Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Beware Of This Guy! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Guy! (799 Views)

'Beware Of This Guy' - Lady Exposes Man Who Tried To Scam Her In Enugu. Photos / Beware Of Fixed Match Sellers(fp Please) / Data Bundle Fraud Alert: Beware Of Daodu Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Guy! by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

Although I really don't know the section this falls, but in case am in the wrong place kindly forgive me and treat this as urgent so we can save many from a scammer on Nairaland.

Due to the economic situation of the country, I met a guy on Nairaland can't remember the section now and can't also recall his username I would have published same. He advertised that he was giving loans max 500k to people who needed loan for their business and to pay back after six months.

I quickly chatted him via whatsapp through his presumed number which I will publish here also. He requested for my very sensitive details such as BVN, Bank Account, Valid ID, Utility bill, 1 passport all screen shot and sent to him with my names and all. He also requested for my username and password on Nairaland which I released to him.

He claimed he wanted to use the user name to ascertian how old in have been on Nairaland because they don't give loan to new members on Nairaland. I asked him why he must have my username he insisted it was a requirement for me to access the loan within 24hrs.

Long story short, till now I didn't receive any loan alert whatsoever. I have chatted him severally on whatsapp but he has refused to respond. Just this morning he came online and took down his whatsapp DP unfortunately for him I already have a screenshot of him.

I have called him severallg and his phone has never gone through for once.

To make matter worst he is now using my former Nairaland username (because I now have a new one) to post scam adverts I guess to curry more unsuspecting and desperate people.

Although, I am already taking some steps both at the police station and at the bank to safe guard my details and in case of any future surprises from the dude scammer.

I am also open to more advice.

Below is the scammer phone number and pics on his whatsapp DP.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by TechQe: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2021
Never release all those information to people. They can use it to committ fraud and put you in trouble. He does it disguising himself as a loan officer willing to give people loan. He will go to loan sharks and start applying for all manners of loans with your identity. Go and fill an official report about this incidence against any incidences of misuse of your biodata
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by FreeStuffsNG: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2021
This disclaimer is fine. Just follow up with an official report at a police station jist in case.
May God bless Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2021
TechQe:
Never release all those information to people. They can use it to committ fraud and put you in trouble. He does it disguising himself as a loan officer willing to give people loan. He will go to loan sharks and start applying for all manners of loans with your identity. Go and fill an official report about this incidence against any incidences of misuse of your biodata

Noted. Thanks
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
This disclaimer is fine. Just follow up with an official report at a police station jist in case.
May God bless Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.

Noted. Thanks
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Mutemenot(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2021
I don't know why someone who coukd type well like you could fall for such scam.. pray he doesn't use your account to load money. many are spending their lifetime in prison cos of things like that. be careful

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2021
You are very stupid.That is all I have to say.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Felimax(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2021
The post you are refering to seem to be a recent post.
You should do well to equally post that username of yours that he is using to scam now.
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Cokahot: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2021
U better quickly rush to efcc office now,I met someone yesterday whose phone was stolen and the thieves used his acct details to receive stolen money. Till tmrw the guy still dwy go dey come efcc office,I shed him hw fa he said efcc he drained him almost400k including his phones and laptop and placed all accts under no debit OP,if u like don't file complaints with bank and efcc,when dwm come pick u up,na thr your eye go clear.fool
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Cronus1: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Dear Nairalanders,

Although I really don't know the section this falls, but in case am in the wrong place kindly forgive me and treat this as urgent so we can save many from a scammer on Nairaland.

Due to the economic situation of the country, I met a guy on Nairaland can't remember the section now and can't also recall his username I would have published same. He advertised that he was giving loans max 500k to people who needed loan for their business and to pay back after six months.

I quickly chatted him via whatsapp through his presumed number which I will publish here also. He requested for my very sensitive details such as BVN, Bank Account, Valid ID, Utility bill, 1 passport all screen shot and sent to him with my names and all. He also requested for my username and password on Nairaland which I released to him.

He claimed he wanted to use the user name to ascertian how old in have been on Nairaland because they don't give loan to new members on Nairaland. I asked him why he must have my username he insisted it was a requirement for me to access the loan within 24hrs.

Long story short, till now I didn't receive any loan alert whatsoever. I have chatted him severally on whatsapp but he has refused to respond. Just this morning he came online and took down his whatsapp DP unfortunately for him I already have a screenshot of him.

To make matter worst he is now using my former Nairaland username (because I now have a new one) to post scam adverts I guess to curry more unsuspecting and desperate people.

Although, I am already taking some steps both at the police station and at the bank to safe guard my details and in case of any future surprises from the dude scammer.

He is going to use your BVN to create more accounts which he will use to scam more people. You are in trouble my friend. Please go report to the EFCC immediately.

What is the username of the hijacked account?
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by Cr0nus1: 3:02am On Sep 03, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Dear Nairalanders,

what the Nairaland username which u give him the login details?
Re: Beware Of This Guy! by joyandfaith: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Dear Nairalanders,

How can south be free if someone like you can be scammed cheaply?
Never do business with strangers. Every real online business will have physical address.

(1) (Reply)

Painters Escape Being Electrocuted To Death While Painting A Church / Yahoo Boy Asks Oyibo Woman To Sing Zazu To Get Her $3k Back(watch Video) / Watch:couples Killed Their Family Friends For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.