Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,486 members, 7,857,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? (341 Views)

Juju Songs Of The 1970s, '80s and 1990s / Nigerian Funk And Pop Songs Of The 1970s, '80s and 1990s / The Evolution Of Hip Hop Music In Nigeria: The '80s And Early 90s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Pacesetterz: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Pls I need help of the name of this female singer who sang a popular song in her local dialect in d 90s. I think she’s not a Nigerian but her song made waves in Nigeria. To the extent Igbo kids back then remixed her song in the Igbo Lang . Can’t really recall all the Igbo words used but here is a clue of d Igbo remix...“ke mgbe nwoke.....ogiri di oke onu”.

I still remembered watching the music video years back and the only scene I could remember was the singer singing in her local dialect and a little dejected boy who was sitting on the floor was shown at the background.

Pls oldies help me out with her name and the song’s name. My mind keeps telling me her name should be Mary.

Lovers of old skool songs help
Ishilove naptu2 nonywendy
nanidee

Lalasticlala Seun pls help me out
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by DoggoneDogg: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
Christy Essien-Igbokwe?
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Pacesetterz: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Christy Essien-Igbokwe?

No oooo
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
NELI UCHENNDU
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Pacesetterz: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NELI UCHENNDU

I don’t think the singer is a Nigerian

She sang in a local dialect.. either she’s a Cameroonian or so
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Xxx123xxx(m): 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Yvonne chaka chaka
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Pacesetterz: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Xxx123xxx:
Yvonne chaka chaka

Are you sure?

Or just guessing?
Re: Pls Who Can Help With The Name Of This 80s Female Singer? by Xxx123xxx(m): 6:00am On Sep 02, 2021
Pacesetterz:

Are you sure?

Or just guessing?
..its a guess

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marioo – WOW Mp3 Download Audio / Download Full Ep : Dj Ab - Supa / Ckay X Tems X Buju Type Beat | CARDS | Sad Afro Type Beat | Afro Type Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.