Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1175932 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Foxie:
Please house, kindly recommend courier companies that can ship foodstuffs from Nigeria to the UK. Thank you.

They are all over Isolo / Ajao Estate axis in Lagos. Call this folks in Manchester, they ship to anywhere in UK.
07802 730559

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 12:51am On Dec 21, 2022
Hi Guys,

Please are there any other sites to book short stays apart from AirBnB and Booking.com? Will appreciate a plug.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:54am On Dec 21, 2022
ChiefDaddy1:
I must be honest with you comrade, I do not have that capacity to count book anymore

grin So, you’d rather be counting money than counting books?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:59am On Dec 21, 2022
Halleend101:
Good evening my wonderful people.

Please mothers in the house how do you cope with children and work,I arrived UK last week on dependent work visa,I have 3 kids my first child is 8 years, second 5 and the last one will be 3 years on April.please enlightening me on the kind of work I should be looking for that would give me time to come and pick them up from school.

Please advise on how to balance it. Person need to work.

Ah! Na only you waka come ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2022
justwise:

Obviously you are joking

Never say never cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Dec 21, 2022
olafamzy87:
please I have sent you an email. thanks

Send a WA message.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Foxie: 3:52am On Dec 21, 2022
AlphaUno:

They are all over Isolo / Ajao Estate axis in Lagos. Call this folks in Manchester, they ship to anywhere in UK.
07802 730559
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olafamzy87(m): 6:04am On Dec 21, 2022
it's about IPTV subscription. thanks
Lexusgs430:

Send a WA message.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2022
Good Morning.

Please I need sincere advices.

I got a Customer Service job [full time] with Llyods bank, through a recruiting firm though. Net pay is £1,660 and they pay every 2 weeks (£830).

Please is that a good pay? Considering the fact tge we moved in Aug? Or I should rather start care? I was told I can make more if I start care/support job. Or i should just focus on this job?

NB: Wifey is a student and makes like £1,200/Monthly also.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2022
alongetayo:
Good Morning.

I got a Customer Service job [full time] with Llyods bank, through a recruiting firm though. Net pay is £1,660 and they pay every 2 weeks (£830).

Please is that a good pay? Considering the fact tge we moved in Aug? Or I should rather start care? I was told I can make more if I start care/support job. Or i should just focus on this job?

Sounds like £25k gross annual. Somewhat lower than the national average but also around the graduate pay range and very liveable.

It's impossible for anyone to tell you whether it's good enough or not - that depends on your qualifications/experience and your plans. Either way, you should definitely be aiming to find a better job. You can start applying to better jobs with your qualifications, or you can decide to stay a while, get the experience and and aim for something higher in the same customer service field.

As to care - again it depends on you. I've heard that people can make a lot more than that but it depends on if you're willing to do it. If it's something you'd like to do, sure go for it. In fact I'd even say maybe take on a shift or two and then decide if you want to continue. Should not be difficult to get an agency to sign you up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Hi everyone . Kindly advise me on how to go about the brp of my 16 years boy with "NO WORK" . I believe that could be a mistake. I want him to start volunteering job or perhaps paid job during the holidays. Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
It depends on you and your long term career plans but take the bird in hand first while you search for other antelopes

alongetayo:
Good Morning.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
We received voucher from my kid’s school (primary) about £33 to spend on food or shopping. Can this be classified as public fund ? Abi Christmas free gift
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idee91: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
alongetayo:
Good Morning.

My wife also resumed same role with Lloyd’s bank sometime in September, and a good number of those that joined with her left for better roles before the end of their 10 weeks training. She just started NYSC before we left Nigeria, so she practically has no serious experience. The plan is for her to gain some experience before she starts applying to other places. I would say it all depends on what you plan to do in the long run. But if you have immediate financial obligations you feel care jobs can settle quicker, you can go that route as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
rowon:
Hi everyone . Kindly advise me on how to go about the brp of my 16 years boy with "NO WORK" . I believe that could be a mistake. I want him to start volunteering job or perhaps paid job during the holidays. Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Genset: 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Shorty2022:
I am interested in the 20 hrs customer service job.
Please put me through
Thanks

Please I am interested. Can I message you privately? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Genset: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Oh bummer! Sorry about that. It’s no biggie, there are a lot of customer service jobs that offer 20 hours a week and also remote and I did that for months.

