Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

ENT Doctors, I Need Your Help. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ENT Doctors, I Need Your Help. (322 Views)

Doctors: I Need Drug To Reduce Too Much Cholesterol / Doctors I Need Advice. Graphic / I Need Answers ENT Doctors And Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ENT Doctors, I Need Your Help. by mypains: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hello,

In 2016,my left ear, and which is the better ear started developing problem and sounds were like faulty speaker.

I went to an ENT doctor at Ikeja who said he is not sure what the problem is and that he will give me drugs. If the drugs works, it means it's an infection. He also explained I might have swollen in the ear too and I felt something like that at that time but it seems to have been gone.

The drug worked for a while but I was experiencing relapses.

I still experience relapses till today.

I went to Ife teaching hospital after and that was where I was told that I am allergic to dust.

I was given some nasal decongestant because I was also experiencing nasal congestion that oscillates between nostrils. I still do till date but not as bad as at the day I went to Ife.

Ever since this problem started, my nose has been the major reactant, not even my ears.

Now, when I took the drug and decongestant that I was given in Ife in 2018, I was sneezing so much than I had ever experienced in my whole life. Catarrh was coming out my nose so often. After some weeks, I experienced the highest improvement since the problem started... But it didn't last much before it relapsed again.

Over the cos of going through this problem, these are my major observations:

1. My ears, especially the left one which is the better ear produces little or no ear wax

2. I still spit out Catarrh liquid (phlegm) more than normal human should though lesser than what I used to experience before going to Ife teaching hospital.

3. Some time this year I took the nasal decongestant after a long time and I experienced improvements again.

4. When I bend down to pick something from the ground like in inverted v = ^, if I stay in that position for more than a minute, my nose start getting block and my hearing reduces too as I start feeling like there is build up in the ear.

5. If I place my ear close to the wall and speak, I hear louder than when I am away from the wall.

I have stopped using fans to because of this problem cos my nose experience congestion if I do, and an increased congestion means more ear problem.

Does anyone here know what I can do help my hearing because I have feeling it's more mechanical fault,like an engine that doesn't function well.

Let me also point out that I can use phone clearly and communicate well on the left ear, so much that you won't know I have this problem but if you stand in front of me and talk, I can't hear you well.

Also, I started having hearing problems because of Quinine drug that was given to me in 2000. I was very small then and the doctor promised things will get back to normal, however my right ear was badly affected and I have depended on the left one ever since.

I am still believing that something can be done to help this left ear improve.

A friend asked if I did a scan at Ife and and I said no. He said they should have done a scan for me as that was how they discovered his wife had growth in the ear.

It is this constant improvement and relapses that I just done understand but I have a feeling that if my nasal congestion can be fixed, I would be okay.

Please help

(1) (Reply)

WHO Endorses Regeneron COVID-19 Drug Cocktail / STOP Eating These 4 Foods To Prevent Your From Getting Cancer. / How To Gain Weight Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.