Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179389 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Ensure you get the timings of your ticket right.......

KLM got this weird habit of marketing tickets with weird times........

KLM is a bit confusing with regards to transit visa requirement with Nigerian passport. I got a KLM ticket from the uk to Nigeria, seeked opinion here with regards to transit visa was told I do not need it. Also called KLM and was told same thing. However the day of the trip, the person at the counter said I needed to a transit visa, I had to ask for her supervisor even he had to call schipol before I was allowed on the flight. On the return trip back to uk at LOS i had to how my ticket from the uk to be allowed on board. Some guy was not allowed on the flight because he didnt have a transit visa( dont know how it was resolved eventually). My point is, the wahala of verification can be plenty, know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hello Good people,

How does one get a fit to fly certificate after having to shift a flight due to testing positive for corrobucci? since it is said that one who tests positive will likely return a positive test weeks after the first one and not advised to do another one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
codedarrow:
I will like to ask if it is very possible to apply US visit visa from within UK if you are a Nigerian living in the UK on A STUDENT/DEPENDANT VISA ?

Yes. Provided you meet all there requirements
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Santa2:

KLM is a bit confusing with regards to transit visa requirement with Nigerian passport. I got a KLM ticket from the uk to Nigeria, seeked opinion here with regards to transit visa was told I do not need it. Also called KLM and was told same thing. However the day of the trip, the person at the counter said I needed to a transit visa, I had to ask for her supervisor even he had to call schipol before I was allowed on the flight. On the return trip back to uk at LOS i had to how my ticket from the uk to be allowed on board. Some guy was not allowed on the flight because he didnt have a transit visa( dont know how it was resolved eventually). My point is, the wahala of verification can be plenty, know this and know peace.

If you are not exiting the airport, no transit is happening, you're only connecting flights............

Knowing your rights, is importanter.......... You did not have a transit visa, yet you boarded....... That supervisor request, was your masterkey...... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If you are not exiting the airport, no transit is happening, you're only connecting flights............

He literally just explained his experience and how klm is confusing and you still type this?oga oo

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
gistbite:

He literally just explained his experience and how klm is confusing and you still type this?oga oo

So what exactly is your point?

He still boarded without a transit visa ...........

It's people like you that allow people trample upon you ............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

So what exactly is your point?

He still boarded without a transit visa ...........

It's people like you that allow people trample upon you ............

Eyah pele sogbo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Hello Good people,

How does one get a fit to fly certificate after having to shift a flight due to testing positive for corrobucci? since it is said that one who tests positive will likely return a positive test weeks after the first one and not advised to do another one.
You can call the NHS covid helpline and speak to them. If I get the correct number I’ll post it here for you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Knowing your rights, is importanter.......... You did not have a transit visa, yet you boarded....... That supervisor request, was your masterkey...... tongue
This transit visa wahalla made me cancel my flight with Lufthansa from LHR to PHC.
I decided to fly BA and get peace of mind…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
gistbite:

Eyah pele sogbo

Motigbo....... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by happydavies(f): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2021
Please share your experience, have you returned
DisGuy:

No, you don't
When travelling out of Nigeria, you don't need the Nigerian travel portal. did you do your test when you arrived in Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Hello House, please I would like to know if its possible to take the first dose of covid 19 vaccine in Nigeria and take the second dose in the UK? Will I need the vaccination card from Nigeria as a proof? What if the card is missing will I have to take the vaccine all over again? I lost my covid19 vaccination card and I was told by the phc here in Lagos that I should provide police report and affidavit. I was also told that its NOT GUARANTEED that I would be issued another card because of the barcode. I just want to know if I can come and continue with the vaccination when I arrive in the UK.
P.S the date of my vaccination is today and I discovered it was missing yesterday.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the long post.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Atyadz: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2021
Good morning, please i need to send things to Nigeria. Do you help with that? @mamatukwas
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good afternoon Ancestors on this street.
Thank you for all the advice you share here freely.
Please I want to know if it's possible to get into Primary school in Scotland by April. I checked the school calendar and saw, January, April and August.

