Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,580 members, 7,847,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (35259 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by omoadeleye(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
They should first of all do some airdrop

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Fadayomideji: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
lwisee:
Breaking: CBN drafts guidelines to Nigerian banks on e-Naira

https://nairametrics.com/2021/08/29/cbn-drafts-guidelines-to-nigerian-banks-on-e-naira/
which one is e naira again o
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nukilia: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
otosa:
I don't have belief on anything coming from this government because they do not mean well for us and all they are after is how to convert the money we have in our accounts to their own. As they used NSE to scammed us.

May your days be long! You know them so well... grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by BJanta: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:
Breaking: CBN drafts guidelines to Nigerian banks on e-Naira

https://nairametrics.com/2021/08/29/cbn-drafts-guidelines-to-nigerian-banks-on-e-naira/

It's all theory and deceit.This is the way they always talk.Let them start and see if after some time they would not start to talk about VAT, stamp duty, income tax, excise duty,custom duty,import duty, and high cost of crude oil and gas in the international market and of course,how Nigeria is importing 70% of it's e-Naira from the international financial markets - all with the wicked intents to plunder us.And as well, you can expect EFCC's knock at your door anytime.Remember also, it's the Fulanis and the Kanuris who will become the high managers of this scheme. It's doomed.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Premiumwriter2: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

Fantastic, this sound like a good news to me. Maybe by this time next year 1 E-Naira will be equal to 10USD.
may be by this time next year we never launch am grin grin
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by shadeyinka(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

Exactly on blockchain technology, my concern is will 1 e-Naira = 1 Naira?It will make much sense if it has more value than the regular Naira.
The e-naira will be tied to the physical naira as a fiat currency. There is no special advantage with e-naira unless one can exchange it for other cryptocurrencies

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by shadeyinka(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
BJanta:

It's all theory and deceit.This is the way they always talk.Let them start and see if after some time they would not start to talk about VAT, stamp duty, income tax, excise duty,custom duty,import duty, and high cost of crude oil and gas in the international market and of course,how Nigeria is importing 70% of it's e-Naira from the international financial markets - all with the wicked intents to plunder us.And as well, you can expect EFCC's knock at your door anytime.Remember also, it's the Fulanis and the Kanuris who will become the high managers of this scheme. It's doomed.
You seem to know our people too well!
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by belshazzar(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

Exactly on blockchain technology, my concern is will 1 e-Naira = 1 Naira?It will make much sense if it has more value than the regular Naira.
Exactly my concern.. 1 e-naira = 100 naira sounds sensible to me, just saying tho
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nukilia: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
jaxxy:

A CBN that cudnt mange a fiat naira wants to manage E naira? undecided
You can say that again
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by BruncleZuma: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Clowns
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by shadeyinka(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
kingscare1:
Buy dip when the e-naira commences if both the paper naira-to-enaira are not at the same rate and hold it because it will appreciate in value due to day-by-day online business transactions.

In the other way round, if the rate of the paper naira and e-naira is the same don't buy because both of them would experience naira-dollar frustration respectively.

My 2 cent.
THe e-naira will be a fiat currency, meaning that it is tied to the naira by value
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beloved3:
Where are they planning to host the servers?

It would be a joke to host our digital currency on foreign servers.

And just in case they are planning to build data centres here in Nigeria for the project, I hope they know that is a huge electricity demand and it's as if Nigeria does not even produce enough electricity to power the whole of Lagos 24/7.

And hopefully they are not planning to run the data centres on generators because that would be dragging the country eons back. Everyone at this stage is looking towards Sustainability and cutting off green house gases.

Dear Naija, which way?

If only we could fix electricity, many things will start to fall in place gradually.

When we fix electricity, we monitor crime effectively with CCTV and drones.

We experience transformation of our educational sector - digital transformation.

We experience industrialization - companies will troop in, and the ABA boys and indigenous manufacturing gurus will rise

We crack down on corruption - everything becomes transparent and digital - every fraud will be traceable digitally except you go and bomb the data centres to erase data ( equivalent to how they burnt the NFF office and other offices just to destroy files).

