Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179489 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by VMuna: 10:25am On May 29, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Whew. I hope it doesn’t come down to this. Thank you.

Good morning Mamatukwas,

Happy Sunday.

I wish to discuss sending some items from Nigeria to the UK please.

Have just sent you a PM.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:35am On May 29, 2022
Missposh:
Please elders how can I go about this, I bought something on Facebook marketplace on cash on delivery basis. It arrived all wrapped up and I paid. As soon as the driver left, I noticed one of the order was not included. I asked for refund they said they don't do refund, bring back my item, they said until they have another order to dispatch in my area and till now they've not delivered it. Is there a way I can resolve this please? The guy is no longer responding on chat but I have the driver's number.

- If you feel it's worth it, head to the small claims court

- Take a trip to their location, to either pick outstanding item up/return incomplete order and hopefully get refunded.......

You have no transaction with the driver, he simply delivered the items .......... Abi when we buy goods from eBay, after the postman delivers..... Do we hold the postman for incomplete delivery......... grin

The advantage of paying using a credit/debit card .......

NEVER PAY USING CASH ........... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:14am On May 29, 2022
Words ok the street have it that it’s normal but here’s something that might interest you
Mamatukwas:

Is anyone else having issues booking biometric appointments for Schengen Visa?

I’ve tried Netherland and Paris options for a few weeks now with no luck. Anyone know if this is a thing now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by joyblinks(f): 11:42am On May 29, 2022
Please I need contact on how to bring in some food stuffs into the UK. Someone should please help. Just for personal consumption.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NIKEDEEDS(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2022
Please i need £5,000, who is selling
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 1:17pm On May 29, 2022
omopapa:
Words ok the street have it that it’s normal but here’s something that might interest you
Wow, wish I knew this 4 weeks ago..

I am surprised there are no priority services via vfs.

Meanwhile, has anyone been able to get a refund from UKVI for priority service that was not honored?
Reaching them is so difficult, it is frustrating.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2022
mizGene:

Wow, wish I knew this 4 weeks ago..

I am surprised there are no priority services via vfs.

Meanwhile, has anyone been able to get a refund from UKVI for priority service that was not honored?
Reaching them is so difficult, it is frustrating.
I'm surprised at the level of disorganization at UKVI
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:14pm On May 29, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Spanish embassy will bring their biometric machine to your house with less than £500.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:18pm On May 29, 2022
omopapa:

Thank you jare but for us going to London is like kuku making the Schengen trip. Avoid unless absolutely necessary smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Thank you jare but for us going to London is like kuku making the Schengen trip. Avoid unless absolutely necessary smiley

Why not try VFS Edinburgh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adazeal: 4:56pm On May 29, 2022
NIKEDEEDS:
Please i need £5,000, who is selling
Send a DM.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 5:07pm On May 29, 2022
rayralph:

Why not try VFS Edinburgh

That’s the one I’m trying. No available appointments for weeks now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 5:07pm On May 29, 2022
VMuna:

Good morning Mamatukwas,

Happy Sunday.

I wish to discuss sending some items from Nigeria to the UK please.

Have just sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Replied. Good evening
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Wirral: 7:51pm On May 29, 2022
I signed a year contract with my landlord, I have stayed 7months and want to relocate. How do I go about it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ipassu: 8:11pm On May 29, 2022
Please who has pounds for sale? help a brother!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On May 29, 2022
Wirral:
I signed a year contract with my landlord, I have stayed 7months and want to relocate. How do I go about it?

Beg your landlord..........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On May 29, 2022
ipassu:
Please who has pounds for sale? help a brother!!!

How much £.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:33pm On May 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How much £.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 10:01pm On May 29, 2022
I posted my AMEX link here and it was used. Thanks to those that used it. They got 10,000 avios and I got 6,000.

For those that need credit card in the UK, you can use my referral http://amex.co.uk/refer/oLoHUAFKgk?XL=MNMNS

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trex12: 10:42pm On May 29, 2022
Hi guys, I have been following this thread from the first page. I and my family will be coming to Chippenham Wilshire in a couple of weeks. My wife got a health care sponsorship job. The issue is that we have two kids, 6 months and 2years +. We understand that paying for child minder or nursery is very expensive. We plan on telling her employer that I will like to work with them and ask if it will be possible to give me an alternate shift with her always so we can have at least one person taking care of the kids at home.