Please, I am interested. Can I message you privately? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
idee91:

My wife also resumed same role with Lloyd’s bank sometime in September, and a good number of those that joined with her left for better roles before the end of their 10 weeks training. She just started NYSC before we left Nigeria, so she practically has no serious experience. The plan is for her to gain some experience before she starts applying to other places. I would say it all depends on what you plan to do in the long run. But if you have immediate financial obligations you feel care jobs can settle quicker, you can go that route as well.
Good afternoon Sir, please I want to ask can someone save up to 3,000 pounds in a Month in UK through working as a Caregiver?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
koonbey:

Sounds like £25k gross annual. Somewhat lower than the national average but also around the graduate pay range and very liveable.

It's impossible for anyone to tell you whether it's good enough or not - that depends on your qualifications/experience and your plans. Either way, you should definitely be aiming to find a better job. You can start applying to better jobs with your qualifications, or you can decide to stay a while, get the experience and and aim for something higher in the same customer service field.

As to care - again it depends on you. I've heard that people can make a lot more than that but it depends on if you're willing to do it. If it's something you'd like to do, sure go for it. In fact I'd even say maybe take on a shift or two and then decide if you want to continue. Should not be difficult to get an agency to sign you up.
Good afternoon sir, Please If a Man is working full time as a Caregiver in UK,can he save up to 3000 pounds each months ?and like how much is the hourly pay of a Caregiver?.Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by peacenaija(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
pretty1986:
Good afternoon Sir, please I want to ask can someone save up to 3,000 pounds in a Month in UK through working as a Caregiver?

Lol, How much is care giver salary? how about bills & rents? it is almost impossible but if the person is living rent, transportation & bills free and working other jobs maybe it is possible.. even those earning 5k Per month still find it hard to save that amount
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Not likely
pretty1986:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
Schoolhike:
Hello house, please I need advice about my expiring visa.

My wife had a resit and she just recently passed the module. But the issue is the school is yet to add the score to her transcript which could be used to apply for graduate visa stating that it is subject to the approval of the School Board Of Examiners and External Examiners which will comes up in January.

Our visa is expiring by jan 9 2023.

I got a job in a care home 3 months stating that they will sponsor me before the end of my visa but I was disappointed last week only to the told that the information from the headquarter that people will only be eligible for sponsorship after spending 6 months with the company.

Now we are in a tight situation whereby our visa is only 3 weeks left.

I need advice on what else I can do please.

Thank you all for all your candid comments and contributions.

The University has sent the CAS to apply for graduate visa(psw) few hours ago.

This forum has always been helpful with comments, contribution and advice.

20 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
jum33:
Can anyone recommend a good and affordable data analysis bootcamp that provide the much needed training as well as internship job experience and ready to give the required support till you secure your dream job and also have strong network in the job market
I have been checking some of them online ( 1.Masterschool-should be the best with juicy offer of paying tuition only when you land a job but too expensive @ £11000, 2. Careerera- cheap but bad online review can't afford to waste time and money o ,others :AIcore ,pitmann etc )
Abeg I need recommendation from our fellow naija that must passed through this same process .

Hi, here my is story, when I came in last year, I started applying for as many as data analyst role to to my skills set, not any work experience. I stopped applying when my wife failed one of her courses which makes me look in the way of searching for care jobs that could sponsor visa because it was stated that she might not be eligible cos of the failure, but luckily for us she was given the opportunity to resit for assessment due to child birth that made her failed the course at first attempt.

I enrolled into masterschool and I can tell i am now having lots of confidence compared to when I first came in. They are offering lots of support and most of our tutors in masterschool class session are people working in top IT companies.

I am just less than 2 months in to the program and I am always very hopeful that I will be able to secure job before or after the end of the course.

I actually conducted my research about masterschool by checking in some of their alumni and I was made known by someone that it really worth it.

After all, it is until you secure a job or 25k and above that they can start taking their payment and also, it is 10% of your monthly payment which makes it flexible enough till you complete the full payment of 11k£

NB: You ain’t paying any dime yet even if the your pay is less than 25k£ annually.

I was also made know that the master school interview simulation process is more rigorous that then actual real life interviews which will make it to scale through interview stages.

