Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC (55441 Views)

How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Sluacoast(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

From the tone of your message, you are unintentionally supporting fraud, or let me say rationalizing it.
There is dignity in labour, there is always something one can do.
Most Nigerians come from poor homes anyways, so where is this "shame" and "humiliation" coming from?
If its say someone from an upper middle class home, I'll say maybe the shame is applicable
But for most of these lot, there is no basis for that
Rationalizing what. That's just the bitter truth. If the system fails to improve on the unemployment sector. Things will go really more berserk than this. what I'm telling you is still the same excuses you'd hear from the mouth of this people if you asked them why do they indulged into fraudulent act. Haven't you asked yourself why is everybody trying to flee away from the country in any given opportunity. It's because of the frustration in Nigeria. Things are getting costly daily. Fix the community and watch the rates of crime fall drastically. Failure to do that. Get ready to catch more Yahoo boys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by watchindelta(m): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
Spectaclesawe25:
Majority of those guys doing skit and give aways with numerous followers on IG are yahoo boys.
I have a staff member(Clerical officer) whose monthly income averages #40k, He was a victim of these guys. They wiped his account (300k) within 10mins. Money kept for house rent and his child's school fees.
I wish the FG can be more strict on the purnishment if caught, you won't know what it feels like falling into the hands of these guys until you experience one.
how do they get access to your friend account?
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by blackgold2018(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG
I'm not in support with them Yahoo boys.
But you just have to mind your business. It's breeds envy and bitterness
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Forgodsgrace: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Daum:
I just want to say Sardine is now #800.
Thats how bad the country is. Efcc recovers loots from yahoo boys and the case of Magu is done. What is Efcc doing about the NDDC audit. Ex Abia state governor is going and coming out of jail. I don't think i saw a mugshot of him.

Come on, lets be honest here, how do you treat yahoo boys like this and let corrupt politicians enjoy themselves. Something is wrong with this country. I have said it, and i will continue to say it, all security agencies are tools of oppression to the common man on the street.

Before yahoo boys came, only politicians rode big cars, only them could hold lavish parties and sleep with young girls. Now they see rivalry and they are angry. The political elite is angry that young people are stealing faster than them. That's just their pain and nothing else.

They are not fighting corruption

It’s because southerners are docile and too weak.With the way things are going almost 70% southern youths would be ex convict ,if this agency is not being checked.
How many Abokis that are providing accounts for these boys are being arrested?They remain untouchable because they are northerners and here they are arresting our youths tagging them criminals.
Last time a 21 yr bought Gwagon for his girlfriend and latest iPhone ,nobody questioned him but if it were to be a southerners he would have been arrested and paraded.
It’s now a crime for a 35years man to live a good life or drives a good car and some a never do well urchins are hailing them.
Everybody go dey alright at last .

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by femlad97(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sysdatek:

Why should you chat with someone you don't know
na africa juju/charm now....pray make u jam scammers
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
If only you spend just half this energy trying to face the real danger which are the politicians maybe Nigeria for better small
FreeStuffsNG:
Their landlords, parents and their close friends enjoying the proceeds of crime with them all need to be part of the mug shot and those who should get sufficient deterent. Taking the mug shots of the alleged internet fraudsters is not enough. Those their friends already on the verge of joining them in the crime will soon realise that it's not worth it.

It is not joblessness!! It's greed, laziness , bad parenting and horrible company! Give them work today to resume and work , it's one excuse after the other right from their first day of resumption yet they are the ones who will be mentioning the kind of cars and phones Davido, Wizkid, Ronaldo drive and how they want those luxuries like bad.

They even mock their friends and siblings earning legitimate and modest incomes. Smh.

LASG should henceforth withdraw the CofO of those landlords enabling them by giving out their properties to them and parade their parents too for not reporting them first to government when they see the luxurious questionable lifestyles their children live.

My advice to you if you already feeling bad and thinking that your internet fraudsters acquaintance is ahead of you, it is not!! He or she will end up in penury while the honest legitimate modest income you have today would become blessed and bigger as you legitimately and steadily build your wealth. Tell them to their face, " they're the losers, not you."
FreeStuffsNG

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Brushstrokes20: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
Yes o!.... While Abuja is the hotbed of treasury looters and criminal politicians grin

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
Adakintroy:
A thieve is a thieve. No be by country hard. Nigeria is not hard. Life is.

The people who wrote thou shall not steal lived in tents in wilderness. Na heart thing.
Apt....

Mind you, Hisbah is an offshoot of EFCC too.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
BornRicch:

You're very slow. Get a life kid. Yahooboys don't care about you when their time is up they will gadly face the consequence. Live your life.
Guilty conscience at play here.
See who is calling someone a kid grin cheesy
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by emysmile: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hmm sadHmm
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
Adakintroy:
A thieve is a thieve. No be by country hard. Nigeria is not hard. Life is.

The people who wrote thou shall not steal lived in tents in wilderness. Na heart thing.
Tell them
They dont want to accept the truth

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
Daum:
I just want to say Sardine is now #800.
Thats how bad the country is. Efcc recovers loots from yahoo boys and the case of Magu is done. What is Efcc doing about the NDDC audit. Ex Abia state governor is going and coming out of jail. I don't think i saw a mugshot of him.

