Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service (2195 Views)

Glo Tv App Set Up And Review - A Promising Start But... / Facebook’s Rolls Out 'watch' Video-streaming Service Worldwide To Fight Youtube. / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qLDOFgJ1t0

Is this the new Netflix for Africa?
The potential is there but will Glo keep pushing for the best of content?
I like the User interface and the navigation is easy to glide through.

There are some features that are not working like subtles, trailers, Audio languages etc.

It's still a start so I can cut them the slack.

I also explained how to easily sign up for the Glo TV app without hassles.

Let me know what you think.
Will you use Glo TV?
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by matrixme(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nice review. Glo is very notoriously poor about support for their customers. Even if you reply to their posts on Facebook, no one bothers to reply. I doubt if their customer service is now available to pick up calls. These are the issues that they need to work on

1 Like

Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Joezik(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
Smartdepotng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qLDOFgJ1t0

Is this the new Netflix for Africa?
The potential is there but will Glo keep pushing for the best of content?
I like the User interface and the navigation is easy to glide through.

There are some features that are not working like subtles, trailers, Audio languages etc.

It's still a start so I can cut them the slack.

I also explained how to easily sign up for the Glo TV app without hassles.

Let me know what you think.
Will you use Glo TV?

Which mb we go use

1 Like

Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Ay92(m): 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
My data was used when I tried it

3 Likes

Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by ambchidodude(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
If only they can maintain it…
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
matrixme:
Nice review. Glo is very notoriously poor about support for their customers. Even if you reply to their posts on Facebook, no one bothers to reply. I doubt if their customer service is now available to pick up calls. These are the issues that they need to work on
It's really sad! This app has potential to be the Netflix of Africa but I am already afraid it won't. Main reason is - poor customer service. How can there be no single reply on Google play store of all the hundreds of reviews there? How is that even possible?
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Joezik:

Which mb we go use
Na de dekoko question be. That o!
I thought it was going to be free with Glo network. Just doing the review of the app finished my 2GB data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ay92:
My data was used when I tried it
It uses your data bundles.
It turns out that the free they were talking about was watching the content. They don't have enough quality content yet to make me spend data like that. I just hope they start an official unlimited plan for that TV app

1 Like

Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
ambchidodude:
If only they can maintain it…

That's my biggest concern in the video.
We have seen a lot of great ideas die in this country
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Ay92(m): 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Smartdepotng:

It uses your data bundles.
It turns out that the free they were talking about was watching the content. They don't have enough quality content yet to make me spend data like that. I just hope they start an official unlimited plan for that TV app
Exactly, I'm happy I quickly checked my data before it was all depleted
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Na de dekoko question be. That o!
I thought it was going to be free with Glo network. Just doing the review of the app finished my 2GB data

grin

Naija with free things
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by sexy74(m): 1:11am On Sep 02, 2021
Smartdepotng:

It's really sad! This app has potential to be the Netflix of Africa but I am already afraid it won't. Main reason is - poor customer service. How can there be no single reply on Google play store of all the hundreds of reviews there? How is that even possible?
My brother why are you complaining you have shown you it can happen.
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Solsix(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2021
Op if you are a glo rep please tell them they have still not given my glo 200mb anniversary. I can't trust a network who can't keep thier promise.
Re: Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service by Smartdepotng: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Solsix:
Op if you are a glo rep please tell them they have still not given my glo 200mb anniversary. I can't trust a network who can't keep thier promise.
I am not o!
When it comes to data all of them are crooks. MTN will suck up your data, Etisalat data is so costly I don't use it anymore. I once had to drag Airtel to NCC only to be told that they (NCC) don't have the tools to measure whether the mb they are giving me is correct.
As for Glo, they keep changing their terms and conditions for data promo, it's confusing.

Na manage we dey manage all Nigerian GSM network.

I follow those who give plenty data for now and not loyal to any

(1) (Reply)

Data Usage: How I'm "Managing" My Internet Cost Now / 5 Bad Habits That Damage Your Phone’s Battery / Lists Of Phone Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.