Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170275 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Davidonkonsults:
Wahala like bicycle. De listen for knock on your door.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133

They would have over a million doors to knock ........ Sakara ologee ni .......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Davidonkonsults: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

They would have over a million doors to knock ........ Sakara ologee ni .......... cheesy
Ahahahaha. They have the time and energy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Plaitex:
Sure you can. I used mine

Which document can someone use to prove unmarried partner
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Joint bills
Joint account statements
Letters from GP/School/Employer/DVSA/HMRC etc. showing that you both live at the same address.
Joint investment documents.
Mortgage or tenancy agreements.
eniola1010:

Which document can someone use to prove unmarried partner

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
grin

Does it make any difference if the IPTV subscribers have TV licence?

Davidonkonsults:
Wahala like bicycle. De listen for knock on your door.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello my people,

I need a serious advice please , I made a mistake and I need help in regards with the issue.

There was a fight in one of the 5 flats opposite mine. It resulted into police action which they came knocking at our door. I was about leaving home for work in the morning and I was asked what I can say in regards to the seen. I informed them I saw an hammer with someone I can't really describe except that the person is bald.

Now the issue is that I got a letter to come forward to the court as a withness to the crime committed by my neighbor. My mind has not been at rest since I got the letter cos of the likely public display of me as a withness.

I am thinking of going to the police station that I'm not comfortable doing this as i felt that I might not be safe living in that area anymore.
Kindly advise on this move.

And anyone with experience in such aspect should please advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mumibaby(f): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
Good Afternoon to you all,

We are family of four( father, mother and two girls), can we stay in a bedroom flat without having issues with council?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Davidonkonsults:

Ahahahaha. They have the time and energy.

Shakara ologee ni ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mumibaby:

Good Afternoon to you all,

We are family of four( father, mother and two girls), can we stay in a bedroom flat without having issues with council?

You mean all of una squeeze inside one room, like Titus ........ grin

Before you have a problem with the Council, you have your landlord's hurdle to jump ......... cheesy

How old are your girls........

You need a 2 bedroom apartment........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Schoolhike:
Hello my people,

I need a serious advice please , I made a mistake and I need help in regards with the issue.

There was a fight in one of the 5 flats opposite mine. It resulted into police action which they came knocking at our door. I was about leaving home for work in the morning and I was asked what I can say in regards to the seen. I informed them I saw an hammer with someone I can't really describe except that the person is bald.

Now the issue is that I got a letter to come forward to the court as a withness to the crime committed by my neighbor. My mind has not been at rest since I got the letter cos of the likely public display of me as a withness.

I am thinking of going to the police station that I'm not comfortable doing this as i felt that I might not be safe living in that area anymore.

Rightly so, testifying against a hammer wielding neighbour....... Might place you in the line of fire ........

You see how your aproko don put you for trouble......... grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2023
Rubyventures:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/police-will-visit-1-000-homes-using-illegal-streams-firesticks-to-watch-the-premier-league/ar-AA16ae35?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0344e9d97f634cdaa844e0abee4134c9

Rather than wasting tax payers money........ They should spend time advising providers, to offer pocket friendly prices.........

A reason exists, why we love our IPTV and shall continually love our IPTV streams ........
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Praents, are you ready for this? https://www.tiktok.com/@globalfunzone/video/7184360909089918213?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7184360909089918213

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
babajeje123:
Praents, are you ready for this? https://www.tiktok.com/@globalfunzone/video/7184360909089918213?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7184360909089918213

Whilst I haven’t accessed the link you posted but judging from your other post, I think I get the gist of it. It’s the reality of the world we live in now. I would be very surprised if they aren’t already teaching them this stuff here. A child in my daughter’s year group is ‘transitioning’, in other news Nicola and co have just passed the gender recognition reform bill in Scotland. May God help us all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Silentthinker(f): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
Santa2:

@silentthinker Use this https://track.immigration.gov.ng/
Input your application No. , reference No. and voila!

Thanks.
The status: passport production is in progress.For how long do I need to wait again?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Silentthinker(f): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=bigtt76 post=119897746]Use this https://track.immigration.gov.ng/ to see if it's been printed sef cheesy

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iyatrustee(f): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Evagreenfields:
Yes I did, stock fish, dried fish, crayfish, spices, egusi, uziza (blended) etc

Thanks so much! I still can't believe this.

Items sent from Abuja on Friday 6th was delivered today cheesy cheesy

Shiping cost was very cheap compared to EMS Nipost that takes 4-6weeks sef shocked shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Cassan(f): 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hi. I need advice please. I got a number of interviews from companies with 10,000 black interns for my placement year but they are not offering more than 8 week.
My placement year is supposed to run for 1 year. What do I do please?

I can't emphasise the bolded enough.

10,000 black interns is an EXCELLENT program and if you get in and perform well, you can be reasonably certain of a permanent role - based on the experience of a few of my friends.

