Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? (3365 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Base from experience

In 2012, I met one executive and lady boss who I intended to woe. She was a beautiful elegant lady who was financially a successful person. I marvel when she told me that, she likes me but she is sure I can not handle her. I asked her, how do you want to be handled?

She told me - she find me very fascinating but I am too gentle for her personaity and I cannot handle her. I sense it was because of her kind of masculine egoistic personel.

She told me, she is the type that does not submit to any man. She said, even in her place of work, she controls everyone and she doesn't submit or regard the opinion of any person. I just understood that, she is the impossible and egoistic type. I did let her go.

QUESTION
As a man, what are the challenges of marrying a wealthy Nigeria woman?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
Waiting for those with first hand experience

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by DaddyRochie1642: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
This thread go dey interesting grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ahmback(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
1. You will have to face her pride/ego daily.
2. You will be silenced in every matter, you won't have a say.
3. Her friends will make mockery of you.
4. Others will see you as a parasite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
I dated a stubborn young woman, and she told me what she doesn't like about me.

She told me I am too fragile (easily broken) cheesy

I was astonished when she told me this

It is only an insane woman will not like a calm man

1 Like

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
You both will have financial disagreement due to the general entitlement mentality of Nigerian ladies. It is worse when the lady earns at least one naira above what you earn as a man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by SeaTrade(m): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Not a good thing to do to your ego.
Even if she loves you,what will her friends(possibly in her class) think of you?
Will you be comfortable meeting them?
It'll destroy your confidence.
And also make you push your self to impossible limits just to catch up that will always end up to fail because you want to jump many steps at a time to catch up to a woman's lifestyle and acceptance.
Then of course it won't work,then you end up depressed,thinking low of yourself and eventually accept your fate ,walking in a woman's shadow.
Run!

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Marry a wealthier woman with the prepared heart to deal every nonsense out of her head. Be prepared to divorce her but not after impregnating her like 4 times just to let her have your kids as a parting gift in case her head too boil like hot oil

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Be a boss man from the word go. Don't enter into relationship with them with a sissy liver if you want to live long. Remember the more wealthy they are than you are, the stingier they become and the more they will nag and brag over financial matters. So be prepared for divorce from the day you say I do, just in case things don't go as expected.

Never let a woman mess up your life

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
SeaTrade:
Not a good thing to do to your ego.
Even if she loves you,what will her friends(possibly in her class) think of you?
Will you be comfortable meeting them?
It'll destroy your confidence.
And also make you push your self to impossible omits just to catch up that will always end up to fail because you want to jump many steps at a time to catch up to a woman's lifestyle and acceptance.
Then of course it won't work,then you end up depressed,thinking low of yourself and eventually accept your fate ,walking in a woman's shadow.
Run!

What does that mean? Women of her class looking down on her because she earns higher than the husband. Is she married to a leprous man or a cripple? Do men humiliate married women because they feel her class is lower than her husbands?

This is nonsense and a logic women craftily align with just to satisfy their greed. Trying to use the man as a ladder to go up but never allowing themselves to be someone else ladder. We call it selfishness And it will be okay to say every woman is selfish if this your logic be accepted

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by internationalman(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
It most always don't end well for the man..

Because women shows love through respect and a woman who's higher than you by standard won't respect or love you genuinely.

In whatever you do as a man never lose the respect of your woman because when your woman begins to respect you less you should know that there's a challenge around the corner in your relationship.

Women love and find who they respect attractive, unlike men who don't find a respectable woman attractive.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by SeaTrade(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ruke1989:

What does that mean? Women of her class looking down on her because she earns higher than the husband. Is she married to a leprous man or a cripple? Do men humiliate married women because they feel her class is lower than her husbands?
This is nonsense and a logic women craftily align with to satisfy their greed. Trying to use the man as a ladder to go up but never allowing themselves to be someone else ladder. We call it selfishness And it will be okay to say every woman is selfish if this your logic be accepted
Blame society.
They made it okay for men to be women's saving grace which is one narrative that should change ,cos this people won't condone you if the situation was reversed.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
One reason I get nauseated when I see a less successful girl telling me they love me. I realize they won't do that to a broke guy. So I get nauseated because I think love is being used as a trick to get successful men to sponsor poor girls who try to play on men's intelligence. The high income ladies will never in their young age profess undying love to a broke guy unless for fear of not finding a husband eventually using that man as sperm donor. They hate to be used by men financially but they love to financially hook up once they see a Roch man they can use. Stop hiding under tradition of man being the financial head or even scripture and accept the fact that ladies are just selfish without restriction.

They are quick to reject submission to a man headship over them but once topic is about
whose money should be spent. They will quickly tell you you are the head so spend your money on the family and leave me to spend mine on myself

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Ruke1989: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
SeaTrade:
Blame society.
They made it okay for men to be women's saving grace which is one narrative that should change ,cos this people won't condone you if the situation was reversed.
exactly boss. That's the truth
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by donbachi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
Struggles ke...when guys are already struggling to marry them,as an escape from poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Goldbw122(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by RightToReject(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
You've nothing to worry about if both of you're coming from strong ethical leanings and are in sync, and provided that you're gumptious and have an altruistic interest in her, better if she does towards you too.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Eventually, it would be different strokes for different folks.