It’s has really been helpful.

Projects upon projects with guidance from lots of top guys in data analytics, data engineering, data science.

You will be supported till you land your first job even after the completion of the program.

Masterschool is a big company with worth of over a hundred million dollars.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
Schoolhike:

Hi, here my is story, when I came in last year, I started applying for as many as data analyst role to to my skills set, not any work experience. I stopped applying when my wife failed one of her courses which makes me look in the way of searching for care jobs that could sponsor visa because it was stated that she might not be eligible cos of the failure, but luckily for us she was given the opportunity to resit for assessment due to child birth that made her failed the course at first attempt.

I enrolled into masterschool and I can tell i am now having lots of confidence compared to when I first came in. They are offering lots of support and most of our tutors in masterschool class session are people working in top IT companies.

I am just less than 2 months in to the program and I am always very hopeful that I will be able to secure job before or after the end of the course.

I actually conducted my research about masterschool by checking in some of their alumni and I was made known by someone that it really worth it.

After all, it is until you secure a job or 25k and above that they can start taking their payment and also, it is 10% of your monthly payment which makes it flexible enough till you complete the full payment of 11k£

NB: You ain’t paying any dime yet even if the your pay is less than 25k£ annually.

I was also made know that the master school interview simulation process is more rigorous that then actual real life interviews which will make it to scale through interview stages.

It’s has really been helpful.

Projects upon projects with guidance from lots of top guys in data analytics, data engineering, data science.

You will be supported till you land your first job even after the completion of the program.

Masterschool is a big company with worth of over a hundred million dollars.
do you have their website or something
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
idee91:

You're right. So many people left probably because of the terms of work that was changed. Is she in Manchester Picadilly office?
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
koonbey:

Thanks a lot bro.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Solumtoya:
I need to quote this long post I made just to be sure you read it.

If you pay 10% of your balance after the statement was issued and unable to pay the remaining 90% before the 14-23 days after getting statement, is it the remaining amount you will pay interest on or you will not pay interest till next statement is issued?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thank you for the contributions so far.I have evacuated the property and given the key after speaking and resolving all knotty issues about the notice period but I am surprised this people have refused to close my account with them and are now sending collection message to me as per below

Please I need advise on what to do next because I am now lost after explaining all the details to the senior manager and giving him correspondence and he said all is ok I can leave only for another staff to go resurrect the same issue.Elders please advise on next step please sirs/ mas

koonbey:

You must take it away or make arrangements with the landlord for them to keep it, otherwise, they’ll be entitled to deduct from your deposit to dispose of it.

Your options are to 1. Ring them and discuss and agree to leaving it
2. Sell it/give it away on gumtree or FB marketplace
3. Donate it to a charity shop (only if it’s still very new-ish and high quality). Most do come take things out for free.
4. Pay for removers for take it to the tip or to your new place.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Schoolhike:

Thank you all for all your candid comments and contributions.

The University has sent the CAS to apply for graduate visa(psw) few hours ago.

This forum has always been helpful with comments, contribution and advice.

Thank God. Please go ahead and apply.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iyeura(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
rayralph:

Other cities ?

Check local colleges around you.

In Glasgow?

https://www.glasgowclyde.ac.uk/courses/223015-svq-social-services-and-healthcare-level-7/3268

Read through the requirements

Thanks for replying, I'm in Stirling. This is level 7 and is one year, looking for a shorter SVQ level 3
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
Quick one. Are these speaking and explaining recorded. Do you have your record?
You mentioned giving the snr mgr correspondences. Are these readily available and acknowledged.
Just one comment. The messages might be automated msg; which by the way ain't ideal. Someone should have 'click' the close account button but failed to. If they persist beyond end of month, you'll need to take it up. I think Ticha wrote sometimes back about processes.
Pogracious:
Thank you for the contributions so far.I have evacuated the property and given the key after speaking and resolving all knotty issues about the notice period but I am surprised this people have refused to close my account with them and are now sending collection message to me as per below
Please I need advise on what to do next because I am now lost after explaining all the details to the senior manager and giving him correspondence and he said all is ok I can leave only for another staff to go resurrect the same issue.Elders please advise on next step please sirs/ mas
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
HOW?

pretty1986:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.