More point don't assume someone religion gender sexualities etc. Your colleagues/patients fit talk son /daughter and show you a picture of a cat/dog.

Side LIMH has assumed OP is not a JuJu practitioner and would find offense in waking up to see one.

Moral of the story don't make assumptions/generalisation etc.

Anything that doesn't concern you observe and look pass. When you get home gossip with friends/family.

smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Don't we all like the "olden" days? Just meet and marry kawai . No dogon turenchi . grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Awww see our Elder waxing lyrics grin Love to see it! Many more years to you & your found rib Oga.

The only bacteria causing UTI, in my bladder. ......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2022
dustydee:

Don't we all like the "olden" days? Just meet and marry kawai . No dogon turenchi . grin

No I am waiting on God, to speak to me or seeking God fearing person ...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2022
dustydee:

Haba, i never old like that nah ...... Biko o .......

Wetin be olden days now ........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2022
omotola90:
hmmm...bossman

My Ọgá ........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2022
Contra5:

No vignette usually points to rejection however UKVI quality control these days is just terrible , so many errors up and down. I would say sadly it most likely a rejection and someone forgot to print the letter or email it

However to be hopeful maybe the visa was granted and they just forgot to print the vignette. Best to contact them and in the case I know, when contacted they then sent the rejection letter

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The only bacteria causing UTI, in my bladder. ......... grin

Smh! Only you will manage to ruin a romantic moment with ‘UTI’ LMAO!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Contra5(f): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
I will. Thank you

LagosismyHome:

No vignette usually points to rejection however UKVI quality control these days is just terrible , so many errors up and down. I would say sadly it most likely a rejection and someone forgot to print the letter or email it

However to be hopeful maybe the visa was granted and they just forgot to print the vignette. Best to contact them and in the case I know, when contacted they then sent the rejection letter
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I believe this.
The conversation that ensued when I didn't fall for one scam had elements of Nigerian in it. I can't say for sure but he mixed pidgin in one of his messages.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
rayralph:

This is painful.
Trust is the bane of scams. I don lack trust as I dey so no vex.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thank you Bro

Ray7878:

God bless you and your family.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Forgive my Oga please...Lol

Akorkor:

Do you have to quote the whole thread? Run away.......... shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thanks

phyl123:

Welcome and good luck for the future.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lol, I know you can fully relate. You were among the people that specifically helped me all through, you, Oga @Lexusgs430, @TheGuyFromHR @Mamatukwas and others as well responded on so many occassions to my several questions.

It is just a huge relief to be able to be past it all now.

dubaiprince:

Congrats... I can relate with what you must have gone through preparing for your family's arrival. I had a similar experience (wife and 3 kids joining 7 months after). Madam no gree me rest lol. Points 1 and 2 are VERY IMPORTANT

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So it's time to switch . . .. . grin

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.