Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176426 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2023
bigtt76:
Review your past and present situation... What has changed?

1. Did you miss a direct debit payment?
2. Did you move homes?
3. Did you over utilise your credit limit? 25% or more?

Something must have changed to cause this.

1.No
2.Yes but it is not updated on clearscore as it carries my old address
3.Dont have credit card yet
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by triplo3: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
canadaishome:
Abeg anyone with American express referral link?

Want a relative in the UK to apply to build credit
Here you go:

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uGOCHO8846?CPID=999999554

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2023
Well you might have to dispute the score or review the analysis you got from them to see why. I use Totally Money and they share with you an analysis for your score to guide you on areas to make make amends.

Pogracious:

1.No

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blurpy: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
good evening all, i came into the uk this january for my msc, i would like to apply for schegen visa during break (April),
which embassy would be the best for applying as regards visa approval and ease of appointments?
can i use revolut statement?
must the bank statements be three months considering the fact i am not up to three months here?
Pardon the plenty questions please

Cc; Ralphlauren, justwise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
Thank you.
Pearlyfaze:

Customer service job.
1. Sensee
2. Capita
3. Concentrix are all hiring WFH
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
Pogracious:

1.No
There are various factors that can impact your credit score. You know the basics on direct debit, address change and register to vote so I would say try and get your credit report (at a fee, i think) to know exactly why it dropped.

-140 is a whole lot and it just might be your letting agent who reported you to the credit agencies based on the contract issues you had with them.

I would also advise you to get a credit card, use dutifully and try to rebuild the score at a faster rate. AMEX - https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/dAVIdEzYpk?XL=MNMNS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
Blurpy:
good evening all, i came into the uk this january for my msc, i would like to apply for schegen visa during break (April),
which embassy would be the best for applying as regards visa approval and ease of appointments?
can i use revolut statement?
must the bank statements be three months considering the fact i am not up to three months here?
Pardon the plenty questions please

Cc; Ralphlauren, justwise

Try Portugal,, you are likely to get appointment quicker, Spanish or French embassy will frustrate you

You will need to get travel insurance, letter from your school, hotel booking confirmation and bank statement though i'm not sure if you need 3months or more bank statement

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2023
Hi guys, please I am going for my nigerian passport renewal tomorrow. Are there any tips or guidance anyone would like to share please to make my visit hassle free??

Appointment time is 11am, do i have to wait for this exact time as well?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walexwal: 12:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Lolli2pop:
Hi guys, please I am going for my nigerian passport renewal tomorrow. Are there any tips or guidance anyone would like to share please to make my visit hassle free??

Appointment time is 11am, do i have to wait for this exact time as well?

Disregard your appointment time, go early.
Also, try not to buy your postal order and return envelope at the HC. Buy at any post office.
Go alone as they might not allow any other person to enter with you.
Make sure your NIN details are the same as that of your expired passport. Take a book along to read.

Cheers!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:13am On Jan 24, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Thank you baba. Na who get friends as colleagues dey talk Lol. But I'll ask one of the employers, the one whose offer was changed to a FTC when they saw that my BRP has an end date.

Let me tell you the truth you, you won't last in both. You're better off going with the one with attractive perks.

That was how one guy I know forgot to mute on a Teams call talking away on the 2nd job.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 1:33am On Jan 24, 2023
Walexwal:

Disregard your appointment time, go early.
Also, try not to buy your postal order and return envelope at the HC. Buy at any post office.
Go alone as they might not allow any other person to enter with you.
Make sure your NIN details are the same as that of your expired passport. Take a book along to read.

Cheers!

Ahh eshey gan sirr…please do u know if i need a print out the NIN slip I received or the number should suffice?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kfakile: 3:16am On Jan 24, 2023
Good morning everyone,

Please I need a room or shared Apartment/room in London (Luton, Stratford or any other city)

1:20 minutes to my campus Northumbria university London

Please help a brother, I will be ariving on Thursday
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 4:39am On Jan 24, 2023
Did you open multiple accounts within 3 months?Could be a possible reason.

Pogracious:
Hello Ancestors in the house, pls help me understand.I registered with clearscore last month to check my score and all was well until last week when I got an email that my score had dropped by 140 points without any hard search to get any credit card or loans.

