Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,797 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? (17231 Views)

Is This Why Modern Christian Can't Do Miracles As Apostle Paul And Peter Did? / Miracles As Of Old / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Babitee1(f): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
If you follow this prayer platform. You will see miracles as of the old.Healing and deliverance by just praying at home and attending the prayers live �

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by chloride6: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
Cos YouTube will call your your BS

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Ub8956(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
musicwriter:

Good question.

The answer is because science (cameras, thermometers, endoscopy, mobile phones, experiment, etc) can now show what you called miracle in ancient time wasn't a miracle but a scam or magic or natural. That's why the "miracles" in the bible and koran keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

Four thousand (4,000) years ago the bible god could divide the sea and let people pass.

Two thousand (2,000) years ago he could make someone walk on water and raise the dead after three days.

One thousand nine hundred (1,900) years ago he could make prisoners in chain disappear from prison.

One thousand hundred (1,100) years ago he could give you a certificate of approval to go to heaven after you die.

These days, all he could do is make you rich and heal headache. In future even this would no longer be tenable. And this is why a scientist Laurence Clause has said that "over time religions would die on their own." That's very true.

It may take time but religions would just die and disappear on their own as people get more smarter and rational.
I wanted to pass this,but let me answer you. Who invented those tech you're listing? It came on its own? What tech does Is to enable work easy and fast,not because it's more knowledgeable or advance than humans. As far as science is concern,and nature is involved,till tomorrow,no tech will ever replace humans. We Humans invented them and we think more advanced than them. So bring 4000,2000,1900 theory written by humans to experiment in todays world simply is out of point. Men wrote it because they witness it not scam or magic. What tech simply do now is to spread the information and science research how true it's in just a matter of seconds,not to deny the fact that those things never happen or existed., otherwise we won't have 7wonders of the world. And same myopic people like you will say Mary,or other ladies in olden days never had period(menstruate), it's in our generation ladies see their period and you start to wonder what they use in place of pad then. Wake up. Miracle happens even now!
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by JaskanFactor: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Special32:
everyone have a right to believe in whatever they want if miracles are real fine if they are not also fine but my one problem in the whole thing is once you don't buy someone's idea of things wahala don start be dat oo it either you are an atheist or the other way round you are not knowledgeable enough to think

We are not above such discussion leading to argument, as none can be completely above arrogance, just like everybody shit stinks.
So it might be helpfully to thread carefully in such discussion and trying to focus on what is positive in other peoples views.
Cause of you look for the negative, you will find it, so long as we are talking about people.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by macjireh: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:
Why are we not seeing Miracles as of Old?
visit gospel pillars church Ikeja Lagos,, miracles are happening herr
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Khayil(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin 98% of the population of the world are atheists, they are just a group of people who have divided themselves between those who have agreed that they Hate God and those who are yet to agree. grin

But they are one and the same to me, All Haters of God, whether educated or not, rich or poor, old or young. grin

Idioms and Proverbs have always been cryptic and you obviously were not schooled in them!

Damn, education has gone through the floor!

You obviously lack education, if you ever had any.

How do you say that 98% of the world are atheists?
They should literally be littered everywhere... Just as Christians are...

Atheists don't hate God, how can they hate what they don't believe exists?

If you were educated, you would have dumped that book of garbage in the refuse dump where it belongs. In this age of easier access to information, you are saying education has gone through the floor? Damn...
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Originalsly: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Because there is no difference between now and then. Just imagine all act and magic been performed by many pastors are compile for a people to read years to come

"Acts and magic" then were not done on stage ... who were sick and healed were widely known ... who was raised from the dead was known to be dead .... who spoke in tongues were understood by those listening. Now ... acts and magic are done on stage ... who are sick and miraculously healed are always unknown..... who are known to be dead are never the ones to be raised .... always an unknown..... who speak in tongues are never understood by anyone including the ones speaking .....and you're saying no difference between then and now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dayotheeone(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because they have been banned from showing their magic on TV
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because the church is snoring. When we wake, there will be a revival and miracles will follow, like the old days.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Khayil(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
elijahkayode:

I feel like I have to share cause Ur knowledge has omitted shaitan from the trouble & chaos in earth

No more miracle because guess darkness has taken hold
God said darkness comes everytime man sleep and please guys we have to remember that the darkness God separated in the beginning is still what we call night today
so yes shift your mind

I believe Night is the source of all evil on earth today

He thought to ascend unto God throne and he thought he could ascend above the heights of the clouds and make himself above the Most High and he was thrown down like an abominated branch to deep pit as profane

2) am glad most of Us Guys are starting to witness to the despair, sorrow, fear, violence & evil chaos going on earth as woeshaitan step up his all out rebellion against God will and his evilwar against
God Throne & the Prosperity Of God Kingdom
so yes pity mankind cause the evil fighting God is here on Earth and it's determined to destroy man until resurrection day

note: if you want to confirm night just try and pray through the night for three days that's if u can (12-7am)
even ur flesh will start fight everything u think u know about urself

If God Is The Uncreated Creator
How Can The Devil, The Created Aspire To Be The Uncreated Creator?

