Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,962 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1232339 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2022
LagosismyHome:

E45 helps some people .... Good old vasline helps others as well. Some pour baby oil inside their normal lotion, shake and mix well and use. Epaderm is another option

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hadigun: 1:44pm On May 03, 2022
Please I need two clinical references… someone pls help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2022
LexusGX I brought someone your way o wink

Your hand was seen in my Monzo account

Do giveaway grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:44pm On May 03, 2022
teeebest:
Elders, please recommend a cream for us. We be Jjc here. Our skins gets itchy and we do get black/dry patches atimes.

You can go wrong with either Ori or coconut oil.

But if you are a card carrying member, you could try Caro white et al

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ibk2020: 3:48pm On May 03, 2022
Pls can anyone recommend how best to get airport pickup for a family of 3, coming through Newcastle airport. We have about 7 luggage.
Pls don't skip
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 4:33pm On May 03, 2022
Please how much is the cost of living per month in the UK ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by akaprince(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Seniors.

Please, can one apply for skilled worker visa using ielts result and IOM medical certificate carrying the old passport details? Just renewed passport last month after delays in getting sponsorship. Is it okay to apply without updating the two documents with the new passport details? The old passport number is on the new one. Need guidance from those who have experienced same please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by izyblaze(f): 5:10pm On May 03, 2022
Hi Gurus in the house, I’ve a question cheesy is it true that these shady agencies can sell your details to people without kpali so they can use ur to work? I’m genuinely curious because on my previous reply on the student thread, I had posted about two people I know that were refused PSW and marched back to Nigeria on grounds that their NI were checked, and discovered they broke the 20hrs rule. I reached out to the other one that actually applied for tier two, and she swore she never did more than 20hrs that she’s sure it was one of these agencies that must have given her details to people to work with. She’s planning to hire an immigration lawyer but I’m here asking to satisfy my curiosity becauseeee it’s scary if it’s true grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2022
izyblaze:
Hi Gurus in the house, I’ve a question cheesy is it true that these shady agencies can sell your details to people without kpali so they can use ur to work? I’m genuinely curious because on my previous reply on the student thread, I had posted about two people I know that were refused PSW and marched back to Nigeria on grounds that their NI were checked, and discovered they broke the 20hrs rule. I reached out to the other one that actually applied for tier two, and she swore she never did more than 20hrs that she’s sure it was one of these agencies that must have given her details to people to work with. She’s planning to hire an immigration lawyer but I’m here asking to satisfy my curiosity becauseeee it’s scary if it’s true grin

That is not possible, they used her Details to create an ID? Her payslip posted to two different addresses ? At one point she will be working in two different places at the same time? Her NI will be linked to two different bank accounts at least?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hearkenwunmi: 5:42pm On May 03, 2022
Good evening house, please I will like to ask, if I travel a month before my course starts, am I allowed to work full time before my course starts and then go back to the 20 hours when school resumes?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2022
I will start by creating an account and logging onto the HMRC Tax account then match payslips given.

Make a complaint with hmrc if anything suspicious in your account.

FYI your friend stands a chance of it being overturned if she's gathered all the evidence.

izyblaze:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by izyblaze(f): 5:54pm On May 03, 2022
From what she said, she hinted on the fact that she was not collecting payslips as the money was being paid into someone else’s account (first red flag) grin secondly since they have her passport and all, I assume it may be possible?

justwise:

That is not possible, they used her Details to create an ID? Her payslip posted to two different addresses ? At one point she will be working in two different places at the same time? Her NI will be linked to two different bank accounts at least?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by izyblaze(f): 5:56pm On May 03, 2022
Thanks for this, I didn’t know one can even create an account on the HMRC system. I asked out of curiosity but I honestly don’t want to get too involved in the case because it’s mentally draining and I don’t have the mental strength for it atm. Thanks for the tip, I’ll use it for myself now, one can’t be too careful in anticipation of the future
Bourne007:
I will start by creating an account and logging onto the HMRC Tax account then match payslips given.

Make a complaint with hmrc if anything suspicious in your account.