Pls help me understand what dropped the score as 140 is not a small score ooo

TIA
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 7:17am On Jan 24, 2023
Checked and checked, I can't find collaborating sites confirming or official site affirming. However, let everyone take note just in case, so as not to be taken unaware. Ifura logun ọran (oops ... logun agba)
If any has official or credible insider insight/know, kindly update us all.
PS: no speculation pls!
fergie001:

All Travellers Arriving Nigeria Must Provide Evidence Of COVID Vaccination by fergie001: 9:28pm On Jan 23
The Federal Government says all travellers arriving Nigeria must now provide evidence of COVID vaccination.
SOURCE
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by specialenvoy: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2023
How about if the 2nd Job is a contract role inside IR35 and the first job is a Permanent Job, Does it still count as a conflict?

semmyk:
In my view, you've received well articulated feedbacks. Each comes with its reasoning.
Bit of add-on.
For the FTC, you might want to explore with them flexible work arrangement. Perhaps along the line of flexible work hours based on deliverables (technically, this converts you to contracting. Sort of outside IR35). Kindly note FTC doesn't automatically implies contracting.
Legally, @Koonbey already articulated. If you're on Skilled Worker visa, you'll be breaching your visa.
Also, legally, employment are within Labour law, which falls under Civil. Hence, disputes between you and employer will not be in the trial court #criminal
Ethically, you are bound by non-maleficence (no harm) and beneficence (do good). By the way, that is broad!

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2023
https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/cHINWN7Jmu?XL=MNMNS

Plugging in my Amex referral here. If you need a credit card, do sign up
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2023
Let's say the contracting is condition upon clocking, and the clocking is structured on compulsory performance of duty between 9-5 (with no discretion of the contractor), then all points to #conflict.
If however the contractor has self discretionary control over their time-to-work (whether remote or on-site), then the dynamics changes.
specialenvoy:
How about if the 2nd Job is a contract role inside IR35 and the first job is a Permanent Job, Does it still count as a conflict?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jhorjhor: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Lol… Na lie dem dey lie… Just graduated and if I must be honest with you, University of Wolverhampton scored excellent in supporting students and also offering assistance wherever you may need them ( In my humble opinion). Discrimination is everywhere, even the so-called Nigeria, no let that one deter you, everyone is welcoming here. Just know what you are doing, abi na face you come look for UK?…. Their payment plan is very great as well if that’s part of what you are looking for… They can allow you pay in installments until about 2 months to your graduation, their help desk respond to your query within 24 hours. What else are you concerned about?
Hello bro. Please what's the initial deposit fee for Uni of wolverhampton? Can't seem to find it on their site. thanks so much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

It's the same hours, 37.5 hours per week. Thank you my sister.

Almost everybody I know are doing 2/3 contracts simultaneously. I guess it easier as they only accept fully remote roles. Shine your eyes my brother smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2023
Hello.

It's Urgent

I am leaving my apartment and my landlord is refusing to give me the Last year Deposit because moulds grew in the house. The house is quite old and susceptible to moulds. I tried to clean but at a time, the mould overtook everywhere.

The Landlord is arguing that I should have ventilated the house enough. I should open my window so that cold will kill me?

She's arguing I should repaint. I had someone take a quotation and they charged 800£.

Please I need advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by geekseventplace(f): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello friends,

I am looking for an immigrant in UK who is ready to take a job as a full time nanny for my two kids. Accomodation, feeding, utilites, internet, phone bills will be all taken care of. Monthly pay is 400-500£ depending on a few other details.
The lady/woman should be less than 50 yrs and already residing in the UK.
Location is Basildon in Essex.

If interested, send me a message to naijanannysearch@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eyesaswide: 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello everyone, I have come for advice….again

I’m trying to rent a new apartment and part of the requirement is that I fill some forms providing my employer reference, previous landlord references, a guarantor etc etc including allowing the company keysafetv access to my account. Now I don’t have a problem with providing all the details,,,,, but allowing a company have access to my account and that of my guarantor(even though they said it’s “view only” gat all my alarm ringing.

