Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,410 members, 7,839,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? (7553 Views)

it's Not Too Late For Val Gifts. Order Now! / Five Things You Should Do If You're Late For A Job Interview In Nigeria / A Job Interview@ LASACO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by scarra: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
I have a beautiful Espirit Sport Mathias Black Chronograph Leather Wristwatch for sale.
Price- 45k Firm
Escrow is allowed preferably Wese90

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Lanesra(f): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Some responses though�
Thank you guys so much, I feel a lot more confident. I know I will be favoured.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Idamond: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
anom
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by micflo28(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
As an HR expert. If you exceeded the 15 minutes lateness threshold, you will only need a superlative performance at the interview and your soberness for being late to scale the interview. Just hopefully you apologised firstly before attending to the questions thrown at you. Good luck in advance all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes, impossibly late. Still got the job, thank God.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Onyi22(f): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes I have
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by sammieguze(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don't get late for interviews.

Funny thing is, the only interview I ever got late to is where I presently work.

A very pleasant place to work.

Just know that what is yours would be yours so long as you put in your efforts. I wish you the best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Rrchrd(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dear don't be scare am late for job interviews severally, some will said come by 10am but begin the interview @12am
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by cabilla(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
After so many years I finally got a job thank you Jesus

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by BigDawsNet: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
cheesy I remember I got a message to prepare for a zoom interview for a job then ...

Went straight to my junk box...dint even know

On the interview day...I wasn't online (never knew a message came in)
The HR called me and was like Mr Dawson...the board is waiting for you to connect!....I was like what board...who are you mehn...

He explained himself and company bla bla bla...I remember straight up I applied for the job...

He said you wanna take the test now or some other time ....I knew the "some other tym is now or never"

I said yes! Let's do it...

Was driving actually... parked at a restaurant
Then I checked the mail
Got the Zoom ID ..

And I started my test without preparation...

I remembered the CEO said "I'm really surprised you smashed it!!! Can you come by the office tommorow and we run a background check before you sign your appointment letter!!!!

So dear...be positive

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by adedayourt(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes

and that was one of the best interview chats I have had.

It rained so heavily and I didn't get shade to hide, I was so soaked on getting to the office, the consultants had to give me another 30mins to sit and dry up a bit.

Something I have also learnt is getting late for an interview is not a crime. if you would as a matter of curtesy send in a message/mail which I always do when I am in such situation.

'''' Dear . . . .
I am currently on my way around . . . but it appears I might be coming in late as I am currently held up in traffic.

My sincere apologies

Regards, '''

You have some coverage when this kinda message goes ahead of you,

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by adedayourt(m): 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:
I had an interview this morning but the traffic was crazy. I got to the interview 30 minutes late, and now I’m a bit scared.
If you’ve ever been late for a job interview, what were the consequences? Did you still get the job?

Depends on your disposition and how you handled it. arriving late is not a crime or an automatic disqualification but how you played along with the scenario.

Did you inform the HR before time you were running late
Did you apologies (not beg) for running behind schedule.

With a bit of professional curtesy, you be good.

All the best
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Egein(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
In 2012, I was 1 hour late and drenched by heavy rain for my interview with Bechtel Corporation. The HR Manager, Leah, led me to a warm office, turned off the AC and offered me hot coffee.

I got the job.

I'm forever grateful to the workplace culture at Bechtel Corporation. It shaped me in positive ways.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by GboyegaD(m): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
Unfortunately, I have been on this table for the most of my interviews in the past. Just be yourself, apologize and explain the situation.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Lanesra(f): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
adedayourt:

Depends on your disposition and how you handled it. arriving late is not a crime or an automatic disqualification but how you played along with the scenario.

Did you inform the HR before time you were running late
Did you apologies (not beg) for running behind schedule.

With a bit of professional curtesy, you be good.

All the best

I did. Also sent a mail when I realized it would impossible to get there on time.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by kpolli(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:
I had an interview this morning but the traffic was crazy. I got to the interview 30 minutes late, and now I’m a bit scared.
If you’ve ever been late for a job interview, what were the consequences? Did you still get the job?

Yes I've and currently work there.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by arthurwillia(m): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
micflo28:
As an HR expert. If you exceeded the 15 minutes lateness threshold, you will only need a superlative performance at the interview and your soberness for being late to scale the interview. Just hopefully you apologised firstly before attending to the questions thrown at you. Good luck in advance all the same.
comot body joo
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by faithfull18(f): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes, didn't meet up with the day I was scheduled for. I got the job.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by adedayourt(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:

I did. Also sent a mail when I realized it would impossible to get there on time.

With that I think you should be good, all the best!
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don't go for interview grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by taneez(f): 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:

Calm down. I know someone who got to an interview one hour late and still got the job. If you are really good at what you do and the company is okay (HR ) then you can still get the job. You were kuku interviewed.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes like two times and those are the once I always got employed
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Gfskw: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yeah
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Fidelismaria: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:

Hello!

How did it go?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by rastaLivity: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
scarra:
I have a beautiful Espirit Sport Mathias Black Chronograph Leather Wristwatch for sale. Call/WhatsApp - 08095736262
Price- 45k Firm
Escrow is allowed preferably Wese90
brand new or used?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Mannymanny: 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
aieromon:
Yes.

July 2010.

In order to meet up, I had to take a bike from CMS to Victoria Island inside heavy rain. I was 10 minutes late and spent another 20 minutes in the rest room to freshen up.

It was a shower of blessing as I nailed the interview and got the job at the end of the day.
Oga Solo wink
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by wajaja: 7:21am On Aug 28, 2021
Lanesra:

I missed my interview date. I couldn't go because I dnt have a particular doc they asked for. I was called and asked why I wasn't present for the interview and I explained the reason why. I was scheduled for the other day with the other batch. I was interviewed and still got the Job.. and it of the multinational coys in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by scarra: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
rastaLivity:
brand new or used?
Brand New

(1) (2) (Reply)

DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships In Germany For Developing Countries / Parkway Project Recruitment Test Invite / Help! I Need Directions To Obakinjobi Str, GRA ikeja For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.