FYI your friend stands a chance of it being overturned if she's gathered all the evidence.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by akaprince(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2022
Hello Seniors.

Please, can one apply for skilled worker visa using ielts result, PCC and IOM medical certificate carrying the old passport details? Just renewed passport last month after delays in getting sponsorship. Is it okay to apply without updating the three documents with the new passport details? The old passport number is on the new one. Need guidance from those who have experienced same please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 6:24pm On May 03, 2022
Amarathripple0:

https://www.fonehouse.co.uk/

Can one get a phone contract through here as person with low credit score? wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 6:44pm On May 03, 2022
Shame! When I was thinking she stood a chance .. . She simply abetted to this

izyblaze:
From what she said, she hinted on the fact that she was not collecting payslips as the money was being paid into someone else’s account (first red flag) grin secondly since they have her passport and all, I assume it may be possible?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2022
izyblaze:

She needs to provide evidences to back up her accusations, She is not collecting payslip and money is paid into someone else's account? Illegal work?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2022
https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

Simply create an account and you will see all details submitted

izyblaze:
Thanks for this, I didn’t know one can even create an account on the HMRC system. I asked out of curiosity but I honestly don’t want to get too involved in the case because it’s mentally draining and I don’t have the mental strength for it atm. Thanks for the tip, I’ll use it for myself now, one can’t be too careful in anticipation of the future

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:30pm On May 03, 2022
izyblaze:

At first glance I would say how is this possible, on second glance there are some fraud that happens that until they happen to you, you be shocked and say how is this possible

If its a case of fraud, even if she doesn't need PSW let her fight it to the end and clear the record. Very painful to be punished for money you didn't collect
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 7:36pm On May 03, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:03pm On May 03, 2022
LagosismyHome:

At first glance I would say how is this possible, on second glance there are some fraud that happens that until they happen to you, you be shocked and say how is this possible

If its a case of fraud, even if she doesn't need PSW let her fight it to the end and clear the record. Very painful to be punished for money you didn't collect
Read the story again. The person complaining of injustice is the actual suspect. She is working and having her salary paid into someone else's account. Why?

This is very common in US. Immigrants not eligible to work uses someone else's details to work, salary is paid to the details of the person being used and they settle each other afterwards.

There's usually an agreement between both parties because salary is paid into the account of the person that has papers. So if someone is using your documents to work without your knowledge, the salary comes to you except the salary is paid in cash.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2022
Viruses:

Read the story again. The person complaining of injustice is the actual suspect. She is working and having her salary paid into someone else's account. Why?

This is very common in US. Immigrants not eligible to work uses someone else's details to work, salary is paid to the details of the person being used and they settle each other afterwards.

Some international students here do the same so as to beat the 20hrs rule
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 8:08pm On May 03, 2022
Viruses:

But she was a student with a work permit?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:17pm On May 03, 2022
steadyMoving22:

But she was a student with a work permit?
Yes
Yet she's working and having the salary paid to someone else's account and does not have payslips. Why?

Truth is she'll only open up and say what she wants people to hear instead of the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Whitegeh: 8:23pm On May 03, 2022
I tot since your there already, Shou be easier na.
aragbaboy:
I am a carer and support worker here in the UK looking for sponsorship opportunity via the care worker visa sponsorship scheme. I ll appreciate if someone can introduce me to a company offering sponsorship to carers. I can reside anywhere in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:24pm On May 03, 2022
And yet expects to get PSW. I initially felt she stood a chance if appealed but not anymore after reading the partial story.

Viruses:

Yes
Yet she's working and having the salary paid to someone else's account and does not have payslips. Why?

Truth is she'll only open up and say what she wants people to hear instead of the truth.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:36pm On May 03, 2022
Bourne007:
And yet expects to get PSW. I initially felt she stood a chance if appealed but not anymore after reading the partial story.

Painful how the japa journey has been jeopardised. Na to start another study route again and get a new NI and everything new be that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:42pm On May 03, 2022
New NI isn't possible. A breach of visa rules is a 12-month ban, has to leave the country and apply after the ban

Viruses:

Painful how the japa journey has been jeopardised. Na to start another study route again and get a new NI and everything new be that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.