Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers (94780 Views)

Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States / Which State Pays Doctor Corpers Highest Salary / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On May 23, 2011
INEC office Giade Bauchi State
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by abialic(m): 5:28pm On May 23, 2011
That was the situation in the office
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Roland17(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2011
@hamdana
Keep dreaming, just pray you are not posted to any local government, because if you do, be ready to add House boy to your resume, because na errand boy u go become.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by braine(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2011
What an interesting topic. At least i've got enough advice to help me when its my turn
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by yoosooph: 6:50pm On May 23, 2011
CBN, NNPC, ICRC, NDIC, FIRS and any other good federal parastatal. Though, some of them don't pay too well. Then, Etisalat, MTN, etc.

This is my advise; pls go for organization that u are sure will retain u after service and does pay well.

Also, if u know who can help u on ur posting to a better state for good job, pls do it. If u allow them to post the way they want, u will end up in the north or in a very local area where u will have no choice than to teach or be killed.

Pls don't be confused by various posts. Most of them will not want their children or family members to be posted to a place where they will not pay well. Where u will be posted to for ur primary assignment and NYSC has nothin
in stock for u. They will use u anyhow, if u are not smart. Forget about people tellin about serving ur country, it is word or deceit. Let me ask u, are politicians , police men etc not claiming that they are serving their country? Think about it.

Finally, bear it in mind that this is ur chance to make it, use it well. Don't forget, nobody will send u money from home.

I will u all the best.

6 Likes

Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by cvibe: 7:33pm On May 23, 2011
I know some corpers who have served in some oil co. good pay, but were mostly used for errands by the staff, buy food for me, cash this cheque for me, buy recharge card for me, photocopy these paper for me, take this file to 2nd floor, etc etc
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by igbanbajo(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2011
abialic:

I served in Ekiti, one of d poorest in terms of Corper's welfare, never influenced my posting, my monthly allowee ws around 10k. D sch I served with only paid pure water(1k), but as luck(God) will have it I made my 1st million in life courtesy of d gubernatorial rerun elections. We were drafted 2serve as Presiding/polling officers. A day 2d election we were briefed by agents of a leading pol party at d end of which a Ghana-must-go filled with 9mill ws handed us as entertainment. Guess what, out of greediness & impatience, our fellow comrades couldn't stand d 'heat' even after assurances dat each of us'll go home wd 25k. What ensued was a free 4all scramble 4d Greek gift. 2God b d glory  I ws able 2help myself wd 2bundles of neatly tied crisp notes of 1k. That has been a turnin pnt in my life. I'v invested it wisely & right now furthering my studies. My advice: leave everythin 2GOD, u never knw what lies ahead my guy. Yours may take a different story. Good luck! 

Agree with the highlighted part, but the source of the money is bad. Only good if you took the money with the intention of doing what you know is right.

2 Likes

Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by lowee231: 8:44pm On May 23, 2011
@ Victor Abia

So what happened after you took the money?
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by queensmith: 8:46pm On May 23, 2011
abialic:

I served in Ekiti, one of d poorest in terms of Corper's welfare, never influenced my posting, my monthly allowee ws around 10k. D sch I served with only paid pure water(1k), but as luck(God) will have it I made my 1st million in life courtesy of d gubernatorial rerun elections. We were drafted 2serve as Presiding/polling officers. A day 2d election we were briefed by agents of a leading pol party at d end of which a Ghana-must-go filled with 9mill ws handed us as entertainment. Guess what, out of greediness & impatience, our fellow comrades couldn't stand d 'heat' even after assurances dat each of us'll go home wd 25k. What ensued was a free 4all scramble 4d Greek gift. 2God b d glory  I ws able 2help myself wd 2bundles of neatly tied crisp notes of 1k. That has been a turnin pnt in my life. I'v invested it wisely & right now furthering my studies. My advice: leave everythin 2GOD, u never knw what lies ahead my guy. Yours may take a different story. Good luck! 
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by queensmith: 8:47pm On May 23, 2011
so is nobody going to answer the ops question?? are you all going to start preaching and praying?? what is wrong with you people gan sef? i don tire for nigerians! kmt

abeg op go and google it and let me know the results!