We are planning to join my wife by December so our children can start school in January, I am also thinking of shifting entry to February but my confusion is if it will be possible for my children to start school by April or will have to wait till August.
Thank you as I await your response cum advise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mystikal(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
Please � and please, what is the implication of coming to the UK (Scotland) with paper pound notes. That's what I'm getting for PTA. Please!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yusaaj: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
fatima04:
You people are not playing with this new part at all and now made me catch up after several days of reading through more than 40 pages. I will not dissappear and miss hot gist again oo.

Welcome back @Aphrodite007, we missed ya and glad you are doing great.

Thanks for your message on celebrating Little wins, saw it at a good time and we really do get overwhelmed amongst everything else.

I also thought @dustydee was a woman oo �� , maybe it's Shim sha

Missed the argument from our Mr Alaba intl importer exporter of drugs, some very funny responses that made my day.

Always a pleasure reading through @Ticha post omo, semi-retire at 50. We don bookmark the post and hopefully save enough to venture into it.

I want to add Engineering to the list of lucrative courses people can focus on asides IT and medics. It is a really lucrative industry, with loads of opportunities,although the salary return may not be as high as some IT roles. Lets also encourage our kids, nieces, nephew etc to study Engineering related courses, I am forever grateful to the person that pushed me to Quantity surveying.

There are lots of Engineeringcompanies offering apprenticeship roles with starting salary of 22k with benefit (for 2/3days at work) and still pay their Tuition. Basically, they are not saddled with student loans and still have good savings once done. I have seen 2 black kids in my coy blow up this opportunity on youthful exuberance.

Oga beryour i dey watch you oo, seems you wan port away from Engineering with all this tech analysis and abandon me, issokay oo

Reading through all the posts and seeing iboboyswag situation get resolved pages later was quite motivating and should be a lesson to people creating groups outside NL on whatsapp, seun really did strike gold, make he just increase some of its functionality.

Glad it all worked out @iboboyswag I can imagine the dilemma you and the family went through, the fear of UKVI ehn.

@akorkor having issues with that email and glad you asked your question on here and got better suggestions and help that I may not have been able to offer privately.

Endofmyjottings grin grin
Thank you for this information, sister I'll be glad if you can talk more about Quantity surveying and job prospect as a Quantity surveyor in UK. I got admission to Uk university for Msc Quantity surveying which I deferred to sept next year...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pearlyfaze:
Good afternoon Ancestors on this street.
Thank you for all the advice you share here freely.
Please I want to know if it's possible to get into Primary school in Scotland by April. I checked the school calendar and saw, January, April and August.

We are planning to join my wife by December so our children can start school in January, I am also thinking of shifting entry to February but my confusion is if it will be possible for my children to start school by April or will have to wait till August.
Thank you as I await your response cum advise.

Your children can start school even if the term has already started.
Subject to when you get a house and they get a school placement.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
mystikal:
Please � and please, what is the implication of coming to the UK (Scotland) with paper pound notes. That's what I'm getting for PTA. Please!!!

? ? ? ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mystikal(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

? ? ? ?

Got the answer I needed on another thread. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
mystikal:

Do you mind sharing the implication of travelling with your PTA in paper pounds note? grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
mystikal:

You should be good till September next year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bliss955(m): 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
fatima04:
You people are not playing with this new part at all and now made me catch up after several days of reading through more than 40 pages. I will not dissappear and miss hot gist again oo.

Welcome back @Aphrodite007, we missed ya and glad you are doing great.

Thanks for your message on celebrating Little wins, saw it at a good time and we really do get overwhelmed amongst everything else.

I also thought @dustydee was a woman oo �� , maybe it's Shim sha

Missed the argument from our Mr Alaba intl importer exporter of drugs, some very funny responses that made my day.

Always a pleasure reading through @Ticha post omo, semi-retire at 50. We don bookmark the post and hopefully save enough to venture into it.

