Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1174894 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

lol..i think we are all used to people coming here to exaggerate one or two stories just to win an argument.

The next person may claim to have invited his ex-wife without applying for visa

Miracles no go ever tire Jesus.........😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Dara2Dami:
Please my people I need help, just started work and will only be paid next week. I am cashless for work tomorrow. Can any loan 20 pounds please? Promise to pay on Friday once I am paid. Thank you so much. Happy Easter

Send me a WhatsApp message.......

14 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dara2Dami(f): 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lexusgs430:

What is your number please 🙏, just sent you a message now.

Send me a WhatsApp message.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frisky008(m): 6:15am On Apr 10, 2023
Please is there anyone coming to Naija from UK this month? Or if you know of anyone? I would need your help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by racerve(m): 6:49am On Apr 10, 2023
Can anyone please advise on the cheapest way to ship a 55" TV to Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lordfiido(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2023
Dara2Dami:
Please my people I need help, just started work and will only be paid next week. I am cashless for work tomorrow. Can any loan 20 pounds please? Promise to pay on Friday once I am paid. Thank you so much. Happy Easter
Kindly Send a pm if you haven't gotten any help

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Opiso101: 8:37am On Apr 10, 2023
Thank you

nineville:

Try https://www.globaledulink.co.uk/

You will have access to the training portal for 12 months

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2023
racerve:
Can anyone please advise on the cheapest way to ship a 55" TV to Nigeria?

Would you also like it delivered, with a cracked screen......🤣😜😂

Just sell it on eBay/gumtree or give it away ........😁

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 9:15am On Apr 10, 2023
Happy Easter elders, pls who knows how "independent contractor" works. My wife got a job "Accelerate delivery program" with NHS but she was told she will be an independent contractor. Pls what does this mean and how does it affect tax and NI payment?
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2023
Hello Chreze,
Just out of curiosity. You said there are ‘not-so-expensive’ tests to check the genotype of the foetus in-utero. Brilliant!

This check is done post fertilisation and conception, yes?

What would have happened in your own case if the results showed SS? The pregnancy will be terminated. Yes? No?
Let’s assume yes. What happens if the second pregnancy is SS too? Repeat termination? And the 3rd and the fourth etc until an AA or AS comes along?
You machine the emotional trauma, and the cost.

Chreze:

Bolded is very true, I can’t deny that. Have an in law who has 4kids and the last is the SS. Very expensive to manage.

The AA part is to also mention that an AS and AS can get married and give birth to an AA. Most of us know it’s possible but we don’t always hear about it. There is this general believe that when AS couple, it will always result in an SS.

There are resources that are not all that expensive, like having the sample test before baby development. We can’t keep making it look like it’s not possible.

There are no definitive percentage of the total number of AA in Africa and Asia (since these cases are common in those region). So what happens to the likes of us that are AS, we won’t get married if we don’t get an AA partner?

We have to live beyond these fear and work with researches to live a happier life. Ask yourself why I don’t want to go above my 1child or why I don’t really have issues adopting a child if I can’t have one? Life has to go on.

Just a friendly question, at what point of dating do we ask the genotype and blood group question? @Lexusgs430 please help with this question too. And anyone that has an answer.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ahjay: 10:38am On Apr 10, 2023
Anyone recently used below address for the PDL application? Please share experience. Thanks
Amarathripple0:

I followed the instructions below and got my Provisional License in 7 days. I only sent my BRP. My Provisional license was delivered first and the next day my BRP came back as well.

1. Disregard or discard or shred the pre-addressed envelope sent with your form

2. Address your post to

FAO Lee Jones
Head of Vehicle input services
DVLA
Longview Rd
Swansea
SA6 7JL

3. Watch your BRP and PDL come back swiftly

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OKOCHA1(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2023
Solumtoya:
If you're below 40, sha open a LISA with at least £1. In 13 months, a couple can get free £6k from the UK Govt for their house deposit, it's the biggest awoof

Is this advisable for individuals still on Tier 4 Visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2023
Yes
OKOCHA1:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Miracles no go ever tire Jesus.........😂

What God cannot do does not exists wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

No worry....... Den no go send SMS messages, to all your contacts..........😭🤣😂

Eyan palmpay 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2023
BorisJohnson:
Hello Chreze,
Just out of curiosity. You said there are ‘not-so-expensive’ tests to check the genotype of the foetus in-utero. Brilliant!

This check is done post fertilisation and conception, yes?

