Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179379 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
AlakeOfEngland:

Yeah, I have a good rate. I sent you a PM.

Hey alake please send me a PM as well, i have pounds and i need a nice rate

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Shorty2022: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
There's one around ilderton road where LIDI is located
babajeje123:

Where? There's none where I live.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Make hin wear white gown + yellow belt or not .....😂🤣

Omo ogun igbala grin

babajeje123:

Where? There's none where I live.

I know one on old Kent Road very close to 805 restaurant

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Hey baba you would regret one in stratford… E15 4LJ. Awesome location as well, not to far from the mall and shopping centre

That C&S church, used to be my stomping ground, many moon's ago .........

Earlham Grove....... What an atmosphere........

Another white garment church dey Elephant & Castle, cannot remember post code .......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
Those people are not living in Lagos sha because since I think 2020, Lagos government have been investing in traffic cameras as at 2022 all major roads have those cameras. Your only saving grace will be never be stopped by VIO or FRSC because you will pay for all this years you have been caught on camera with expired or no documents.
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Thanks for this info. I know like 1001 person wey no get am and will take off if such emergency arises.
To get Drivers licence self na case file for them. Maybe you may start with them bus drivers. Hahahaha
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
People that say Sponsorship is a 45-min process.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
CoS is just like CAS. Do you know how many applicants wey go miss out if it actually takes 18 weeks 😁?

I've gotten CoS within a day or 2. The company even applied for licence ọ and got rejected 2ce so I suspect JJC dey worry them 🙂

Solumtoya:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
Does anyone use a Lexus car here in UK ? Chief Lexus do you use your moniker ?

I need input from a real user please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tolzeal:
Does anyone use a Lexus car here in UK ? Chief Lexus do you use your moniker ?

I need input from a real user please

I loved my Lexusgs430..... But it was time to go ...... That V8, so silky smooth, quiet and responsive.......🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I loved my Lexusgs430..... But it was time to go ...... That V8, so silky smooth, quiet and responsive.......🤣

🤣🤣…
I still have my Lexus in Lagos . Thought I could replicate the same here . I’ve never been a big fan of changing brands if it’s working for me / I just have to .

Do you have any recommendations , please ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tolzeal:

🤣🤣…
I still have my Lexus in Lagos . Thought I could replicate the same here . I’ve never been a big fan of changing brands if it’s working for me / I just have to .

Do you have any recommendations , please ?

You can still drive a Lexus here nah..... Abi owu dey blow ......😜🤣

If òwu dey blow, look at any vehicle between 1.2 - 1.8 engine displacement......🤠

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlakeOfEngland: 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Sent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
Sorted?...if not...hit me up via email.

obofty:
Good evening House, I am currently in Newcastle and I need accommodation for my family and I.

We are looking for a 2 bed, preferably furnished but if not, that's fine too or even just a room tentatively.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
So when MA wants to apply for ihs refund. Will they refund Dependent's own too(even if dependent doesnt work in healthcare)?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lolli2pop: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lexusgs430:

That C&S church, used to be my stomping ground, many moon's ago .........

Earlham Grove....... What an atmosphere........

Another white garment church dey Elephant & Castle, cannot remember post code .......

Ahaha sorry Lexusgs, i don’t think you have a clue of where i am talking about….. maybe theres a mix up somewhere

I have never been to a white garment church or any C&S church .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Ahaha sorry Lexusgs, i don’t think you have a clue of where i am talking about….. maybe theres a mix up somewhere

I have never been to a white garment church or any C&S church .

This was my stomping ground, many moon's ago ......😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Mastercraft360:
Hi,

Good evening all. Please help with a last minute decision.

Been waiting on COS for health care dependent visa for my brother and got a call that a chef dependent visa is available. Please help counsel me.

I’d like to know if it’s still Ok to go with the CHEF dependent visa or insist on the health care dependent visa.

Please help
Meaning your spouse is a chef? Why don't you clarify from your main applicant that you are applying as his/her dependent?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jblesn(f): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2023
I don't know about this. For me, I just waited till I ticked some of the regular boxes (like having bills in my name, registering to vote etc) before applying for my personal AMEX

gergemam:

thanks for this.

I want to know if the corporate one will make applying for personal one process be smooth
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Do you still want?

Also can you say what rate you are looking at?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2023
AlphaUno:

I got ££ and need some Naira, anyone nice rate 94 available?

Do you still want and what rate are you looking at?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chijiuba: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2023
Chijiuba:
Good afternoon gurus in the house, please if I am on a tier2 with my wife and son dependants and my wife has worked as a HCA for more than 6 months can she claim IHS refund for our son and myself, or just only herself? Thanks.

Abeg make una help me answer this question. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ConnectMee: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2023
Take a SIM contract for starters.

Focus99:
If someone don't have all these credit card how then can one build credit score? Where do they expect one to take loan from and build credit score if not from them...give a jjc answer please cos this whole credit thing is confusing I don read thread tire

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2023
Solumtoya:

Don't conflate things. That was about the actual application not the timeline from application to license approval to COS, which is what this person is describing.

Obviously there's a timeline for anything immigration-related to be approved and that's publicly available for anyone to read and factor into their plans.

This person's issues don't disprove those timelines. just as someone with an exceptionally long wait time for visa does not negate the standard timescales.

Those standard procedures are what people trying to convince their employers need to emphasise, not these edge cases - that was the whole point of the '45 minutes' explanations.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2023
AlakeOfEngland:

Yeah, I have a good rate. I sent you a PM.

Oh! Thanks I already got one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2023
Viruses:

Do you still want and what rate are you looking at?

Thanks, fastman already slid in the DM 👍
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2023
koonbey:

Don't conflate things. That was about the actual application not the timeline from application to license approval to COS, which is what this person is describing.

Obviously there's a timeline for anything immigration-related to be approved and that's publicly available for anyone to read and factor into their plans.

This person's issues don't disprove those timelines. just as someone with an exceptionally long wait time for visa does not negate the standard timescales.

Those standard procedures are what people trying to convince their employers need to emphasise, not these edge cases - that was the whole point of the '45 minutes' explanations.

Even the normal process is not 45 minutes. We were discussing what Companies go through that make many of them avoid Sponsorship where possible. It's never a 45-minute process. Let's appreciate Companies that do it to sponsor Talents. The process of getting a license, COS and Visa is not a "simple 45-minute process that Companies are just being lazy about", it has good chances of getting more complicated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Focus99: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2023
Lol I wouldn't oh not until I get information about you and know you are capable of paying back

Lexusgs430:

You did not respond to my £2500 loan request.........🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
Focus99:
Lol I wouldn't oh not until I get information about you and know you are capable of paying back

That's the same way credit check bureau functions, inturn enabling lender's making informed decisions......😜

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.