I want to add Engineering to the list of lucrative courses people can focus on asides IT and medics. It is a really lucrative industry, with loads of opportunities,although the salary return may not be as high as some IT roles. Lets also encourage our kids, nieces, nephew etc to study Engineering related courses, I am forever grateful to the person that pushed me to Quantity surveying.

There are lots of Engineeringcompanies offering apprenticeship roles with starting salary of 22k with benefit (for 2/3days at work) and still pay their Tuition. Basically, they are not saddled with student loans and still have good savings once done. I have seen 2 black kids in my coy blow up this opportunity on youthful exuberance.

Oga beryour i dey watch you oo, seems you wan port away from Engineering with all this tech analysis and abandon me, issokay oo

Reading through all the posts and seeing iboboyswag situation get resolved pages later was quite motivating and should be a lesson to people creating groups outside NL on whatsapp, seun really did strike gold, make he just increase some of its functionality.

Glad it all worked out @iboboyswag I can imagine the dilemma you and the family went through, the fear of UKVI ehn.

@akorkor having issues with that email and glad you asked your question on here and got better suggestions and help that I may not have been able to offer privately.

Endofmyjottings grin grin
This is nice. I am also a young QS seeking for better opportunities, would love to get in contact with you ma.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Your children can start school even if the term has already started.
Subject to when you get a house and they get a school placement.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Babygal4eva(f): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Gloriouscrown:
Hello House, please I would like to know if its possible to take the first dose of covid 19 vaccine in Nigeria and take the second dose in the UK? Will I need the vaccination card from Nigeria as a proof? What if the card is missing will I have to take the vaccine all over again? I lost my covid19 vaccination card and I was told by the phc here in Lagos that I should provide police report and affidavit. I was also told that its NOT GUARANTEED that I would be issued another card because of the barcode. I just want to know if I can come and continue with the vaccination when I arrive in the UK.
P.S the date of my vaccination is today and I discovered it was missing yesterday.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the long post.

I've lost my vaccination card once so far and my health center did another one for me in the spot(they were reluctant and wanted to reject doing another one but I pleaded with them. Everything is stored in their DB so it's just a matter of reissuing it. What's the point of a barcode then if it can't be reissued that's just silly. Grease some palms and you'll get it reissued. I've even lost the new one a second time and will laslas still go and ask for another one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 2:00am On Nov 26, 2021
mystikal:

Did you get PTA without a return ticket? I heard people travelling with tier 2 and tier 4 visas might not be eligible ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 4:31am On Nov 26, 2021
Simran94:

Ooh, I didn't see it in the other one.

Since we are on this topic, what's the best place to start in terms of professional certifications for Cyber security? The ones that will make one look good and well positioned to get work sponsorship
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 4:52am On Nov 26, 2021
If you haven’t yet, Buy your railcard at 50% discount this Black Friday. I just got mine from Trainline for £15

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:24am On Nov 26, 2021
canadaishome:

Since we are on this topic, what's the best place to start in terms of professional certifications for Cyber security? The ones that will make one look good and well positioned to get work sponsorship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgBQV7jDTsE

Found this lady on YouTube
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 6:22am On Nov 26, 2021
Hi gurus,

Please I need career advice/ guidance.

I have scrum master certification, six Sigma green belt and 3 years experience as a bank branch manager back in Nigeria.

Based on my need for work visa sponsorship
1. Apart from project management what other job roles do you think I should go for?
2. What more can I do to improve my chances?
3. Anything else you’d like to add…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2021
canadaishome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgBQV7jDTsE

Found this lady on YouTube
One of my tutors vehemently kicked against CompTIA security. He claims the content is too elementary for masters' student and that it's designed with college students in mind. Can that be true?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 26, 2021
canadaishome:

If you are already into IT, I think you should start from CompTIA Security+ certification but if you are switching newly into It, you should do compTIA A+.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 26, 2021
babajeje123:

One of my tutors vehemently kicked against CompTIA security. He claims the content is too elementary for masters' student and that it's designed with college students in mind. Can that be true?
You need to have a CompTIA Security+ certification to get a job even as an entry level security personnel I think. Because all the security jobs on the UK I have come across requires a security+ certification

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.