Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son (57263 Views)

Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive / Baby Monkey Clinging To Dead Mother In Lion's Mouth (Graphic Photos) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Holiness2100: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
LION ATTACK: California mom fights off a MOUNTAIN LION with her bare hands after she saw it dragging her five-year-old son across front lawn - before the big cat was shot and killed by a wildlife officer

A California mother fought off a mountain lion with her bare hands after it attacked her five-year-old son and dragged him across the front lawn.

The 65-pound mountain lion came across the boy outside his home in Calabasas, in Los Angeles County, on Thursday and 'dragged him about 45 yards,' said Capt. Patrick Foy, a spokesman for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The boy's mother had heard the commotion from inside and rushed to his aid, 'punching and striking the mountain lion with her bare hands' until it let go of her son and fled, Foy said. A wildlife officer later shot and killed the lion.

'The true hero of this story is his mom because she absolutely saved her son's life.'

The parents immediately drove the boy to a nearby hospital. He suffered from traumatic injuries to his head and upper torso, but was reported to be in stable condition.

The authorities were then notified of the attack and went looking for the mountain lion.

An officer discovered the lion still nearby the home, couching in the bushes with its 'ears back and hissing,' officials said.

'Due to its behavior and proximity to the attack, the warden believed it was likely the attacking lion and to protect public safety shot and killed it on site,' the wildlife department said in a statement Saturday.

Two other mountain lions were spotted in the area and were tranquilized. DNA evidence found that they had not attacked the boy, nor had they had violent histories.

The tests confirmed that the lion who was shot and killed was the one who attacked the boy.

The other two lions were released back into the Santa Monica Mountains, where nearly 100 mountain lions are monitored using GPS radio-collars.

The lion that attacked the boy was found to have no such collar on it.

The attack was the first of its kind since 1995, according to the CDFW.

What to do if you come across a mountain lion?

• Stay calm and hold your ground or back away slowly
• Face the lion and stand upright
• Do not approach the lion and do not run from a lion
• Never crouch down of bend over in front of a mountain lion
• If it approaches you, do all you can to appear intimidating
• Wave your arms or yell in a loud voice
• If it continues to approach, begin throwing things at it
• Aim at its head to scare the animal away
If it attacks you, fight back
• Use whatever you can to help fight against the lion and do all you can to remain standing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9936751/amp/California-mom-fights-Mountain-lion-dragged-5-year-old-boy-shot-killed.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by BabbanBura(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2021

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by ipobarethieves: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
cool sweet mother.Braveheart

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by SUCKCESSFUL: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
Sometimes all you need to do is show resistance.

Would have been a different story if the woman became fearful or tried to bolt.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Righteousness2(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
It takes a Bold and Courageous Mother to do that.

To fight a Lion either Physically or Spiritually you need to Bold and Courageous.

There are so many human like lions that wanna swallow people. That is why there is Need for us to Have the LION of lions, the LION of Judah in us.

Once you Have HIM in you, you Operate in Power and Courage Physically and Spiritually . JESUS Christ IS the LION of Judah.

217 Likes 23 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Machinegun91(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Fear woman especially females

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by ClitRaider: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
If na Aisha..

She go tear race go fetch the vegetable dongoyaro cow.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's incredibly interesting what the flight or fight mode does to the human body. The adrenaline rush pumping through the veins on top of maternal instinct is amazing. Way to go, momma.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by OkuFaba(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
It takes a Bold and Courageous Morger to do that.

To fight a Lion either Physically or Spiritually you need to Bold and Courageous.

There are so many human like lions that wanna swallow people. That is why there is Need for us to Have the LION of lions, the LION of Judah in us.

Once you Have HIM in you, you Operate in Power Physically and Spirit. JESUS Christ IS the LION of Judah.
why why why?
You relate everything to religion. I tire for ur matter ni

You need serious help
That Jesus you preach, na you need am pass

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by MrBONE2(m): 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Once you Have HIM in you, you Operate in Power Physically and Spirit. JESUS Christ IS the LION of Judah.

Just blow the hell out of Lion with Clouds of Smoke weed to chase it away cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by iamyemiakins(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
Bravery at its peak. shocked

The future is female grin

If Saphiere see rat, I sure say she go pick race

9 Likes

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by davekata: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
shocked
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Mautonmentos(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Courageous mom indeed
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Sonnobax15(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
cheesy
See bravery....

But Righteousness2, Chebi when Daniel was thrown into the lion's den,he was busy crying for help from above? But in this case of the woman,she fought back until she finally conquered....Abi you wor try tell me say this woman no dey serve God too or well...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by IamPlato(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021

Sweet one...

A parent's major purpose for their child is to protect the child even with their own life, no parents want their child to suffer while they live...

If you love entertainment please subscribe to my YouTube channel

We don't fail to keep promises like Nigerian government... Please subscribe, link below in my signature

2 Likes

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Crossroad1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
There is this adrenaline rush that comes with panicking.
I was 14yrs old when I fly through a very high fence without using my hands.
I later learnt it was a pitbull that pursued me, I almost died..
My dad later bought me a big bicycle when he saw where I fly through.
I was told to try and fly through it again, I couldn't even climb it...

I doff my hat for that woman

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by hakym619(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
smiley

Virginprincess
Onyi22
Thefutureisfemale
Sapphire

See your fellow female.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by driand(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by samwillyco1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Slay Queen, not Oloshes in this part of the country
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

I just knew it

Anywhere you find holiness , righteousness must be somewhere around

1 Like

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by mightyhaze: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
This no be Eurasian lynx?
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
This shouldn't be a news na.
Women are known for bravery.
iamyemiakins:
Bravery at its peak. shocked

The future is female grin
If Saphiere see rat, I sure say she go pick race
The FUTURE is FEMALE

1 Like

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Bluebolt: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Thank God, the holy rapture is not taking place again?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by realstars: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Good Work, This is what my mum wold have done if it was attacking me.

3 Likes

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by enpaypal: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
She is a hero

1 Like

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by jevic(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Brave mother.

1 Like

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Satan01(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
Me wey I go don JAPA !!! God giveth and Lion collecteth grin

God go do another and lion go still collecteth if I No japa for DAT area

2 Likes

Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by Satan01(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
jevic:
Brave mother.
brave mother koO undecided

Obo Jonas grin
Re: California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son by sholayman56(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
When you see a mountain Lion.. Get on your kneel and say your last prayers... �

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.