Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1172270 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 1:54am On Jul 05, 2022
BuildingProject:

You can only withdraw to UK bank using bank transfer if your binance is created in the UK, for withdrawal to visa bank card, it's now 1.8%.

So if your binance wasn't created in the UK, you can't use this function?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 3:46am On Jul 05, 2022
onecoder:

What kind of travel insurance do you currently hold?
Depending on the website you got your travel insurance.
You usually would have your insurance cover Europe travels and the policy is valid for the number of days you wish to stay at your final destination.

I currently don’t have any but not sure if I need to get one for a journey from Lagos-Glasgow via KLM flight transiting through Amsterdam. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tehlu(m): 4:31am On Jul 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2022
rayralph:

It’s usually DBS/PVG + Nig. police character certificate

I don’t have enough info about SIA to speak freely on it.

OK Sir
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Queengolden(f): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2022
Please how much is £ ># rate of recent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wonlasewonimi:

Ti bros yen ba ti fa gbana, isokuso ni won ma n so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sheamus007(m): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2022
So someone need a Nigeria police character certificate and DBS to work in some places In UK right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2022
senny:
Please precisely how many weeks will it take for my visa to be ready when I go for my appointment this week?
Depends on the type of visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2022
Queengolden:
Please how much is £ ># rate of recent

I did 733 yesterday on lemonade

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2022
Sheamus007:
So someone need a Nigeria police character certificate and DBS to work in some places In UK right?
not all places.
Places that will need PCC will be majorly for holders of work visas working with vulnerable people eg medical jobs etc. and this PCC will be among the requirements of work visa applications.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2022
mimilyrics:
It is not. It is dependent on hours worked and how long you have worked.

Hi Mimilyrics, can working 3months + qualify?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by senny(f): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2022
jumpshot:

Depends on the type of visa

It is a work visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by senny(f): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2022
giselle237:
eweleeeee. You even added precisely smiley
This is in the hands of UK immigration.
grin I added precisely because I know it is within 6-12weeks but someone got it pretty earlier than that. That was why I added precisely maybe 6-12weeks is just formality.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SapphireFort(f): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Ameryx:

I have looked for warehouse jobs, not been lucky. Even customer care work, they reject because of my visa status. I am fast losing it, there is so much my brain can take as a woman. Does anyone know how else I can get a job, I stay in Bradford, so anything around Leeds is fine. I can even work in Manchester if the pay is okay. Please help.
One thing I have found helpful is to narrow down your search on Indeed to your location and type in immediate start job ( especially if you require one ASAP) then tailor your CV accordingly. You will definitely find something, at least to start with until something better comes along.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

A lifetime's too long, unless you have lots of property to leave for your heirs which will generate serious death duties or mortgage(s) to pay or ongoing financial commitments that will need settling after you die.

Otherwise, the premiums on life insurance beyond retirement age are way higher usually. Most people take out life insurance so their young children will be provided for in the event of their untimely deaths with a lump sum (which can be used for paying off mortgages), so apart from the reasons above, at 65 the average person with children has generally finished raising them and does not really need life insurance, except of course, where one intends to keep firing on all cylinders and downloading pikins for the community well into old age.
Thank you for this perspective. I'll reconsider since I intend to be mortgage free in the next few years.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

@5gee please can you speak to this? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

This function does not work on my own binance as it's verified with a Nigerian passport. Also, I can't create GBP ads on binance P2P anymore, I spoke to the help centre about this and the response was the same "My account is verified with 9ja passport"

Your best option as suggested would be USDT>NAIRA>GBP BANK...you may loose a lot amount depending on how much you sell usdt to naira and what amount you buy gbp.

USDT>GBP may be the better option.

Best to do the calculations first before proceeding.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2022
senny:

grin I added precisely because I know it is within 6-12weeks but someone got it pretty earlier than that. That was why I added precisely maybe 6-12weeks is just formality.
Work visa is 3 weeks not 6-12 weeks, unless something has changed within the last one month.

However, there are cases where it takes over 3 weeks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2022
@5gee is yout binance verified with uk passport? Or DL?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2022
jimpix11:
@5gee is yout binance verified with uk passport? Or DL?
Yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

@5gee please can you speak to this? Thanks
I assume you should be able to update the KYC or worse case create another account

Update:
Aparently, once verified, you can't change your country. there are other sites you may use like Paxful and Local cryptos but you have to be extra careful and they use ERC 20 which can have high fees. Maybe you can try creating another Binance account or use coinbase (cautiously) as someone suggested. cryptodotcom too is another good one. I found out yesterday that Huobi has p2p to but I am not confident in their dispute resolution process simply because of their reach and home base.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jimpix11: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2022
5gee:

I assume you should be able to update the KYC or worse case create another account

Binance accepts UK passport only now.. I had to trade using other means grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2022
Hahaha .. funny cheesy

wonlasewonimi:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2022
jimpix11:

Binance accepts UK passport only now.. I had to trade using other means grin
Truth is there are several ways to convert crypto if you are careful and adventurous enough. I even have 2 crypto cards that I can use to spend crypto direct from my wallet but I am yet to use any because I am unsure of the conversion rate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2022
jimpix11:

This function does not work on my own binance as it's verified with a Nigerian passport. Also, I can't create GBP ads on binance P2P anymore, I spoke to the help centre about this and the response was the same "My account is verified with 9ja passport"

Your best option as suggested would be USDT>NAIRA>GBP BANK...you may loose a lot amount depending on how much you sell usdt to naira and what amount you buy gbp.

USDT>GBP may be the better option.

Best to do the calculations first before proceeding.

5gee:

Update:
Aparently, once verified, you can't change your country. there are other sites you may use like Paxful and Local cryptos but you have to be extra careful and they use ERC 20 which can have high fees. Maybe you can try creating another Binance account or use coinbase (cautiously) as someone suggested. cryptodotcom too is another good one. I found out yesterday that Huobi has p2p to but I am not confident in their dispute resolution process simply because of their reach and home base.

Wow.

Thanks guys. I'l do more research on this and explore all options stated.

Thanks again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2022
erico2k2:

Like?

Like MI-5. Like Teaching. It was a requirement for the SIA badge. Like Airport Baggage Handler and a lot of current airport vacancies. Like some probation service jobs. Like some Prison Officer jobs. Like Met Police jobs.

Do you want more examples?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Newbie123:

Wow.

Thanks guys. I'l do more research on this and explore all options stated.

Thanks again

My offer still stand o if you wan use am grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Elektra008(f): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
jumpshot:

I think it has started going. I just did 14th for a friend. Why did you go so far as 22nd na

Na the only free time I get from work be dat jare.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Pls where did you get your crypto cards from?

5gee:

Truth is there are several ways to convert crypto if you are careful and adventurous enough. I even have 2 crypto cards that I can use to spend crypto direct from my wallet but I am yet to use any because I am unsure of the conversion rate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please has anyone switched from Student Visa to work visa recently?

My application is now 16 weeks since biometric and UKVI keeps saying they're having technical issues. The MP also got same response.

This is tiring cry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy In the words of the great philosopher Babatunde Ednut; "This page does not support violence". grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eyesaswide: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bourne007:
Awesome!!

If na me o, I will only withdraw once I get alert within that hour lol. Glad to hear you are close to getting alert wink

So which joint we go enter for the night na cool

I don get alert o.

Chai… system wey Dey work good abeg, na so my sweat for just go ….. we move

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.