Come on, lets be honest here, how do you treat yahoo boys like this and let corrupt politicians enjoy themselves. Something is wrong with this country. I have said it, and i will continue to say it, all security agencies are tools of oppression to the common man on the street.

Before yahoo boys came, only politicians rode big cars, only them could hold lavish parties and sleep with young girls. Now they see rivalry and they are angry. The political elite is angry that young people are stealing faster than them. That's just their pain and nothing else.

They are not fighting corruption
See mentality of someone undecided
Na wa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by VTJN(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
More than 70% of Nigerian youths are into crime

We ain't that contented being broke and unemploymed/underemployed.

Nevertheless, cyber crime isn't an option for some of us

We are very much hopeful making it legit. Besides, we don't necessarily had to amass all wealth before being tagged successful.

Very greedy sets of nonentity, who are bent on making it at all cost

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sluacoast:

Rationalizing what. That's just the bitter truth. If the system fails to improve on the unemployment sector. Things will go really more berserk than this. what I'm telling you is still the same excuses you'd hear from the mouth of this people if you asked them why they indulged into fraudulent act. Haven't you asked yourself why is everybody trying to flee away from the country in any given opportunity. It's because of the frustration in Nigeria. Things are getting costly daily. Fix the community and watch the rates of crime fall drastically. Failure to do that. Get ready to catch more Yahoo boys
If what you are saying is the caee (which I am arguing is not really the case)
Why then do many many Nigerian youths go abroad and still commit crimes
USA and UK has arrested so many Nigerians doing crimes there
What excuse do they then have
They are in countries that they can become a decent citizen if they work hard.
Why then are they still committing crimes out there?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
blackgold2018:
I'm not in support with them Yahoo boys.
But you just have to mind your business. It's breeds envy and bitterness
Your tone betrays the message

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Style007(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
Tomahawk99:
Dating na suffer-head. Do BEC or Ransomware. cheesy
What’s up bro
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by RodgersAkpafu: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Myhusband:
God knows I can't be a Yahoo boy and still continue after making cool millions, imagine hitting 10m then become a sub distributor of varieties of goods in a new developing areas, buying shares of 2m and focus on wealth building

Nigeria Yahoo boys dupe white, Nigeria ladies dupe them back and another bf of Nigeria ladies dupe the ladies back and the duping keep recycling

person wey him papa never count 1m once will hit 3m the next thing na to be sleeping in hotels, buying cars and iPhone to olosho called gf, you can't flirt with a local street girl again when she dey collect 100k per week from yahoo boy, I even heard one 22years old Yahoo boy place her 20yrs gf on wages

set of idiots
You aptly describe the life of these riff raffs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by chatinent: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
They look proud.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Komu1048(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
fergie0o1:

EFCC

The same lekki we dey go every day? This guys r not Yahoo boiz but street urchins with fake accounts

The real ones has choice properties in top estate n they can’t be touched
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Daum: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

See mentality of someone undecided
Na wa o

You can say whatever you want to say but you see me, i once believed so much in this country. I So believed in Nigeria when i was young. I would sing the national anthem with so much vigor. The last time young people sang this same anthem with vigor, the government opened fire on them in last year. That's the country i live in. A country that doesn't like young people. I don't care whatever you want to say but this leaders that we have never want to see young people become independent. They want you to worship them. They give out peanuts as salaries and wages to people so young people can beg. Go out on the streets and see young people suffering and in poverty and anguish. Sometimes i ask myself how do people survive this hardship. Nigeria is becoming so hard and being a young person now is so difficult in this country. See young people begging for 3k just to eat. No jobs. The few who have jobs are paid wages that are not in reality with the present times. There are no jobs. When young people decide to farm, they are beheaded in rice fields up north. They are killed in their farms down south. They can't access tractors. You expect them to be productive when they have no electricity. When their peers in other nations are living their lives to the fullest.

Go look at the young soldiers that died in Afghanistan for their country. People in 20s. Did you see their parents cursing America. See how they are honored because they died for a system that works. God forbid that i die for Nigeria. Am i mad.

Please, till we reduce the systemic corruption in government, i will continue to see every security agency as a tool of the elite and bourgeois in oppressing the protelariats

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
If you be yahoo boy, Satan go punish you. You will have a terrible end.

Cursed animals

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by geechy: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Anybody with dread na Yahoo boy?
I'm asking because I see alot of dreaded guys in the pictures
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Dpundict: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
More efforts needs to be put in by the agency. The intimidation by these guys here in Ajah/badore is something else. They make us who live legit lives feel inferior as if certificates has no value and we went to school to learn how to be foolish and broke

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Connected1: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
Verysmart101:

Have u ever built a house in ur entire life? Are the landlords super human to know the type of business they indulge in? Will a tenant seeking for apartment ever admit to a landlord they are into yahoo? Stop being ridiculous or envious of landlords simply cos u havnt built any structure.
You don't own a house either.

