Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,127 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Beware Of This Guy! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Guy! (2050 Views)

'Beware Of This Guy' - Lady Exposes Man Who Tried To Scam Her In Enugu. Photos / Beware Of Fixed Match Sellers(fp Please) / Data Bundle Fraud Alert: Beware Of Daodu Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Guy! by referendum01(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dear Mods, ladies and gentle men,

Please beware of this guy whose picture appears below. Although I am relatively new on Nairaland as a registered member but have been a visitor for over 5years and my user name is referendum01.

Last week a guy posted that people can access loan from him and I feel to his trap by giving out all my details such as my Nairaland user name, password, BVN, Band details, valid ID card, NEPA Bill and passport.

I later saved up his number and chatted him on whatsaap where he requested my details. since after I supplied him my details he has gone underground without giving me any loan.

I am a Realtor. That is what I do. Just this night I noticed someone has been using my user name to post all manner on Nairaland which by all indication are scam adverts.

Please dear Nairalander, what can be done to prevent this scammer from using my details to post scam adverts on Nairaland even though by tomorrow I will be going to the police station to make entry because its obvious my details are now in the wrong hands.

See below the picture that is on his WhatsApp DP.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by kestolove95(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
but guy u dull, see all d details wey u carry give stranger

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by expertman(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
I actually saw the guy post this morning immediately he told me I need to send my NL user name and password I knew he is a bloody scammer and immediately I blocked him

referendum01:
Dear Mods, ladies and gentle men,

Please beware of this guy whose picture appears below. Although I am relatively new on Nairaland as a registered member but have been a visitor for over 5years and my user name is referendum01.

Last week a guy posted that people can access loan from him and I feel to his trap by giving out all my details such as my Nairaland user name, password, BVN, Band details, valid ID card, NEPA Bill and passport.

I later saved up his number and chatted him on whatsaap where he requested my details. since after I supplied him my details he has gone underground without giving me any loan.

I am a Realtor. That is what I do. Just this night I noticed someone has been using my user name to post all manner on Nairaland which by all indication are scam adverts.

Please dear Nairalander, what can be done to prevent this scammer from using my details to post scam adverts on Nairaland even though by tomorrow I will be going to the police station to make entry because its obvious my details are now in the wrong hands.

See below the picture that is on his WhatsApp DP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Brainard22: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ykpm

E don burst

CC Dominique
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by dominique(f): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
If only nairalanders used the search button when dealing with online strangers, at least 75% of scams will be avoided. That particular person is a serial scammer with his phone numbers uploaded in the scammers list and also flagged as scam by several handles. His modus operandi is to use loan offers to collect login details to use to dupe unsuspecting members. Under any circumstances should you give anybody your username or password especially a stranger you cannot vouch for. But the mouth watering offer of low interest, collateral free loan will not let some people think straight.

referendum01:

Use the. logout(all) feature to logout of all devices logged on to, then change your password. Hope you still have the email you used in registering this account?

Edit

He has already started using your account to scam, I've already taken it down pending the time you change your login details.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Fahdiga(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Oga you are a greedy fellow for falling for such cheap scam. You want to reap where you didn't sow. How do believe that a stranger will give you loan without collateral just like that. You are Mr Ibu raised to power ten

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ykpm: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
expertman:

I actually saw the guy post this morning immediately he told me I need to send my NL user name and password I knew he is a bloody scammer and immediately I blocked him

Can you post the number you chatted with as well?
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ykpm: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Brainard22:
Ykpm

E don burst

CC Dominique
Yeah, the guy will never stop.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ykpm: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
expertman:

Can you attach a screenshot of the post that led you to him? It will help a lot.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by armadeo(m): 12:04am On Sep 02, 2021
How on earth will you give your log in details to anyone for any reason.

Na wa oh.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Malawian(m): 12:59am On Sep 02, 2021
armadeo:
How on earth will you give your log in details to anyone for any reason.

Na wa oh.
But government collect our supposed secret BVN before them give us NIN.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Authoreety: 4:10am On Sep 02, 2021
You gave out all those details?

Guy you need a resetting slap!
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ishilove: 4:56am On Sep 02, 2021
You are on social media and internet every damn day but you cannot make use of it for proper research and enlightenment. How can you, despite all the warnings give out your sensitive details to a total stranger? You even gave out your BVN and utility bill.