also- dont firms like pwc and the likes take NYSC??
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Mayflowa(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2011
P & G pays as much as N250,OOO plus a car to serving corper. You can try them
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Saraha1(f): 9:09pm On May 23, 2011
What a pity'well i would't blame you is the situation of Nigeria.One advice i will like to give, is to allow God have his way.many children could be waiting for you to impact positively into their life .aspect where ever God want you to go.(under the sun or in the rain with dedication .etc.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by xtremeidea(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2011
[size=13pt]

But seriously why blaming him for placing money first? look at it from another angle, if u were to work in line with your career, and your career company offers to pay u 20k as a corper, (them even try, some will pay less). then another offer comes from another company outside your career of choice n they are willing to pay 50 + more, tell me which would u go for?

How many people here are truly working in line with their career? An engineer finishes school and gets a job as a teller or sumtin related in a bank!!! thatz d naija factor u no!!!

@Poster plz if u get a better offer else where, abeg no dull urself. Grab it with arms wide open!!!  angry angry angry angry
[/size]
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Alexboyo: 10:11pm On May 23, 2011
What a rich topic,so much to gain from it.Pls i need to know the actual date for batch B NYSC 2011.
Would the camp b opened in June or July.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Debokan: 11:04pm On May 23, 2011
Go serve for NPF dem dey pay beta money.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 23, 2011
Instead of you to work towards getting a good job after service so that you don't end up staying without a job for years,you are here asking where you can make money within a year.How the hell do you think you can serve in NNPC,CBN or oil companies when you are not connected ?
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Debokan: 11:33pm On May 23, 2011
Instead of you to work towards getting a good job after service so that you don't end up staying without a job for years,you are here asking where you can make money within a year.How the hell do you think you can serve in NNPC,CBN or oil companies when you are not connected ?
[b]HELP ME ASK AM.[/b]
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On May 23, 2011
dayokanu:

[size=18pt]INEC office Giade LGA Bauchi State[/size]
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by 3seriez(m): 1:46am On May 24, 2011
In telecoms, etisalat pay corpers more than any others + free transport,medical n credit. But you go work for your money hard. And d experience is worth it. But they dont usually retain except u are xceptionally good,

Mtn pay 20k,+ transport, no credit. And u go work die, experience worth it 2

Airtel pay around d same 20-25k range, with a lot of work 2. Dnt kno about their welfare since d indians took over. I heard its not so good for permanent staff now talkless of corper,
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Rhino5dm: 5:21am On May 24, 2011
Wait until you are posted to Amadaka in Eastern obolo where sandly will turn your skin into semi leper and your misery is increasing at per second rate, then you can ask us how much are they paying corpers.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by hamdana: 5:52am On May 24, 2011
3seriez:

In telecoms, etisalat pay corpers more than any others + free transport,medical n credit. But you go work for your money hard. And d experience is worth it. But they dont usually retain except u are xceptionally good,

Airtel pay around d same 20-25k range, with a lot of work 2. Dnt kno about their welfare since d indians took over. I heard its not so good for permanent staff now talkless of corper,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the information.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by graper: 6:22am On May 24, 2011
does anyone know if oil companies retain corpers? like mobil or shell
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Rhino5dm: 7:59am On May 24, 2011
I know mobil used to retain chunk of corpers after service which they normally place on contract staff.

