Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nigeria Urgently Needs Technical Universities - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Urgently Needs Technical Universities (132 Views)

Nylon Factory Urgently Needs Marketing Partners. / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe / Vacancy: Urgently Needs Some Few Writers, Come In If You Qualify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Urgently Needs Technical Universities by roscoman: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2021
Youths unemployment problem in Nigeria can be solved by establishing Technical Universities by Federal Government at least two in each geopolitical zones that make up the federation.

Technical Universities or colleges is where only technical courses and skill can be learn or thought. Nigeria produced thousands of graduates every year but after graduation they face unemployment problem.

I can remember it is one of the reasons Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida introduced 6. 3.3. 4 system into our educational curriculum and a technical workshops was established throughout the secondary schools in Nigeria in late 80's when the administration assumed power. The objective of this system then was that a children in secondary school can decide to go into technical education and learn one or two skills before graduating out of secondary school.

In Ogun State for instance, Otunba Gbenga Daniel ( OGD) was the executive governor between 2003 to 2011. During his tenure, OGD established Tai Solarin University of Education ( TASUED) the first of is kind in Nigeria and Africa.

This university would be producing teachers with various courses pertaining to teaching line and profession only. I can say it categorically that is why Ogun State have highest numbers of primary and secondary schools today and this happened has a result of the foresight and vision of that government in that period because the university produced hundreds of teachers annually. During the period, OGD also established four Information Communication Technology ( ICT) Polytechnics in Ogun State primarily to produce Information Communication Technologists. Most of the graduates from these schools has established there own business in ICT and allied skill related fields.

To get a job be it in local, state or Federal Government depends on whom you know. Whereas there are some jobs which has been reserved for certain sets of influenzal people in the society.

It means a graduate without knowing anybody in power can't get government job which totally negates the establishment, principle, vision and objectives of Federal Character Commission ( FCC ).

All over the world no nation play with technical education and training because they are the largest employer of labour.

Aside from that, someone with technical job and technological know how would be self employed, self reliance and also help the nation solved unemployment problem by employing one or two people.

As at today in China, India, Turkey, Japan, Indonesia just to mention a few produced hundreds of technicians out of school and thereafter they come to Africa and Nigeria in particular for work but on getting here they become big boss even on top of Nigerians graduate with a degree.

Nigeria has the resources, capacity and capability to do it other to reduce unemployment enhanced self employment and self reliance which is what this great nation need at this point in time.

Late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo said in one of his books that " I established free education in old Western region, so that my driver's children would not end up becoming my children drivers ".

The role of technical education in nation building in terms of solving unemployment problem, self employment and self reliance can't be over emphasize.

Finally, I would advise President Muhammad Buhari to key into this idea. If his administration can give some states that has agreed to establish cattle ranching billions of naira.

What would it now cost his government to establish and equiped two technical Universities in each geopolitical zones of Nigeria. As a matter of fact, President Muhammad Buhari's name would be written in Gold as a leadership that brought Nigeria out of youth employment.

I rest my case here today.

Written by:

Mr. Rasaq LIASU
2nd September, 2021.
Re: Nigeria Urgently Needs Technical Universities by Skillsnigeria: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Urgently Needs Technical Universities by mrsage(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2021
True

(1) (Reply)

Business Plans For Sale / Just In!!! The Prints You've Been Waiting For. / Smart And Best Ways To Sell To Nigerians, Grow Your Business And Make Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.