Is this a good idea?
I am a Process Engineer in the oil and gas sector with about 5years of experience. I have an entry level proficiency in machine learning and data analyst. Any advise on the best option for us?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:57pm On May 29, 2022
Trex12:
Hi guys, I have been following this thread from the first page. I and my family will be coming to Chippenham Wilshire in a couple of weeks. My wife got a health care sponsorship job. The issue is that we have two kids, 6 months and 2years +. We understand that paying for child minder or nursery is very expensive. We plan on telling her employer that I will like to work with them and ask if it will be possible to give me an alternate shift with her always so we can have at least one person taking care of the kids at home.

Is this a good idea?
I am a Process Engineer in the oil and gas sector with about 5years of experience. I have an entry level proficiency in machine learning and data analyst. Any advise on the best option for us?

You wife works in the health sector, she now wants to tell her employer, to employ you too ...........

Una think say, nah Nigeria una dey ........... When you arrive, you seek employment and apply. If her employer got vacancies, you would have to apply too, I doubt her employer, would have any process engineering roles ......... grin

Remap your plans ....... Unfortunately, your wife cannot dictate her shift patterns....... She would have to take, what she is given.......

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:09pm On May 29, 2022
Trex12:

Is this a good idea?
Congratulations on the sponsorship.
To the best of my knowledge, you don't just tell an employer to employ you and dictate shift.

I would think the focus should be getting here and patiently observe your wife's pattern of work, her rotation and off days. Based on this, you will know what kind of jobs to apply, what shifts to run and the number of days in a week to put your children in crèche. You might be lucky to get remote job, on the other hand you might just turn to full time house husband if you don't get a job with a rotation that properly alternates your wife's own. The solution to this last problem is to get a good job of like £2k/month and use like £1800/month for school fees for the two children.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:43am On May 30, 2022
Thank you to those who used my chase referral link, Nagode mo ku ...........

I have reached the maximum referral bonus limit (£400.00)..........

Using my chase link any further, would not give me any more incentives (kindly use other chase links posted).....

Thank you ........ wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blazeens: 12:45am On May 30, 2022
Throwing this out there

I'm looking for a studio/1bedroom flat around birmingham(Erdington/Bromford environs to be precise but can consider other places) if anyone has any links for me, can be shared apartment if someone is looking for a housemate but not with family or couple biko (yes i'm looking on all the websites available to man but not getting anything satisfactory)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:48am On May 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I have attained the maximum referral bonus limit (£400.00)..........

Using my chase link any further, would not give me any more incentives (kindly use other chase links posted).....

Thank you ........ wink

I hereby withdraw from the race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blazeens: 12:48am On May 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Thank you ........ wink

Hey, want to join me at Chase UK? We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=TuCV2b65. T&Cs apply.

Just plugging into this Please use my link next smiley grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by okonja(m): 1:13am On May 30, 2022
Please who has £ for sale, wanna pay school fee deposit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 2:38am On May 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Thank you ........ wink

A closed mouth is a closed destiny cheesy. Come join me at Chase Uk. We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=ENZrhQLu. T&Cs apply.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bujebudanu1(m): 5:19am On May 30, 2022
okonja:
Please who has £ for sale, wanna pay school fee deposit.

How much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 5:44am On May 30, 2022
I am filling a form and I need a guidance. Is tier 2 skilled work visa a settlement visa ? Yes or no
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trex12: 6:42am On May 30, 2022
Viruses:

Congratulations on the sponsorship.
To the best of my knowledge, you don't just tell an employer to employ you and dictate shift.

I would think the focus should be getting here and patiently observe your wife's pattern of work, her rotation and off days. Based on this, you will know what kind of jobs to apply, what shifts to run and the number of days in a week to put your children in crèche. You might be lucky to get remote job, on the other hand you might just turn to full time house husband if you don't get a job with a rotation that properly alternates your wife's own. The solution to this last problem is to get a good job of like £2k/month and use like £1800/month for school fees for the two children.

Thanks for your comment

I would seek a care job with a bank role that may afford flexible work schedule to align with my wife's work schedule.

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.