And He Still Carried Out His Coup, Eveen Though He Knew That God Is All Knowing.

The Way Of The World Has Always Been Strife, War And Death, It Is Not Because Of Any Imaginary Nonsense... It Simply Because Of Separatism.

[Now, You Blame The Devil For The Evil And You Omit That It Was The God Who Shared And Separated Humans At The Threatening Sight Of The Tower Of Babel.]
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Testimony1988(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Am still seeing miracles happening.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by iramure(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
Miracles in the days of old were possible because they happened when no one alive today was there, so it was possible to just write anything down for your learning. But in reality can those incredible miracles happen?
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by WoundedLamb: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Men, you guys do not get good education. The standard has terribly dropped. That explains why you guys become atheist.

My response is based on the idioms "fair weather friends"; "A friend for food" and other friend idioms!.

Sir, despite all your education, you still don't know how to communicate with people. It wouldn't have taken anything away from you to explain your statement without insulting the guy. Decorum, please.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Fantazy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
Activities trigger miracles!

Therefore, such activities as of the past is no more taking place now.

That's why
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Originalsly:

"Acts and magic" then were not done on stage ... who were sick and healed were widely known ... who was raised from the dead was known to be dead .... who spoke in tongues were understood by those listening. Now ... acts and magic are done on stage ... who are sick and miraculously healed are always unknown..... who are known to be dead are never the ones to be raised .... always an unknown..... who speak in tongues are never understood by anyone including the ones speaking .....and you're saying no difference between then and now?
If you are talking about today? Then tell me why those miracle don't happen to people known with birth defect like crippled and similar things which no one can deny, but it is common with the ones they can easily manipulate.

If you are talking of the old, then why is it not recorded outside the scripture or rather why are there no external history documenting such act. Also you forget that the event were not recorded as they were happening it was written years later
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by enthronedbyGod1: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's because we're not willing to do what those of old did to be able to be used by God to that degree.

We want anointing but not their suffering.

That said, greater works are surely coming as it was of old, but with greater works come greater condemnation if you don't repent.

So ensure that you don't waste it when you see it.

God bless.

Very true

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by hibeebeeking: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
thesicilian:
Miracles still happen everyday
. You are right. It just that the world is vast.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Ceufinish: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
[color=#990000][/color]
At DIVINE TOUCH FOR TOTAL FREEDOM, which is happening live at Enugu. Miracles are happening. Join us 5pm from today till Tuesday. Join via YouTube, Facebook or Twitter. Just search for pastor kumuyi or for the name of the crusade.

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Blitzerz: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
10mobile:

OK, you who have ventured (supposedly), what miracles are you seeing? The stories of the gospels tell us that Jesus "ventured" and returned from his adventure to prove what he preached. According to the Bible, Jesus did so "that they may believe" and so that "the Father may be glorified in the Son" (John 14:13). You see, I'm a Christian too. But, instead of explaining away the challenge in this honest question, let us face it. Jesus is THE TRUTH as we preach. So, let's not allow lies to pretend to serve the Truth.
There are testimonies everyday,
Except you don't go to church.
I don't know why you are talking like this.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Ojady(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

Because most if not all, when the miracle is in incubation stage (conceived in the spirit/intangible/heavenly realm) do not/ cannot keep their mouth shut, rather they go on to help God, or allow 3rd parties who had no business in the matter to interpret it or a simplr failure to hear the full instructions/conditions required before giving testimony/updating status/instagram post etc....) This is why majority suffer miscarriages before the miracles are birthed physically.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by neyoohhh: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Here's what Chris langan thinks of God, known for his out of range iq at over 200 points.

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by weirdo44: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Because there's nothing like miracle in the first place, they lied to you
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by seunayantokun(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
As a Christian, I have enjoyed lots and lots of miracles, and I can never never thank my Lord Jesus Christ enough for them. To Him be the glory for ever and ever!

