Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176755 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello my Ogas

How much will it cost to bring one dependent into the UK?

The information on the home gov website is a little one kain

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
hustla:
Hello my Ogas

How much will it cost to bring one dependent into the UK?

The information on the home gov website is a little one kain

How much you get last last...

Just joking don't have answers to your question

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

In 10 years time, someone will make similar comment cheesy

Hmmmmm........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Can someone guide me promptly please

How much are you personally planning to spend in the UK? 500pounds
How much is your sponsor planning to pay towards your visit? 1000pounds

Is this reasonable or can anyone else guide us
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

How much you get last last...

Just joking don't have answers to your question

I get £2 grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
tushqueen:

You are approaching this wrongly.
Get a paper and calculator.
-Check the cost of flights to and fro.
- factor in local transportation costs
- include some little miscellaneous
- add 10% to the total.
- work with the grand Total….

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
tushqueen:

This is from 2019. It looks like the form has changed a bit.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for your help, I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
kode12:
I've got £, I need naira abeg. Mamatukwas don go international e no dey answer people again.

I have naira..you can DM.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:16am On Oct 29, 2021
Yeah kindly ask your questions here bro

Samadhii:
@omopapa

Hello sir,
Around this time last year, I asked some questions concerning if a biochemistry graduate can work as a biomedical scientist in the UK and your responses were really helpful. I just started my masters degree in BMS but I still have few questions concerning top up courses, training portfolio and the best time to request for assessment.
Is it okay to ask my questions here or dm?

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by osbertosa77(m): 2:18am On Oct 29, 2021
Kemifaj:
Good evening my people in the UK.
I contacted someone who advertised an apartment for rent in Facebook and below is the response I got. Please is this genuine or na scam format.

Thank you for your email.
You can rent my flat from tomorrow, for an indefinite period. The price per month is GBP600 bills included (gas, water, electricity, TV, parking and council tax).
Because I'm out of the city with work, I have a solution so you can move in as quickly as possible. I do not have the time to meet any potential tenants, so I choose Airbnb. I use the Airbnb service at the beginning to find a tenant.
So you can visit and rent the flat, I use the www.airbnb.com/trust platform. Airbnb offers an online platform that connects hosts who rent accommodation with guests who wish to rent such accommodation.
The Airbnb company requires payment of the first 2 months + a deposit of GBP600. This is requested at the beginning of the lease and refunded at the end of the contract (if 30 days notice is given). After these first 2 months, you transfer the monthly rent directly to my personal bank account.
You must book the first two months through the website. Once your booking is confirmed, the Airbnb representative will contact you to arrange the appointment and you can move in immediately.
The meeting will take place in the flat and he will give you the keys and sign the contract for the period of your choice (we will conclude a fixed rental agreement under British law from 2 months up to 10 years).
If at that point you are not happy with the property, no contract will be signed and you will be fully refunded the very same day.
All other details about you are welcome. I would like to rent the flat for someone who takes care of it.
I have invested a lot in this flat and I am sure you will love it.

I think that's it for the moment, I hope I did not forget anything.

Sincerely,
Lora Mayar!
pls I need accommodation in Edinburg any1 that can help, I will be very glad

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2021
icon8:

Should you be out and about during your isolation period? Why is your wife isolating and you are not? Not accusing you of anything. I’m just curious, that’s all.

I 've taken the vacinne before leaving Nigeria. I did my lateral flow test immediately I arrived.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Samadhii(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2021
omopapa:
Yeah kindly ask your questions here bro

Thank you for doing this.

1. How many months or weeks do you feel the top-up modules will last for a biochemistry graduate.
2. What is the duration of the IBMS Registration Training Portfolio?
3. They requested for module descriptor showing curriculum and learning outcomes. Perhaps, do you have a sample? They didn't attach the sample to the file from which I screengrabbed the image below.
4. Are band 3 positions (lab assistant) under NHS enough to complete the training portfolio?
5. Are there labs that will agree to train me for like 4 hours per week? (Will these hours be enough to complete the training portfolio considering that I am restricted to only 20 hrs pw and will be engaged in other activities?)
6. Is it advisable I request for degree comparability using ukenic/uknaric or wait till after my masters and do the whole thing together?
Please, if there are tips for me, I will really appreciate
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2021
dubaiprince:

I know the home office at times experience delays in BRP production but if you have been to the post office and it was not there, report it via https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/collection/where then give them about 14 to 20 working days to respond (please report on the link ONCE as your initial reporting gets wiped off and a fresh 20days starts counting if you report again). If you don't get any response after then, please call them. Keep checking the post office as well during this period.
I got this response from them

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Domistic: 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
solalal36:

are u in Oxford? Sent you a PM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Domistic:

