Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām (6480 Views)

Masturbation Deprives Him Of Great Reward During This Ramadan. Refrain Too! / What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? / The Reward For Goodness To Others. #deenmylife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Lukgaf(m): 12:00am On Sep 03, 2021

A pious student was once studying in Delhi and would sleep in a nearby Masjid. One night, a young woman was on her way to visit some of her relatives who resided in the area, when a riot broke out. She could not manage to escape the commotion and violence in time and quickly ran into the Masjid in fear of her life. When the student noticed her, he was alarmed and explained that the Masjid was not an appropriate place for her to hide. “People may notice us here and my honour will be tarnished. They will then evict me from the Masjid, to the detriment of my studies,” he pleaded.

She explained, “If I leave the safety of this Masjid, I fear that my honour and dignity may be blemished by the rioting mobs out in the streets.”

Her explanation silenced him as he realised the gravity of the situation. He directed her to a corner of the Masjid, where she could remain seated, and returned to continue with his studies. He was immersed in his books for the duration of the night, but occasionally he would place his finger in the flame of a lamp that he was using as a source of light. The young woman too remained awake and intently watched the young man.

Close to dawn, he said to her, “The rioters have dispersed and the streets appear to be safe. I am prepared to accompany you to ensure that you reach your home safely.”

“But,” she remarked, “I will not leave this Masjid until you explain to me why you kept placing your finger in the flame throughout the night.”

He replied, “That is a private matter and I would request you not to question me further about it.”

But the young woman would not give in. When he realised that he could not convince her otherwise, he explained, “Shaitān was continuously enticing me to fulfil my desires with you. Hence, I kept placing my finger in the flame to remind myself of the unbearable intensity of the fire of Jahannam. If I could not bear the negligible burns from a worldly flame, how would I ever bear the torment of the fire of Jahannam? I am grateful to Allāh Subhānahu wa Ta’ala that He saved me from sin throughout the night.”

The young woman left and reached her home safely. She was from a wealthy family and was soon to be married to a family relative. She immediately declined the offer to marry him and said to her parents, “My desire is to marry the student from the Masjid.”

Her parents and family tried their utmost to convince her. Others began harbouring suspicions regarding her. When she heard their remarks, she explained what had transpired on that fateful night and concluded, “The student has the fear of Allāh Subhānahu wa Ta’ala within his heart, and such a man will never harm or inconvenience others. My desire is to marry him.”

Eventually, her family consented and the nikaah was performed. The student who had lived in a Masjid now became the owner of his very own home, due to his fear of Allāh Subhānahu wa Ta’ala. [Ādābul Muta’allimīn, p23]

Allāh Subhānahu wa Ta’ala handsomely rewards a person who abstains from harām.

SOURCE: Pearls from the Path Vol. 3 Compiled by Afzal Ismail

https://jamiat.org.za/the-reward-for-abstaining-from-haram/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Barbsamiin: 12:09am On Sep 03, 2021
Allahu akbar
JazakAllah

6 Likes

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by AntiChristian: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2021
Patience and Constancy!

May Allah grant us the best in both worlds.

We ask Allah to alleviate the sufferings of the sick and distressed.

We ask Allah to guide our leaders and the masses aright!

May the peace and blessings of Allah be on the messenger of Allah, his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of hisab.

Aamin.

11 Likes

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by NLorubebe(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
fake story, bro. It never happened

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Hassanmaye(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Egein(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
G
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by blakid(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
True story
Bro, you won't make heaven grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Triangles1(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hard to emulate may God help us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Egein(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
It is haram to propose to (or be proposed to) some one who is already engaged to someone else.
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Haram keee you there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Toscarel: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
When those in kano can't even control themselves around an inanimate mannequin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Idamond: 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
true story, it happens daily
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by motayoayinde: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
JAZAAKALLAH

ONLY THE FEAR OF ALLAH CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

MAY ALLAH GRANT US TAQWA IN SECRET AND IN THE OPEN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Amspecial: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
grin
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Kano4tot2: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Masha Allah... May Almighty Allah abstain us from every mean's of SINS. #AMEEN

