Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

If Everyone Obeyed God's Ten Commandments, Would The World Be A Better Place ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Everyone Obeyed God's Ten Commandments, Would The World Be A Better Place ? (1069 Views)

How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? / Is The Injeel Of Eesa Corrupted Or Must Be Obeyed / If Adam Hadnt Sinned Would The World Be As Advanced As It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: If Everyone Obeyed God's Ten Commandments, Would The World Be A Better Place ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:08am On Aug 29, 2021
awitness41:

If you choose to call yourself a teacher, that's on you (Acts 1:8 uses the word "witness", not teacher).
Jesus said not to use that term to describe ourselves (because we have one Teacher, the Christ)... so I'll listen to Him.
I'm not saying Brethren can't preach something to someone else, but they shouldn't think too highly of themselves.
In the midst of God's people i am a teacher but i'll never carry such a title everywhere i go like when people see me in the neighbourhood those who know me do so by my name not with religious titles {Matthew 23:8-10} that's the practical application of what Jesus is saying but in reality i'm a teacher because people around should learn from my words and actions! 1Timothy 4:16 smiley

Now, if you don't want to use the word "Brother" but only "neighbor", so be it. It won't offend me.
I said "I'm not a teacher, Max. At most I'm a Brother, and that's it."
All I meant is that "Brother" is the only "religious title" anyone should have (as opposed to "teacher" )... according to Jesus Himself.
You are my neighbour since you and i don't share the same beliefs {Luke 10:29-37} but in the midst of JWs they are are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-50

You said above, "...because God never gave people laws before the time of Moses."
Not true.
See the post above which said:
In fact, God declared to Isaac, saying about his father Abraham, "...because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws."
That was in Genesis 26:5 (NKJV).
Abraham was well before Moses.
Also, God said to Cain (Genesis 4:7, NKJV): "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."
How could Cain know what sin was without a Law ?
Was there transgression in Eden even before that ?
Yes. By Adam and Eve.
You can't have transgression without a Law being transgressed (Romans 4:15).
Also, before man was ever made, Angels were made.
Did Angels sin ?
Yes, Satan coveted God's position in the Universe; that's why Satan (and his) was kicked out of Heaven.
Satan broke God's Law.
None of these things are refutable... if one is using the Bible for their doctrine.
I already told you the one and only law written in their hearts before then, it's the golden rule 'whatever you want people to do to you, do so to them' {Matthew 7:12} that's the golden rule all those people live with not the ones written after them. So when God said they kept his status it simply means they lived by their God's given conscience even though there was no written code! Romans 2:15 smiley

See also the other post above... regarding God and Jesus making the Angels and giving them a free-will choice (as God and Jesus give to all Their beings).
The Law exists as soon as free-will beings can make moral choices -- either to do right or wrong, or good versus evil.
All intelligent beings be it man or angels have conscience but it must be trained otherwise we can loose the values, that's why Jesus said nobody is good except God because Jesus kept learning from his father how to distinguish between right and wrong! John 8:28

Finally... one last thing for you to consider (please):
The Fourth Commandment says that even "cattle" are to be rested on the Sabbath.
Are cattle (i.e. beasts of burden) Jewish ?
No. So the Sabbath doesn't apply only to Israelites... it applies to all God's beings.
Those laws were to be kept only by those within the boarders of Israel that's why God drove away people from all those territories so that the Israelites could live with those laws. Once you're no more within the territory of Israel those laws becomes what you must select otherwise you'll have serious issues with people who have nothing to do with those laws!

Ok, Max, I have to go now. You can have the last word if you want...
Until next time, stay humble.
I have given you my own answer regarding the question you asked, and we've rubbed minds over our differences, it's humility that makes you to subject yourself in the midst of your fellow believers to the rules guiding your faith, just as i humbly subject myself in the midst of my brothers in faith! smiley
Re: If Everyone Obeyed God's Ten Commandments, Would The World Be A Better Place ? by orunto27: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2021
The Answer is YES.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insurance Of TB Joshua Ministries ~ 12 Things You Should Know [VIDEO] / BEST PRANK REACTION THROWING WATER BALLOONS BY REPORTERS / Israel-Palestine Conflict: Where Do You Stand As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.