What would have happened in your own case if the results showed SS? The pregnancy will be terminated. Yes? No?
Let’s assume yes. What happens if the second pregnancy is SS too? Repeat termination? And the 3rd and the fourth etc until an AA or AS comes along?
You imagine the emotional trauma, and the cost

And things happens the opposite way in times of depression/desperation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

And things happens the opposite way in times of depression/desperation.

It's not only a combination of depression/desperation......

I can add many other negative connotations, but would/might be labelled insensitive.........😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's not only a combination of depression/desperation......

I can add many other negative connotations, but would/might be labelled insensitive.........😜🤣

Let us say the truth and facts as they are!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:

Let us say the truth and facts as they are!!!!

You too like vawulence.......😁😂

My positive outcome, might be another's nightmare......😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You too like vawulence.......😁😂

No nah... shebi people dey talk about abortion like say na drinking a cup of tea. You willingly get into a set-up that will demand murdering fetuses a couple of times because you want to be selfish.

Make them dey play nah

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:

No nah... shebi people dey talk about abortion like say na drinking a cup of tea. You willingly get into a set-up that will demand murdering fetuses a couple of times because you want to be selfish.

Make them dey play nah

This is what happens, when you love with your heart, not your brain........

The heart is indeed, a very stupid place.......😜😁

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

This is what happens, when you love with your heart, not your brain........

The heart is indeed, a very stupid place.......😜😁

The way that love moving them will open the window and fly away eeeh. Reality makes the heart receive sense very fast.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:

The way that love moving them will open the window and fly away eeeh. Reality makes the heart receive sense very fast.

It's usually the man, that runs away ....... Leaving the woman, carrying the baby........😭

He would say, '' I was not aware of the stress involved''.....😂

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's usually the man, that runs away ....... Leaving the woman, carrying the baby........😭

He would say, '' I was not aware of the stress involved''.....😂

Spot analysis because all these differentials dey get K leg.

It is well!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
OKOCHA1:

Yes, but I won't advise you put in money till you have a more stable visa and are sure of your permanence here, intention to buy a home or retire here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Akorkor:
My people, please advice on the best kids savings account with good interest for child saving. I don’t want ISA o. @Lexusgs430 , madam ticha and all financial experts in the house

Why don't you want ISA

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
igbsam:
For those not understanding what ISA and LISA means as i was in a group and most people are a bit confused what this is about. Just want to simplify it here. Elders in the house can also input further explanation.

ISA and LISA are two types of savings accounts that allow individuals in the UK to save money with tax benefits. Here's a simple explanation of how they work:

ISA (Individual Savings Account): An ISA is a savings account that allows individuals to save money without paying any income tax or capital gains tax on the interest earned. There are different types of ISAs, including cash ISAs and stocks and shares ISAs, and individuals can save up to a certain limit each year.

LISA (Lifetime ISA): A LISA is a type of ISA that allows individuals aged 18-39 to save up to £4,000 per year and receive a government bonus of 25% on their savings, up to a maximum of £1,000 per year. The money saved in a LISA can be used to purchase a first home worth up to £450,000 or can be withdrawn tax-free after age 60 for retirement.

Both ISAs and LISAs are a great way to save money and earn tax-free returns, but it's important to understand the terms and conditions before opening one.

Well put. For LISA, while you can only open the account between 18 and 39, you can contribute up to £4k till you're 50.

You can save up to £20k cumulative in all ISAs per year.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
oluwaleokey:

Thank you
Well explained
Now, I can flow with the ISA-LISA thing flying around grin

But can this kinda savings account be used as proof of fund? I mean, if one wants to invite mother inlaw for omuguo? Or is it restricted for only mortgage blah blah

Yes, I used my ISA as POF.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:
Please how much is POF required to invite Parent or Sibling to the UK as a resident?

Good afternoon and Happy Easter everyone!

May our prayers ascend fast because our saviour is risen!!!

There's no stipulated amount. Just show wuthin reason that your current savings and future income can sustain the sponsorship of the visitor.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Budget at least £2,000 and submit payslips and bank statement to support your source of income.

Yeah, that's a fair amount depending on how long the person is staying. Assume flight is like £1k and another £50 daily to host the person so 1 month stay is like £2,500 ish

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:

Oh thanks man.

Does the Parent need to be financially buoyant?

NO, but the parent's account statement is needed so ensure the inflow and outflow correspond and makes sense to their financial situation.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Hence, it's about the approach and a holistic view ......

This is it. Just let your application make sense. It's not about balance but about proof that you can sustain the visitor. Having a fictitious balance that doesn't correspond to your income/expenditure will still get the application bounced

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.