1 Like

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by BCASH(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ma Sha Allah

May Almighty Allah aza wa jallah give us the taqwah to follow the right path and neglect the wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by TeeGentle(m): 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
jazakhumullahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Tundem88(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Allah Akbar, Man Taraqa Sehan Fili Haraham Nalahu Fili Halal

1 Like

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by effort1: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Your Islamic bigot brother, antichristian, has been using the Bible to back his comments for days now. cheesy

He can't use the Quran because he believes more in the Bible than Quran grin

2 Likes

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by effort1: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kano4tot2:
Masha Allah... May Almighty Allah abstain us from every mean's of SINS. #AMEEN

Religion of slavery grin
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Southernigbo: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
may Allah make us abstain from haraam n make us more pious

1 Like

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by falcon01: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Damn it ain't easy been a Muslim
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Map1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
And those in positions of Authority are senior Imam,alhaji,Bishop and senior pastors yet they never desist from haram, thunder fire you RPG
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
This is why Taliban are better Muslims than those in Nigeria. In Afghanistan under the Taliban, she would not dare come out of her house without a man accompanying her like a pet.
It is also instructive to note that the man had to fight a personal jihad of partial self-immolation to combat the threat of missing out on Jannah. That will imply the promise of 72 fresh pussies was not enough and only jihad could carry him through. I congratulate him though. He can now count his own virgins to be 73 though we are not sure of the chastity of the lady but even if she's fairly used, all join after all, the prophet's first wife too was, and it was an hypergamy just like this young man's.
Finally, AntiChristian. I thought it is haram for a woman to reject a man chosen for her by her parents. What is going on here? She should be flogged or stoned for lusting after another man not so? angry

Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
This is why Taliban are better Muslims than those in Nigeria. In Afghanistan under the Taliban, she would not dare come out of her house without a man accompanying her like a pet.
Holy Spirit should be ashamed of you right now.
Why the lies?

Here is a curse on you liars from your Bible. Yet you lie about!
Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Liars

It is also instructive to note that the man had to fight a personal jihad of partial self-immolation to combat the threat of missing out on Jannah. That will imply the promise of 72 fresh pussies was not enough and only jihad could carry him through. I congratulate him though. He can now count his own virgins to be 73 though we are not sure of the chastity of the lady but even if she's fairly used, all join after all, the prophet's first wife too was, and it was an hypergamy just like this young man's.
See wetin Holy Spirit guide an immature Christian to type? Subhanallah! What nonsense! Your parent sure wasted money on you!

Finally, AntiChristian. I thought it is haram for a woman to reject a man chosen for her by her parents. What is going on here? She should be flogged or stoned for lusting after another man not so? angry

Anyways, it is not haram. Your thought was inspired by the lying devil which has invaded your skull.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The virgin should not be given in marriage until her permission has been sought.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6968; Muslim, 1419.
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2021
AntiChristian:
Holy Spirit should be ashamed of you right now.
Why the lies?

Here is a curse on you liars from your Bible. Yet you lie about!
Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Liars

See wetin Holy Spirit guide an immature Christian to type? Subhanallah! What nonsense! Your parent sure wasted money on you!

Anyways, it is not haram. Your thought was inspired by the lying devil which has invaded your skull.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The virgin should not be given in marriage until her permission has been sought.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6968; Muslim, 1419.

How is it a lie? Prove it with quotes from your Quran.
Here is what the hadith says
Abu Hurairah r.a. reported: The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said,

"It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the last day to make a journey of one day and night unless she is accompanied by a mahram (husband or male relative whom she is prohibited to marry)." 

[Al Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn 'Abbas r.a. reported: The Prophet ﷺ said,

"No man must not be alone with a woman except in the presence of her mahram. No woman should travel except in the company of a mahram." A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I have been enrolled for such and such expedition, and my wife left for Haj." He ﷺ said to him, "Go and perform Haj with
your wife."

[Al Bukhari and Muslim

At least you can quote the Bible being against lying while your Quran encourages taqiyya.
Here
Quran 16:106 "He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief-- on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement."

