Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know (11159 Views)

Danfo Buses Start Accepting Bus Fares Via Cowry Cards (Video) / Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos) / Man Who Just Got Sacked, Cut Into Two By BRT Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by Yinksy09(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2021
Paying for your transport is now easy with the Lagos state Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Cowry card. I have used both the card and mobile app to make payments for my rides for different routes in Lagos state and this article will explain everything you need to know about Lagos state Cowry card, how to purchase, using the mobile app, and what happens if your card gets stolen.

Where Commuters can buy the Lagos State Travel Card

Cowry card is available for purchase form any bus terminal agent across Lagos state. You can get your cowry card at anytime BRT bus terminal from as low as 200 naira for the paper card and 400 naira for the plastic card. For registration of your card, name and phone number will be required. After that you are issued a new card and any amount can be topped up instantly.

How to fund your Cowry Card and Cowry Online Wallet

Cowry card is the physical card while the cowry online wallet is the virtual card found on the mobile app.

Funding your Card

- To fund your card, meet any top up agent at any of the bus terminals or corridors.
- You can use the self-service validators at the bus terminal to find your card and make transfer from your online wallet to your physical card

Funding your Online Wallet from Cowry App

- Download the Cowry app from Google play store and register it with the same mobile number used while registering for the physical card.
- Login to the app and click on Top-up wallet icon, copy the account details and make the deposit
Or just dial *Bankcode*000*827+CustomerID+Amount# e.g using first bank to top up 1,000 naira; dial *894*000*827+08090809080+1000#

Note: Customer ID is the phone number used to register or your Cowry card or app.

How to use the BRT Cowry Card

- Wait for the the next bus to your destination and make sure you have enough balance for the trip
- Tap your card on the self service machine following the direction as seen on the card
- The fare of the trip is deducted and a green colour notification displayed on the screen is accompanied with a voice prompt
- Your balance is also shown on the screen after fare deduction
-You have now paid and can proceed to enjoy your ride

How to use the Cowry App

- Register with your phone number then username, password and 4 digit pin
- Login to your mobile app and scan the QR barcode as seen by the entrance window of the bus
- If you are unable to scan then input the bus code as seen into the app manually
- Generate QR and go to the self service terminal to scan and approve trip payment
- You will get a green colour notification and voice prompt to show that you have paid successfully and can proceed to board the bus.

How to use the self service Validator at Bus Terminal

- Visit a self service terminal
- Click on church balance and tap, it shows you your card balance
- Click on transfer
- Enter the last four digits of your phone number
- Tap your cowry card on the terminal and wait for a notification to confirm
- Click on confirm

For a complete review of the lagos state travel cowry card, benefits, limitations, and frequently asked questions, please visit the source of this article: https://yinksmedia.com/lagos-state-brt-bus-cowry-card-and-mobile-app-everything-you-need-to-know/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by Cyphar(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2021
Lagos is working and it is truly a mega city.

Eko oni baje o

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by TheManPregnant: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2021
It's wack
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by dawnomike(m): 8:45am On Aug 26, 2021
Nice review... it is really a good initiative and i can only hope it is sustained.
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by kinibigdeal(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Yinksy09:
Paying for your transport is now easy with the Lagos state Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Cowry card. I have used both the card and mobile app to make payments for my rides for different routes in Lagos state and this article will explain everything you need to know about Lagos state Cowry card, how to purchase, using the mobile app, and what happens if your card gets stolen.

Where Commuters can buy the Lagos State Travel Card

Cowry card is available for purchase form any bus terminal agent across Lagos state. You can get your cowry card at anytime BRT bus terminal from as low as 200 naira for the paper card and 400 naira for the plastic card. For registration of your card, name and phone number will be required. After that you are issued a new card and any amount can be topped up instantly.

How to fund your Cowry Card and Cowry Online Wallet

Cowry card is the physical card while the cowry online wallet is the virtual card found on the mobile app.

Funding your Card

- To fund your card, meet any top up agent at any of the bus terminals or corridors.
- You can use the self-service validators at the bus terminal to find your card and make transfer from your online wallet to your physical card

Funding your Online Wallet from Cowry App

- Download the Cowry app from Google play store and register it with the same mobile number used while registering for the physical card.
- Login to the app and click on Top-up wallet icon, copy the account details and make the deposit
Or just dial *Bankcode*000*827+CustomerID+Amount# e.g using first bank to top up 1,000 naira; dial *894*000*827+08090809080+1000#

Note: Customer ID is the phone number used to register or your Cowry card or app.

