Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Tips On Salary Negotiations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips On Salary Negotiations (16953 Views)

Doctor Vs Engineer on Salary Scale Level @ Federal Jobs / Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / As FG, Labour Begin Negotiations On New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Salary Negotiations by hellenahills: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
At a point there are common questions jobseekers then to ask themselves on salary negotiation stage like, should i tell the employer my salary range? will they think that i am asking for too much? or should i say a lesser amount so that i can be accepted?

Most of us generally fall victim of this error especially when we are just new in the labour market, which sometimes makes us have that feeling of regret. So it is essential that we know the do's and don'ts of salary negotiation to help us during that stage of our interview.

Here are few tips of do's of salary negotiation:

- Do your research on the salary scale

-Know your value and worth.

-Make enquiry from the company about the total package that comes with the salary.
Know your range.

10 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by wunmi590(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2021

I don't even know what to say, but no matter how bad it is, I don't recieve salary less than what I have been receiving before....

What's all these fuss about first to comment self that people carry for head like gala....

10years plus have been a registered member and I have made first to comment many times and I have never been moved about it before...

Make unah wey dey under me no vex, try again next time angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by sulaimon22: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Private schools won't make you know your worth cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Some of them offer 15k to graduate and out of joblessness work dm start bdat

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by EjaikreTheViper(f): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
G
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by smatt1711: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by peppermint7(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
You go find job
You still get mind wan negotiate salary

9 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by englishmart(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
The tips are not for desperate job seekers. I mean the type that's triggered by acute joblessness

14 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by Flame4chi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nice. Write up.

For your Organic Agricultural Products.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by Emmerlee(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Una go jus dey create topics anyhow.. Is this a statement now or an advice

6 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by sematec(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
t
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Use your hand decide wetin your mind tell you. No go do pass yourself and no go turn yourself to a modern day slave

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by mikylon(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
K
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by ojun50(m): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Even buhair no Sabi how much them dey pay am

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by twin7: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Whatever you do, you see that "Basic Salary", ensure its as fat as possible...alot is usually tied to it.

5 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by taiwofawole: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sha don’t depend on your salary alone ! The current economic situation is bad , get a digital skill or start an online business .

Kindly check this thread to see some useful skill you can learn
https://www.nairaland.com/6727248/freelancer-today-learn-concept-web

Do you want to know the cost of creating & monetization a blog ? Check here https://www.nairaland.com/4161635/business-cost-creating-blog-website

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by tunat141(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Know your work function, and place your self on a good scale to earn more. First ever time,to be the first to reply.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by meedoLock(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
It's a tough decision to make in this part of the works. Most especially when you are a desperate job seeker at that, employer will always want to outsmart you and make you bend to what suite them most. But it is better one should know his worth once you have what it takes. I'm a living witness

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by Hujoler: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by delzbaba(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
No its like dis

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by RuddyFusion(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Where will you start the research for most Nigerian companies on salary scale?

Just know your worth and the industry standard for the industry...that's it

For me now, I'm experienced and go to any interview knowing this including the recruiter and have a minimum that I expect from any of them.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by Holadokun(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by askakim(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Your tips only work for multinational coy.. I was actually interviewed by a manufacturing coy and the man(HR) told me am demanding double of what the coy can pay and that the Coy is stingy... I rejected the offer cos I couldn't see my self relocating to the East that is unstable within a month..

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by jubrilELsudan: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
IF YOU A WOMAN JUST NEGOTIATE WITH YOUR KUKUNASE......YOU CAN THANK ME LATER

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by BoverLY: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Dicken90:
Las Las you did not say anything undecided

Herbal Organic PENIS Enlargement Oil you
need to make your manhood Bigger, Thicker and Longer within 2 weeks assurance

CHECK below.

Pussy enlargement dey o. For shikini money and Without side effect.
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by legba1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
This days most structured coyz have a templates the questions don't even come to play.. Except you are interviewing for senior managerial position.. For graduate trainee, there's always a template in place except you are seeking employment in 'alagbole global venture'

1 Like

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by ilovebole(f): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
Last day to enjoy 10percent off all your Jumianigeria orders.....
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by justking(m): 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by saxtaiwo: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
Evil and wicked employers everywhere, especially these private school owner. Imagine a school collecting over 200k as school fee with many students and want to be paying teachers 45k. I told the owner of the school point blank that I have done my research and a school of such shouldn't be paying that. Since I know my worth I just pack my CV leave the wicked oga.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Salary Negotiations by waa01: 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Negotiate what...in Nigeria u go find job tired until finding job become ur job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / How Is Your Finance Department Structure / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.