Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,318 members, 7,846,406 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

How To Acquire Any Skills, Most Especially Digital Skills The Nigerian Way! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Acquire Any Skills, Most Especially Digital Skills The Nigerian Way! (513 Views)

Please Is It Adviseable To Acquire A Skill In Plumbing / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / looking for the best ICT Center To Acquire pratical Skills In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Acquire Any Skills, Most Especially Digital Skills The Nigerian Way! by akinsmail51: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
This post is an addendum to my last post on why it is a must for an undergraduate to acquire one digital skill or any money making skill before graduation.

Today, I will be rolling out how you can acquire any skills the Nigerian way.

Choosing a niche should be your starting point, carve out a niche for yourself first. A niche is a specialty. A niche fills an unmet customer need.

Focusing on new, specific niches you can fill or improve on could put you ahead of your competition and hasten your journey to success.

A quick way you can find a niche is to listen to people’s problems, complaints, and irritations. Customer complaints are niche opportunities crying to be filled by someone.

Then, start your skill acquisition to build expertise in your chosen niche. Build a high level of competency/specific knowledge on a topic or a special skill.

Use Google, explore YouTube, surf through Nairaland, take courses on Udemy, Coursera, etc.

If you can't go for paid courses, apply for free courses.

Alternatively, take a preview of paid courses too and search through if you can access the course resources or materials.

As I mentioned in previous post, always choose to walk your skill acquisition journey having Google & YouTube as your companions.

Here's what you should do now, learn how to use Google search properly, you may do this to become Google Search Pro, insert words like "How to use Google search effectively" or "Google Search Tips & Tricks"

Another quick trick is this, always surf through tool bars whenever you're using Google. This can easily link you to pages, videos, news, or books that contain what you're searching for.

Also, I recommend you use Nairaland always. There you'll get to know Nigerian experts in your chosen field, you will have access to read about their accomplishments and how they arrive at their existing levels.

One good link you can follow is this : How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online. I advise you go to Nairaland with your common sense though, people waste ton of time over there.

I bet you, Nairaland is underrated, when next you're searching for anything, add Nairaland to your search section, if you want it Nigerian way, you will thank me later.

Building expertise is no easy feat. It can be a time-consuming task, but, ultimately, it's a worthwhile one.

Expertise comes from your ability to demonstrate a high level of specific knowledge on a topic or a special skill that others see, want, or need.

When people perceive that you have this special knowledge or skill, it compels them to value you, believe your competency and love to go into business dealings with you.

Bye for now!

#BeBusinessSmart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Acquire Any Skills, Most Especially Digital Skills The Nigerian Way! by topoftheworld(m): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Good one

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Network Marketing Is Important And Reasons You Should Start It NOW / The Good Side Of The Dark Web (hidden Wiki) / Urgent Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.