Has anyone gone through this cos I’m already thinking maybe they don’t just want me to have the house. Ps.. I offered to generate the account statements but they refused
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
You should have been airing your house daily. Opening the windows for 30mins per day is ideal. It is not even healthy to be living with mould in the house

Also, there are loads of mould spray out there that kills mould. This would keep mould away for few months. Maybe you should try if the spray will work.

chukusi:
Hello.

It's Urgent

I am leaving my apartment and my landlord is refusing to give me the Last year Deposit because moulds grew in the house. The house is quite old and susceptible to moulds. I tried to clean but at a time, the mould overtook everywhere.

The Landlord is arguing that I should have ventilated the house enough. I should open my window so that cold will kill me?

She's arguing I should repaint. I had someone take a quotation and they charged 800£.

Please I need advice.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chukusi: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
dupyshoo:
You should have been airing your house daily. Opening the windows for 30mins per day is ideal. It is not even healthy to be living with mould in the house

Also, there are loads of mould spray out there that kills mould. This would keep mould away for few months. Maybe you should try if the spray will work.

thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
Very creepy and intrusive!!. Even mortgage lenders accept statements and payslips.

I checked their website and trustpilot and realised that's their normal process but there is an option of manual referencing on their website.
eyesaswide:

I’m trying to rent a new apartment and part of the requirement is that I fill some forms providing my employer reference, previous landlord references, a guarantor etc etc including allowing the company keysafetv access to my account. Now I don’t have a problem with providing all the details,,,,, but allowing a company have access to my account and that of my guarantor(even though they said it’s “view only” gat all my alarm ringing.

Has anyone gone through this cos I’m already thinking maybe they don’t just want me to have the house. Ps.. I offered to generate the account statements but they refused
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
chukusi:
Hello.

She's arguing I should repaint. I had someone take a quotation and they charged 800£.Please I need advice.
was the deposit not put in a scheme? Landlord should not be the one holding it. If it’s in a scheme then go through the scheme to reclaim it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
The landlord can contest the deposit as the deposit will not be handed over to the tenant without the landlord's consent.

If the landlord can prove that the damp is not due to structural issue such as rising and penetrative damp but due to tenant's habit such as drying clothes inside and bathing without opening the window, then he can claim for the repair. It will be tricky for the landlord to do so though.
giselle237:
was the deposit not put in a scheme? Landlord should not be the one holding it. If it’s in a scheme then go through the scheme to reclaim it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
dupyshoo:
The landlord can contest the deposit as the deposit will not be handed over to the tenant without the landlord's consent.If the landlord can prove that the damp is not due to structural issue such as rising and penetrative damp but due to tenant's habit such as drying clothes inside and bathing without opening the window, then he can claim for the repair. It will be tricky for the landlord to do so though.
if landlord contests its still an independent arbitration panel that takes the decision and not the landlord. Landlord can not hold on to the money. Even if it is judged in landlord’s favour, the ‘right’ rate will be deducted not padded rate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
geekseventplace:
Hello friends,

I am looking for an immigrant in UK who is ready to take a job as a full time nanny for my two kids. Accomodation, feeding, utilites, internet, phone bills will be all taken care of. Monthly pay is 300-400£ depending on a few other details.
The lady/woman should be less than 50 yrs and already residing in the UK.
Location is Basildon in Essex.

If interested, send me a message to naijanannysearch@gmail.com

This is below minimum wage and grossly inadequate for a full time nanny position ( notwithstanding accommodation being included in the "package", unless you're looking to take advantage of/exploit a migrant who doesn't have the right to work. You should pay people fairly for the work they do - especially those who care for your children. This isn't Nigeria

23 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
Keysafetv access? That is odd but i found this, might help explain better https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-9354735/amp/Do-share-bank-statements-KeySafe-new-flat.html .
eyesaswide:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2023
Not sure people without right to work will take that amount. This is the amount that was being paid to them 6-10 years ago. It is not even 1 child but 2 children, ahn ahn!!! sad
Zahra29:

This is below minimum wage and grossly inadequate for a full time nanny position ( notwithstanding accommodation being included in the "package", unless you're looking to take advantage of/exploit a migrant who doesn't have the right to work. You should pay people fairly for the work they do - especially those who care for your children. This isn't Nigeria

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.