So depending on who pushing for you, you can be converted to regular staff.

graper:

does anyone know if oil companies retain corpers? like mobil or shell
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by verbena: 8:41am On May 24, 2011
Etisalat pays 50k and you get 20k credit , free health care through a health insurance company called expatcare and a bag of rice at Christmas. if you thinking bout getting retained then go elsewhere.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by seunallday: 8:49am On May 24, 2011
KPMG, PWC pay amongst the highest, but then are you going to waltz in with your posting letter in hand?

abialic:

I served in Ekiti, one of d poorest in terms of Corper's welfare, never influenced my posting, my monthly allowee ws around 10k. D sch I served with only paid pure water(1k), but as luck(God) will have it I made my 1st million in life courtesy of d gubernatorial rerun elections. We were drafted 2serve as Presiding/polling officers. A day 2d election we were briefed by agents of a leading pol party at d end of which a Ghana-must-go filled with 9mill ws handed us as entertainment. Guess what, out of greediness & impatience, our fellow comrades couldn't stand d 'heat' even after assurances dat each of us'll go home wd 25k. What ensued was a free 4all scramble 4d Greek gift. 2God b d glory I ws able 2help myself wd 2bundles of neatly tied crisp notes of 1k. That has been a turnin pnt in my life. I'v invested it wisely & right now furthering my studies. My advice: leave everythin 2GOD, u never knw what lies ahead my guy. Yours may take a different story. Good luck!

Wasere, sharp guy, LWKMD. Its written in the bible, in the book of , " Get your money mehn"
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Pain(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2011
NURTW - National Union of Road Transport Workers. undecided
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by ypad: 8:56am On May 24, 2011
my dear, just pray they do not post u to the northern part of Nigeria. Honestly speaking i do not trust the promised by FG that corpers to the north 'll be secure. You should be more worry about the posting and forget about money for now.

As for building a career in Nigeria, it does not exist. Majority of banks staff are Engineers, scientist. You can build up your career by applying for Master's in your field of study in any developed country. Try Finland, i learnt they have free tuition fee for  masters student.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by 9jarocks(m): 9:04am On May 24, 2011
PHCN pays well for Electrical Engineers,

You go dey move from 1 pole to the other & peeps go def rebate u. wink
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Jarus(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2011
Around 2006/2007 when I served, StanbicIBTC was paying 106k per month for a youth corper but you would have passed through normal recruitment process of test, interviews with EDs and CEO etc shortly before goin for service. A friend served there. But after finishing serving, the pay only rose marginally to around 120k.

But they cut it to 30k after my friend's set.

Most investment banking firms used to pay corpers 50k then but I don't know whether they have cut it now.

Now, most firms pay between 25-40k for corpers, but not just corper NYSC posts there, the ones that scale their internal selection(test) process.
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by jpphilips(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2011
Only a few persons could answer a simple question, the rest want to continue from where their pastors ended, most times i wonder how this system Nigeria functions.

@ OP

the way you sound seems like you have the contacts, NYSC is a sure waste of precious "irrevocable" one year, your country since birth doesn't deserve to be served,i think the people to serve Nigeria should be Swiss bank, IMF and Govt contractors.

Don't make the mistake of joining any big coy now at this stage, if you have interest in oil and gas, go for servicing coys for this one year so u can get some experience, 90% of big coys will leave you jobless immediately after your service year, trust me there are smaller coys that pay well and will beg you to stay after your service.
the choice is yours

NB
don't event think abt PH, you will end up in a riverine secondary school grin grin grin
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Abuleoshi: 11:09am On May 24, 2011
3seriez (m)
Abuja

Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers
« #50 on: Today at 01:46:31 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airtel pay around d same 20-25k range, with a lot of work 2. Dnt kno about their welfare since d indians took over. I heard its not so good for permanent staff now talkless of corper.

Bros no talk wetin u no know.mtn pays 25k,staff bus,6k credit and plenty work that translates into learning and working experience! Also retainment for 3 months nd full employment if you stand out. @OP press ur bottom HARD AND GET A GOOD PLACE WHERE U WILL LEARN FORGET MONEY 4 NOW!
Re: Which Institution Offers The Highest Salary For Nysc Workers by Gift4all(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2011
lowee231:

@ Victor Abia

So what happened after you took the money?

He shared the money with you!

I like this thread, good advices, decent posts, unlike nairaland etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Arrests Female Soldier Who Was Proposed To By A Corps Member(Pictures). / Nysc Discharge Certificate, Exemption And Exclusion Letter / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.