Also, I'd love to note that God has not stopped giving miracles to all He desires them for - miracles are children's bread, so said the Lord.

However, a lot of what we call miracles in Nigeria are human and satanic deceptions - pure and simple. They have no root in the Word of God.

I also acknowledge the fact that miraculous acts of God are largely scarce today because the Gospel has been to a great extent commoditised; lack of the knowledge of the Word of God prevails; the fellowship is no longer a community of brethren; God's people are now property of powerful overlords; many leaders fall below the watermark of His knowledge; many leaders resent challenges of truth and curse when they are shown points of duty rather than bless - do I have to say here that in many quarters of the kingdom, the Ark of God's Covenant has been ignorantly placed on new carts drawn by oxen rather than being laid on the shoulders of His humble priests; many members of the kingdom are averse to obedience; etc etc, etc. The list is inexhaustible, it really makes God unhappy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Ruggman: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
Blakjewelry:
Because there is no difference between now and then. Just imagine all act and magic been performed by many pastors are compile for a people to read years to come

Miracles are real, whatever you read in the bible is true. Don't allow the manipulation of the devil to confuse you what is happening now in the world also happened in those days as there were occultic agents doing everything to confuse people and discourage from serving the true God
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Mosopzy23: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
I believe and I know true miracle still exists.
Thing is many people are not receptive to miracle again these days due to the prevalence of staged miracles. But believe me, miracles still exist.

Dm me if you wanna earn 200k or more through affiliate marketing and a targeted audience.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by judedwriter(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

Lack of faith.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Sir, despite all your education, you still don't know how to communicate with people. It wouldn't have taken anything away from you to explain your statement without insulting the guy. Decorum, please.

Respectfully, I did not insult the guy, it is rather because I was shocked and
could not believe what I have heard, that he did not know idioms.

Idioms began to be taught from about Primary 4 and 5 up till jss3 (FIRST AID IN ENGLISH Textbook is still in my library) so how can anyone not know idioms?

If a person does not know idioms clearly there are many many things such a person will not know.

Which is clearly evident in many of the arguments I have had with people here which always showed a serious absence of basic Knowledge taught even in primary schools.

So, I am too shocked to learn how basic education has actually decayed beyond what I have seen.

Which is why you children are deceived by the lying Satanists hiding under what they call atheism.

So no, I insulted no one, I was just soliloquizing my thoughts.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Seikiri1: 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Come to Christ Mercyland And Deliverance Ministry in Warri and see for yourself how God is using Senior Prophet Jeremiah to perform miracles.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by obowunmi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Omooba77:

Too many fake pastors only interested in money.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by trumpcoat(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
Miracle is real at faith and international ministry or check Adetuberu ministries in Facebook or the vine tv on strong or free to air satellite see God in action.
Don't forget to call us for your house and office painting
We produce and paint
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Khayil:

How do you say that 98% of the world are atheists?

The Law is "if you love me keep my commandments"

Do people keep God's Commandments? No

Do people truly want to keep it? No, they are even happy to deceive themselves by saying Christ abolished the Commandments whereas Christ expressly and directly said "Keep my Commandments".

So look around and see if you shall find any who truly loves God.

Khayil:

They should literally be littered everywhere... Just as Christians are...

Many are not Christians, for they do not follow Christ at all, so how can they be Christians?

Khayil:

Atheists don't hate God, how can they hate what they don't believe exists?

Lies! No one can speak ill or be very aggressive and hate full about a person who does not exist.

All self called atheists have a personal grievance and vendetta against God WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN and Truth Rules.

So, no, the True name of atheism is Anti-God and not "I don't know if there is God"

Khayil:

If you were educated, you would have dumped that book of garbage in the refuse dump where it belongs
. In this age of easier access to information, you are saying education has gone through the floor? Damn...

grin See, proof of hatred, anger and vendetta when Truth Rules? grin

It is always impossible to hate a thing that does not exist. exactly as you said "Atheists don't hate Godhow can they hate what they don't believe exists?" grin

Yet, from the beginning of your post you insulted me, at the end your hatred and anger for the Bible pours out.

Hatred, Insults and Love always follows things that exist and not on things that do not exist, as you said! grin
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by CXLVII: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
They do exist but Christianity or Islam cannot show you.

Dive into the world of what they told you is demonic, and see endless miracles.

A world where people can make or break. Where people can make go and stop, or even terminate existence without physical warfare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Baby: Leaked Audio Of Co-conspirator Exonerates Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.