You lack wisdom. Someone should seize your android phone and give you Nokia torchlight because your smartphone has not made your smart.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ishilove: 4:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Malawian:

It is still the same government that gave us BVN so it is their property.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Nitoriolohun1: 5:32am On Sep 02, 2021
dominique:
If only nairalanders used the search button when dealing with online strangers, at least 75% of scams will be avoided. That particular person is a serial scammer with his phone numbers uploaded in the scammers list and also flagged as scam by several handles. His modus operandi is to use loan offers to collect login details to use to dupe unsuspecting members. Under any circumstances should you give anybody your username or password especially a stranger you cannot vouch for. But the mouth watering offer of low interest, collateral free loan will not let some people think straight.

Use the. logout(all) feature to logout of all devices logged on to, then change your password. Hope you still have the email you used in registering this account?

Edit

He has already started using your account to scam, I've already taken it down pending the time you change your login details.

Seems you are a moderator , honestly I agree with you on not thinking straight about the loan and I was desparate to have fallen for it too sometimes around july.

He used Richy sometin and I created another account for disclaimer but I dnt know maybe I can still get back my old account cos of the topics I was following.. Nitoriolohun is the name of my user name
I will be glad with any suggestion

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by zolajpower: 5:34am On Sep 02, 2021
grin grin grin

I love to read this type of Yeye and mumu pepo post grin grin
E sweet me die .... See bros wey mumu

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by expertman(m): 7:12am On Sep 02, 2021
+234 904 019 5021

Ykpm:

Can you post the number you chatted with as well?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by expertman(m): 7:15am On Sep 02, 2021
Lol

zolajpower:
grin grin grin

I love to read this type of Yeye and mumu pepo post grin grin
E sweet me die .... See bros wey mumu
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by expertman(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2021
Seriously brother the guy sounds so real he almost convince me but as a senior Nairalander I give my self brain.

Didn't sent him any info aside my user name .then blocked h immediately.

Nitoriolohun1:

Seems you are a moderator , honestly I agree with you on not thinking straight about the loan and I was desparate to have fallen for it too sometimes around july.

He used Richy sometin and I created another account for disclaimer but I dnt know maybe I can still get back my old account cos of the topics I was following.. Nitoriolohun is the name of my user name
I will be glad with any suggestion

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by expertman(m): 7:17am On Sep 02, 2021
Let me check if I can still see it cos am not following the post

Ykpm:

Can you attach a screenshot of the post that led you to him? It will help a lot.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Ykpm: 8:15am On Sep 02, 2021
Ishilove:
You are on social media and internet every damn day but you cannot make use of it for proper research and enlightenment. How can you, despite all the warnings give out your sensitive details to a total stranger? You even gave out your BVN and utility bill.

You lack wisdom. Someone should seize your android phone and give you Nokia torchlight because your smartphone has not made your smart.
The scammer has collected so many people's old Nairaland account, BVN, international passport etc, it is almost unbelievable.

One of the account he recently snatched is orjioorj.i

https://www.nairaland.com/orjioorji

Just read the signature of that account. The owner is still trying to reach out and it is almost comical.

Right now the scammer has deleted his posts related to loan, PayPal etc because he knows the account is under watch. He will start scamming with it soon, that I assure you.

https://www.nairaland.com/orjioorji
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by armadeo(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2021
Malawian:

That's government not some random online dude.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Cokahot: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2021
U for send am fake details,use am test am 1st. U r a mugu

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Aboks(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yepa
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Blackmen07: 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Like this guy who's pictures are below. He's name is Charles OKAFOR a
AKA general danbaba. An MC who has resently sasked from star fm for incompetence and now impersonation various radio station in lagos and jos. He is currently on the run for a series of frauds (OBT) in Lagos .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by chibuzor799: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
sad

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode's Friend Threatens To Upload Sex Tapes Of Wife & Daughter / 18 Yr Old Boy, Rapes 82-yr-old Woman For 4hrs. What He Did Next Will Shock You / Drug Kingpin ‘el Chapo’ Escapes Mexican Prison Once Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.