The Oxford Street referenced there is in London, not Oxfordshire.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
solalal36:

That's the standard response people get. It takes them more than five days to respond. Give them about 20 working days to respond. Please DONT be tempted to use the reporting tool so the 20 days counts won't start afresh.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
Domistic:
I'm not in Oxford. I can't remember the email I used to open this acct so I can't reply your mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
dubaiprince:

That's the standard response people get. It takes them more than five days to respond. Give them about 20 working days to respond. Please DONT be tempted to use the reporting tool so the 20 days counts won't start afresh.
Thanks. Hopefully, it will take lesser days
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sonicroyel: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2021
Please I need someone to talk to in real time about loving to the UK.
There's money on ground but I'm not really in tune with the process.
If I go on a visitor visa I won't be able to work.
What way do I take to be fully able to work in the UK ?

What sort of visa do u think would be in my interest?.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 8:47am On Oct 30, 2021
Sonicroyel:

you will be appointed prime minister sharply .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2021
It is better to ask direct questions here so your grey areas can be well addressed by several people.

Sonicroyel:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Sonicroyel:

Apply for student visa

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 10:16am On Oct 30, 2021
Layman advise.
With student visa you can work officially for 20hrs per wk. Unofficially you can work as long as you can.
Dont just go into any random course coz you wanna travel, there are good courses that after studying you automatically get extra 1/2 years to stay and work.
There are so many in uni in the UK but i can recommend a few.
Sonicroyel:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2021
1. Depends on the number of modules you have been asked to complete by IBMS but usually maximum you can register and take is 3 modules (60 credits) per semester

2. Registration portfolios are usually contracted for 24months but u can finish and get registered before then even in 6 months

3. Yes I have a sample, DM me I will share with you

4. Yes some labs allow their band 3s to complete the registration portfolio at their free time.

5. Yes, you can volunteer in any IBMS approved training lab, don’t mention to them that u want to do portfolio just say ur doing it for the experience. Gather evidences while u are there, ask questions and ways to get in fully. Usually when they have vacancies they consider their volunteers first or even give them priority during interview.

6. Yes, do the UKNARIC comparability now Cus u wouldn’t need to do that for your masters as it’s a degree earned in the UK.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions and I will be more than happy to answer more if you have

Samadhii:

Thank you for doing this.

1. How many months or weeks do you feel the top-up modules will last for a biochemistry graduate.
2. What is the duration of the IBMS Registration Training Portfolio?
3. They requested for module descriptor showing curriculum and learning outcomes. Perhaps, do you have a sample? They didn't attach the sample to the file from which I screengrabbed the image below.
4. Are band 3 positions (lab assistant) under NHS enough to complete the training portfolio?
5. Are there labs that will agree to train me for like 4 hours per week? (Will these hours be enough to complete the training portfolio considering that I am restricted to only 20 hrs pw and will be engaged in other activities?)
6. Is it advisable I request for degree comparability using ukenic/uknaric or wait till after my masters and do the whole thing together?
Please, if there are tips for me, I will really appreciate
Thank you sir

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Pounds needed urgently hit me up if u have please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adamstom33: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Please what is the best way to find accommodation easily here in Uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Send DM
elisinho:
Pounds needed urgently hit me up if u have please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Samadhii(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
omopapa:
1. Depends on the number of modules you have been asked to complete by IBMS but usually maximum you can register and take is 3 modules (60 credits) per semester

2. Registration portfolios are usually contracted for 24months but u can finish and get registered before then even in 6 months

3. Yes I have a sample, DM me I will share with you

4. Yes some labs allow their band 3s to complete the registration portfolio at their free time.

5. Yes, you can volunteer in any IBMS approved training lab, don’t mention to them that u want to do portfolio just say ur doing it for the experience. Gather evidences while u are there, ask questions and ways to get in fully. Usually when they have vacancies they consider their volunteers first or even give them priority during interview.

6. Yes, do the UKNARIC comparability now Cus u wouldn’t need to do that for your masters as it’s a degree earned in the UK.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions and I will be more than happy to answer more if you have

Thank you. This is really helpful. I have sent sent a mail
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
@omopapa

I work with labmedexpert, I think they are IBMS approved. Can I complete the portfolio with them to get registered?

I completed a portfolio after my histo training, would this be an added advantage?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
I am an alumni of LabMedExper, I knw Mr Kunle very well and he does mention it that the Portfolio is just a training portfolio at LabMedExpert.

The one required by IBMS is more compact and detailed. The one at LabMedExpert does not have any added advantage.
AirBay:
@omopapa

I work with labmedexpert, I think they are IBMS approved. Can I complete the portfolio with them to get registered?

I completed a portfolio after my histo training, would this be an added advantage?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.