Our economy improves, we rely less on petroleum, we see massive advancement etc.

Your opinions are valid. But you're looking at the negative side of things. This will certainly work because all your questions was answered in the paper.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by josielewa(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
PENNYSWAP:

That’s my point , once it can be exchanged with other big crypto’s then bye bye to physical naira .. convert your money to usdt, when you want to cash you buy e-naira then withdraw to naija bank ...
this is what pi coin is all about...but people don't read the white paper..if its decentralised fine, if not, na gbese e go be and it can easily be controlled by the CBN..imagine what the big mulls do to the stock market....be wise..anything f.g, be wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by CryptoRepublic1: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
I actually did a presentation on this to the Nigerian Mint & Print last year , E naira driven on Block chain tech

On what network are/were you/they proposing to build it upon?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Snitch24(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

Fantastic, this sound like a good news to me. Maybe by this time next year 1 E-Naira will be equal to 10USD.

Lmao
Y'all don't understand this right ?
Of this works out good
Then the value of naira will drop drastically
Like maybe 1$ to 1850naira
There's already a sight of 1$ hitting a momentum of 750naira before next year March
How we go take pay our outstanding loans with this kine yeye news
It's a baseless development
This is not the right time
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by CryptoRepublic1: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
josielewa:
this is what pi coin is all about...but people don't read the white paper..if its decentralised fine, if not, na gbese e go be and it can easily be controlled by the CBN..imagine what the big mulls do to the stock market....be wise..anything f.g, be wise

You're getting it all wrong mate,E Naira will be nothing other than a stablcoin pegged on 1:1 Naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Authorsy: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
No be only e-naira. You have proven to be unreliable and untrustworthy especially to the Nigerian tech business ecospace.

Anyone that trusts the FG enough to invest in the e-naira must have a lot of money to throw away.

Except you guys force it down our throats as usual of course.

And even at that, it still won't fly.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by samwillyco1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
How will it stop the suffering of the masses
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Kubernetes: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
monferans0:
wink but you banned crypto, who will patronize this enaira now?

I am not sure it will the patronized.
The naira is worthless against international currencies, as such people will prefer to use their master or visa card to pay online
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Kobicove(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
Na siddon look we dey
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by naijainform: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
lwisee:

will swap it for USD immediately cause i know it will still fall below 1 USD

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by adedayourt(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
I actually did a presentation on this to the Nigerian Mint & Print last year , E naira driven on Block chain tech

This is coming from an institution who place a ban on crypto in the economy.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by adewale2011(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2021
Imagine the CBN Governor said all this without mentioning the Technology behind their hypocritical creation, let me tell you all, Blockchain is the Future, don't let no Government fool you.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Samswags9(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
Okay

4 Month Old Male eskimo is going for a giveaway price
First Shots Taken
Location Ibadan
Click on my link
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by TechSkill: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
otosa:
I don't have belief on anything coming from this government because they do not mean well for us and all they are after is how to convert the money we have in our accounts to their own. As they used NSE to scammed us.
May God bless you . I am just reading as the other oga is trying to rope the masses into a cage and the two handles might even be working for the government.

MY ADVICE TO EVERY SANE NIGERIAN: STAY FAR AWAY FROM ANYTHING COMING FROM THIS SATANIC AND EVIL GOVERNMENT

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
Boys wont easily patronize eNaira. You don't take food away from their tables like that and except them to welcome your own food on their table with open arms. But I pray, they eventually accept it.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by ajagidiagbo1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
Who invited this Nincompoop to an healthy conversation between 2 great minds?.

otosa:
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by InaNla(f): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Fraudulent liars. Buari looking for another way to cash out.
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by Wokenaija: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
So APC will claim every coin at the end of the tenure abi ?
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by digitite: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
a good initiative
Re: CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines by DjTreSixty(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Very interesting. Gradually introducing cryptocurrency

Anyaays, get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signatureaays... Dm me for you graphic designs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband surprises wife with a brand new Mercedes-Benz after twin delivery (Vid) / How To Make A Poultry Incubator At Home / Gold Bars Roll Out In Osun State By West Africa's Largest Gold Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.