A responsible landlords makes sure all his tenants have something legitimate doing, yahoo boys are easily spotted except few of them.

If they are freelancers or something else that's legit they would know.

Majority of the landlords in where I live gives preferences to yahoo boys because they pay well.

An apartment that's supposed to be for 400k annually, a yahoo boy would pay 1m for two years.

Tell me won't you accept it.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by toxict14: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
This EFCC is lazy. What is Alleged computer related fraud? They should be specific.
Smart Lawyers can take advantage of this.
Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by GasAndOilTheory(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Produke:
My classmate for uniben dat year
As work no dey, person gaz hustle

1 Like

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Sluacoast(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

If what you are saying is the caee (which I am arguing is not really the case)
Why then do many many Nigerian youths go abroad and still commit crimes
USA and UK has arrested so many Nigerians doing crimes there
What excuse do they then have
They are in countries that they can become a decent citizen if they work hard.
Why then are they still committing crimes out there?
Nigeria still has a long way to go. Crime has been the normal ordeal of the day. There's a saying that charity begins at home. our musician are glorifying yahooism and it's becoming normal thingy in Nigeria music industry. Gullible Nigerians doesn't see crime as anything. It all started From the faulty economy and it's hitting deep down into the mindsets of Nigeria that quick money scheme is the only way forward to make money. Such kind of mindset doesn't go down easily. It takes time, patient and dedication. Those guys you see abroad still carrying out their fraudulent means in abroad were once living in Nigeria. They did all they can do to escape Nigeria so they can avoid all the harassment from the efcc and other authorities Bodies. If you're waiting for them to change. You're wasting your time. I'm telling you from experience. It's not easy to stop something you've develop so much interest on. The teeming youth are looking for ways to join the Yahoo team. The only way to kill such mindsets. Provide more job, work on the electricity. This will take a lot of years to amend, it's no different from a football team trying to build back their fame. It's gonna take time but if all these basic amenities ain't work on time most especially the employment sector. Desperate Nigerians will continue to do crime and you cannot stop it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by bizzibodi(m): 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Why are those guys so dumb must they all have signatures:like dreadlocks, particular cars & hanging small pouches.
Let government create better jobs for d youths we can't all join kidnappers, yahooboys,armed Bandits...but their ineptitude & mismanaged economy are forcing us to.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by 5ThChild: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2021
All of you complaining about Yahoo boys are wasting your time

Please is you can see this, I lost my job this February. Please for the sake of God, kindly teach me any kind of Yahoo I can USE to sustain my life.

There is no no tunnel and there is no hope at the end of anywhere. Abeg brothers... Help a bro out... Life is very difficulty

Please I am humbly asking

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by VTJN(m): 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sluacoast:

Rationalizing what. That's just the bitter truth. If the system fails to improve on the unemployment sector. Things will go really more berserk than this. what I'm telling you is still the same excuses you'd hear from the mouth of this people if you asked them why they indulged into fraudulent act. Haven't you asked yourself why is everybody trying to flee away from the country in any given opportunity. It's because of the frustration in Nigeria. Things are getting costly daily. Fix the community and watch the rates of crime fall drastically. Failure to do that. Get ready to catch more Yahoo boys
I beg to differ on this

Greediness is the driving force behind these guys

If i should narrate how i passed through school practically living from hand to mouth. No hostel, i squatted all through. Yet came out top of the class

Why didn't i resorts to crime despite having more than 80% of my course mates engaged into such act? I had a neighbour (a young guy) whose father was a senior staff in Nestle, his mum wss a farmer

He's the first son. This guy had joined his fellow colleagues indulged in cyber crime. This guy will be 21 this year. His parents provides everything for him. This was someone i know pretty well. I asked him why'd he considered cyber crime as an alternative despite being taken care of by his parents? he muttered, claiming the allowances from his parents isn't enough to live a good and comfortable life

A 21 years old boy o. This was someone that do give me cassava flakes (garri) back then in school. He knows my stories. He knows how much i envied him and so wish my family was like his.

I'm out of school, still job hunting here and there. Yet, it never for once occurred to me to consider cyber crime, rubbery or what have you as an option. Never!!!

If i don't know of any of these Yahoo guys too well. This 21 years old boy is well known to me. He got into it so that he could have access to some luxuries

Not hunger, not joblessness et al

These are set of greedy people that are bent on making it at all cost. They're worst than Buhari that they always abused. They'd likely do worse if given the opportunity.

Interestingly, these set of people often make jest of us. Probably because we are broke, unemployed or perhaps underemployed. They seek for nonesense update in swindling someone's hard earned money

Forget it, these people no be am.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Darreytinho10(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Even Buhari na babala Yahoos grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Now Hotbed Of Cybercrime, 402 Suspects Arrested In 3 Months - EFCC by Kayodeblaze(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Normally! Normal people fit rent or buy house for Lekki in the first place

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Yahoo Boys' In Togo Targeting Nigerian Politicians To Scam Foreigners. Photos / Serial Rapist Who Tore Girl's Private Part Apprehended In Lagos. Photos / 24-year-old Groom-to-be Dies After Quarreling With Girlfriend (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.