How to use the BRT Cowry Card

- Wait for the the next bus to your destination and make sure you have enough balance for the trip
- Tap your card on the self service machine following the direction as seen on the card
- The fare of the trip is deducted and a green colour notification displayed on the screen is accompanied with a voice prompt
- Your balance is also shown on the screen after fare deduction
-You have now paid and can proceed to enjoy your ride

How to use the Cowry App

- Register with your phone number then username, password and 4 digit pin
- Login to your mobile app and scan the QR barcode as seen by the entrance window of the bus
- If you are unable to scan then input the bus code as seen into the app manually
- Generate QR and go to the self service terminal to scan and approve trip payment
- You will get a green colour notification and voice prompt to show that you have paid successfully and can proceed to board the bus.

How to use the self service Validator at Bus Terminal

- Visit a self service terminal
- Click on church balance and tap, it shows you your card balance
- Click on transfer
- Enter the last four digits of your phone number
- Tap your cowry card on the terminal and wait for a notification to confirm
- Click on confirm

For a complete review of the lagos state travel cowry card, benefits, limitations, and frequently asked questions, please visit the source of this article: https://yinksmedia.com/lagos-state-brt-bus-cowry-card-and-mobile-app-everything-you-need-to-know/

The app is a waste of time. The bus attendance wont even allow you to scan, they keep telling you to go and load your card and scan in the normal way. I have tried using the app severally and the bus driver wont allow you the patience to carry put the scan because of the queue
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by Yinksy09(m): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2021
kinibigdeal:

The app is a waste of time. The bus attendance wont even allow you to scan, they keep telling you to go and load your card and scan in the normal way. I have tried using the app severally and the bus driver wont allow you the patience to carry put the scan because of the queue

Yeah I understand what you are saying because I also had issues. Which is why if you check the website you would see it as part of the limitations or problems faced and why they should improve on it.
I was also rushed to scan and it didn’t work so I used the manual process and put the code before going to the self validator machine to scan.
I still have about 900 naira on my app and might transfer it to the card when I get to oshodi bus terminal because I can’t keep facing that issue.

The only advantage of the app is Incase you card is stolen or misplaced. The money on the app remains no matter how much but if it is the physical and it is stolen then someone else can use it without even real time notification about the fraudulent activities.

Hopefully they improve on the app. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by arthurwillia(m): 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2021
I have a question, can I stand in any bus stop and enter brt from there to my destination? For instance can I stand in palmgrove bus stop and then enter a brt bus going to obalende, will they wait?
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by dannie007(m): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2021
They will wait just wave and flash them yoir Cowry Card, Once the drivers sites you he will stop and carry you

arthurwillia:
I have a question, can I stand in any bus stop and enter brt from there to my destination? For instance can I stand in palmgrove bus stop and then enter a brt bus going to obalende, will they wait?
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by arthurwillia(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2021
dannie007:
They will wait just wave and flash them yoir Cowry Card, Once the drivers sites you he will stop and carry you

Ok thank you for your reply
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by ironheart(m): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2022
It is a good initiative but in the long run, after the governor is gone. No one will keep it running
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by brighttech95(m): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
Yinksy09:

Yeah I understand what you are saying because I also had issues. Which is why if you check the website you would see it as part of the limitations or problems faced and why they should improve on it.
I was also rushed to scan and it didn’t work so I used the manual process and put the code before going to the self validator machine to scan.
I still have about 900 naira on my app and might transfer it to the card when I get to oshodi bus terminal because I can’t keep facing that issue.

The only advantage of the app is Incase you card is stolen or misplaced. The money on the app remains no matter how much but if it is the physical and it is stolen then someone else can use it without even real time notification about the fraudulent activities.

Hopefully they improve on the app. Thanks

How do you transfer from wallet to card using the app?
Re: Lagos State BRT Bus Cowry Card And Mobile App: Everything You Need To Know by rosalieene(f): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
brighttech95:

How do you transfer from wallet to card using the app?
Have you gotten an answer?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi’s Press Crew Rescues Accident Victims / Your Experience On Klm To London / Two Valid Passports - What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.