So if lying is acceptable in Islam, who are you to accuse me of lying. Lying should not be a problem to you.

At least you agree there's an holy spirit and it resides in a Christian. May I ask what sort of spirit resides in a Muslim that makes them terrorists
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by AntiChristian: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

How is it a lie? Prove it with quotes from your Quran.
Here is what the hadith says

You are a liar as the hadith mentions "journey"!

This is the lie you wrote below.

This is why Taliban are better Muslims than those in Nigeria. In Afghanistan under the Taliban, she would not dare come out of her house without a man accompanying her like a pet. Did Jesus teach you to lie?

At least you can quote the Bible being against lying while your Quran encourages taqiyya.
So if lying is acceptable in Islam, who are you to accuse me of lying. Lying should not be a problem to you.
Where is Taqiyya mentioned in the Qur'an or hadith?

At least you agree there's an holy spirit and it resides in a Christian. May I ask what sort of spirit resides in a Muslim that makes them terrorists
Na Holy devil wey dey make Christian tell lies!
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
AntiChristian:

You are a liar as the hadith mentions "journey"!

This is the lie you wrote below.

This is why Taliban are better Muslims than those in Nigeria. In Afghanistan under the Taliban, she would not dare come out of her house without a man accompanying her like a pet. Did Jesus teach you to lie?

Where is Taqiyya mentioned in the Qur'an or hadith?

Na Holy devil wey dey make Christian tell lies!

It's like you have deficit in English comprehension. Am I the Taliban in Afghanistan that interpreted it to mean a woman should not come out of her house without a male to accompany her? Or is it that your eyes are jaded from slamming your head on the floor? Go and preach to the Taliban and other Arab countries who interpreted it. I'm sure they will accept the interpretation of an African.

Jesus did not teach us to lie. He said to let our yes be yes and our nay, nay. Can you confidently say that of Mohammad? Taqiyya is an Islamic concept that is well rooted in Islamic teachings. Deal with it!! If it does not exist, come out and say so.

Hehehehe. No be shaitan be the black stone wey una dey kiss every year? Or why would you go about kissing a stone and claim you worship only Allahu. Is that not idolatry?
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by AntiChristian: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

It's like you have deficit in English comprehension. Am I the Taliban in Afghanistan that interpreted it to mean a woman should not come out of her house without a male to accompany her? Or is it that your eyes are jaded from slamming your head on the floor? Go and preach to the Taliban and other Arab countries who interpreted it. I'm sure they will accept the interpretation of an African.
Please keep mute. You said the Taliban are a better Muslim with their errors. Error dey your brain sef. Na me wey they respond to your error!

Jesus did not teach us to lie. He said to let our yes be yes and our nay, nay. Can you confidently say that of Mohammad? Taqiyya is an Islamic concept that is well rooted in Islamic teachings. Deal with it!! If it does not exist, come out and say so.
Show us where the word come from in Islam? Just dey lie dey go!

Hehehehe. No be shaitan be the black stone wey una dey kiss every year? Or why would you go about kissing a stone and claim you worship only Allahu. Is that not idolatry?

It is no idolatry! Go and ask the Catholic about idolatry when they pray to Mary and bow to alter of Jesus and Mother of god!
Re: Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
AntiChristian:

Please keep mute. You said the Taliban are a better Muslim with their errors. Error dey your brain sef. Na me wey they respond to your error!

Show us where the word come from in Islam? Just dey lie dey go!

It is no idolatry! Go and ask the Catholic about idolatry when they pray to Mary and bow to alter of Jesus and Mother of god!
Of course the Taliban are better Muslims. They are fighting jihad. Cowards like you who go about deceiving people that Islam is a religion of peace are bad Muslims.

Is taqiyya allowed in Islam yes or no? Answer na.

Kissing a stone is like what worshippers of Baal who are known to be idolaters used to
do as records show in 1 King 19:18.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation / Laxity, Radical & Moderate Muslims You Might Find In Mosques During Taroweeh / What Is The Meaning Of This Islamic Name???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.