Might not apply to the OP because the last application cycle is closed till around July or so next year but anyone who's looking for an internship or even a route to a permanent role in top firms should definitely apply whenever its open. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
Cassan:
Hi. I need advice please. I got a number of interviews from companies with 10,000 black interns for my placement year but they are not offering more than 8 week.
My placement year is supposed to run for 1 year. What do I do please?

I can't emphasise the bolded enough.

10,000 black interns is an EXCELLENT program and if you get in and perform well, you can be reasonably certain of a permanent role - based on the experience of a few of my friends.

Might not apply to the OP because the last application cycle is closed till around July or so next year but anyone who's looking for an internship or even a route to a permanent role in top firms should definitely apply whenever its open.

10KBI doesn't offer a year placement. It's a standard summer internship. Any further extension or permanent offer is between you and the company after the program. Some secure almost-immediate extension but a friend of mine even had a year interval before the company finalised their permanent offer to her but she's now in a City Investment Bank so it was worth it lol.

Anyway, to your case specifically - I'd say if it's possible based on the requirements of your course, work on securing a placement that starts after your 10kBI internship ends. That's the best way to maximise things, in my view. If the company you do the 10kBI wants to retain you afterward, you can work on switching if that's possible. But even if it's not, make sure to leave a great impression and build contacts at the 10kBI place so you can have a leg in the door when you're applying for a permanent role after your placement.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2023
Crazy bastards
Chreze:

Hahaha, I didn’t want to write this cos I thought maybe other people had different experience. Na crooks trying to take advantage of people. They will upload that they need people in the whole world, from Germany to Glasgow to Manchester.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Schoolhike:
Hello my people,

Next time close mouth and move on....

I think going to the police station is fine to let them know your not comfortable and let's see what they will do.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
ukay2:

Next time close mouth and move on....

I think going to the police station is fine to let them know your not comfortable and let's see what they will do.

It’s too late he has already opened his mouth. If he doesn’t go he will be found guilty of contempt of court ( legal gurus please feel free to correct me). If he goes he could be putting his life and family in danger. So he is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you want to look on the what is the right thing to do. If people don’t come forward how can crimes be solved? If you or your family were involved, you would hope that an eye witness would come forward, in order for justice to be served

He could be subpoenaed or forced to give evidence. It’s like a court order.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
phyl123:

It’s too late he has already opened his mouth. If he doesn’t go he will be found guilty of contempt of court ( legal gurus please feel free to correct me). If he goes he could be putting his life and family in danger. So he is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you want to look on the what is the right thing to do. If people don’t come forward how can crimes be solved? If you or your family were involved, you would hope that an eye witness would come forward, in order for justice to be served

May God protect him and his family and may justice be served....

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
phyl123:

He could be subpoenaed or forced to give evidence. It like a court order.
You cannot force someone to be a witness, I don't think the court can force someone to be a witness either. The person can as well appear in court and say he didn't see or hear anything even if he had earlier said he saw something.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Viruses:

You cannot force someone to be a witness, I don't think the court can force someone to be a witness either. The person can as well appear in court and say he didn't see or hear anything even if he had earlier said he saw something.

I’ve seen it happen. Also lying under oath is a punishable offence.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Chai Wahala no too much like this grin grin grin
phyl123:

I’ve seen it happen. Also lying under oath is a punishable offence.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
Chikadibia21:
This also happened to me in a history class which was supposedly meant to celebrate black history. The teacher kept dwelling on how blacks were slaves to the whites. The students kept staring at me like I was some modern-day slave

This might not be the same experience for everyone though.

It was all intentional. Black history! Meant to reiterate slavery for a whole month every year and make their upcoming generations aware of the world order.

Control the media, set the agenda and control the narratives. This has been their MO front the jump.
But curiously so, now that we know, what are blacks/Africans doing to set a new agenda going forward?

Black Americans feel they are superior to other blacks while Fellow Africans see one and another as competitors - yet they are all victims of the white man’s exploitation.

R & D will always have a prime place in all facets of human endeavour.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Schoolhike:
Hello my people,

You don't have to be a witness if you don't feel safe unless the police are ready to provide protection for you else you will be putting your life in danger.

Call the police and tell them that you don't feel safe going to court to give evidence as a witness as that makes you a target.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruobe1987: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
iyatrustee:

Thanks so much! I still can't believe this.

Items sent from Abuja on Friday 6th was delivered today cheesy cheesy

Shiping cost was very cheap compared to EMS Nipost that takes 4-6weeks sef shocked shocked

kindly help with their Instagram handle
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ahnie: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
nineville:

How come you are so knowledgeable in nearly all aspects, chief? cool
Hello good evening, trust you're doing good,I saw you pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iyatrustee(f): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
Iruobe1987:
kindly help with their Instagram handle

@shiptonaija

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.