I know this thread is for men to share their experiences. But that kind of union will have both parties walking about on eggshells with each other...

Woman trying so hard to not bruise man's ego...
They go out, and she slips her card to him so it looks like he's the one paying.
Trying to dim her light so he can shine comfortably.

Man trying to act unbothered...
Trying to prove it's all love and mutual respect and wokeness...
Trying to hold firmly to the reins he already feels left his grasp...

That scenario up there is for couples who are honestly trying to make it work..

For most others, it's gbas gbos...

Woman wants to live her best life... Freely, as she pleases.
Submission may be challenging
She may a couple of times remind him who takes the lion share of running the home...

For the man, he's always wearing his insecurity on his sleeves....
Won't let her buy the new big car...
Won't agree to change the kids' school
Wants to suppress her and establishes unnecessary laws just to show control...

Starts cheating.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by SeaTrade(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ruke1989:
One reason I get nauseated when I see a less successful girl telling me they love me. I realize they won't do that to a broke guy. So I get nauseated because I think love is being used as a trick to get successful men to sponsor poor girls who try to play on men's intelligence. The high income ladies will never in their young age profess undying love to a broke guy unless for fear of not finding a husband eventually using that man as sperm donor. They hate to be used by men financially but they love to financially hook up once they see a Roch man they can use. Stop hiding under tradition of man being the financial head or even scripture and accept the fact that ladies are just selfish without restriction.

They are quick to reject submission to a man headship over them but once topic is about
whose money should be spent. They will quickly tell you you are the head so spend your money on the family and leave me to spend mine on myself
95% of the times,it's all lies!Comfort by association at its peak.
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by emmanuelbrown26: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
This boy called lostchild again, life is really fucking u front and back
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by wunmi590(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
tongue
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by CaptainAyub: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ruke1989:

A man can meet a woman with no money,no face,no nyash, no breast,sparse education but still vote for her and wife her.
But a woman will never marry a man that has nothing going for him.
In Nigeria,a woman can be hanging out daily or almost daily with empty pocket,even their transport fare,they might not have but a man can't try it except with his close friends.
Little wonder there are almost only widows and no widowers.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by iod69779: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by jagorinho: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2021
Most times, the main problem is from the girl's parents, they will never see you as a suitable suitor, the handwriting on your forehead will show "Gold digger" in capital letter in their eyes.

Even if you genuinely love their daughter, the kind of treatment they will give you will affect your self esteem, only a white man trusts his daughter's judgement without probing unnecessary further when it comes to romantic affairs but to a wealthy black man, many things are involved.
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by frozen70(f): 6:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Lostchild:
As a man, what are the challenges of marrying a wealthy Nigeria woman?

Base from experience ?

Just respect yourself that's all she needs

And that word respect yourself involves everything about marriage and relationship disciplines
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by crackhaus: 7:39am On Aug 30, 2021
The definition of "wealthy" with reference to this topic, needs to be explained.

If what you mean is a situation where the woman earns a higher monthly income/salary than her husband-to-be, then I don't believe there's any real struggle to be had.
Both are still within the same social class but simply have disparities in earning power.

However, if what you mean is a situation where the woman is wealthy (as in millions/billions wealth), then forget it... It's ONLY in Nollywood that such a woman could marry a man beneath her social class.

In the real world, there aren't that many young "wealthy" (in millions/billions) women to start with... and even where there are, they'd rather marry a man who is equal to them in wealth or slightly higher.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2021
frozen70:

Just respect yourself that's all she needs

And that word respect yourself involves everything about marriage and relationship disciplines

I disagree with you 100% because this is a question for men to answer
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
This boy called lostchild again, life is really fucking u front and back

grin grin grin
You are correct grin
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ruke1989:

Hmmmnnnn undecided

Well said
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by frozen70(f): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lostchild:

I disagree with you 100% because this is a question for men to answer

Let's wait for the men then
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
frozen70:

Let's wait for the men then

Its even difficult to find a comment from a man base on his experienced. Check the above edit write up.
Re: What Are The Struggles Of Marrying A Wealthy Woman? by Lostchild(m): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
crackhaus:
The definition of "wealthy" with reference to this topic, needs to be explained.

If what you mean is a situation where the woman earns a higher monthly income/salary than her husband-to-be, then I don't believe there's any real struggle to be had.
Both are still within the same social class but simply have disparities in earning power.

However, if what you mean is a situation where the woman is wealthy (as in millions/billions wealth), then forget it... It's ONLY in Nollywood that such a woman could marry a man beneath her social class.

In the real world, there aren't that many young "wealthy" (in millions/billions) women to start with... and even where there are, they'd rather marry a man who is equal to them in wealth or slightly higher.

You have said it all. I had one small encounter in 2012 with one of those managerial lady boss.

Check my edited write up above

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Love With My Mother In Law / Must A Successful Woman Be Married? / Your Daughter Came Back From School Like This, What Will Be Your Reaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.