Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site (22802 Views)

I Have Been Robbed By My Workers. Please Help! / Part Time On-site Job / Uchenna Obigwe Exposes How Many Months Workers Are Owed In Abia State (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
Half of my workers are mid range over 48-55, and constitute the set of people who like to cheat me , I've been extremely nice to my workers in such a way you'll always love to work with me, I pay them promptly , sometimes cook for them and made sure they see enough gain when buying materials aside from their workmanship fee....

There's this carpenter that has been working for me over 2 weeks, he seemed cool at first and sweet coated whenever he dishes me daily report about his work and how well coordinated he works, I decided to give him a trial in the first place but the first work he did was so unsatisfactory he got me angry , someone over 40 years older than me, I gave him money to get nails for me which he never bought for the work , when I requested for the pack of nails he bought he gave me unreasonable excuses... And he was someone who was literally begging to get the job misbehaving to me....

as if that's not enough, I caught my bricklayer with a vehicle to the site loading over 4 bags of cement into the little van they brought, I wish I could record the shock all over his face and the way he was stammering .. And decent guy who I thought was reasonable enough to handle things for me, I sacked the motherfucker, the new one I employed is even worse, he thinks I'm a small buy kus I'm 22 and maybe he's feeling Intimidated by the portfolio of work I'm handling....

so many instances I can't even mention, after showing them love and care, allowing them to eat even when you are paying them well, they'll go at any length to rip you off...

please always open your eyes ooo, most of these worker's but not all are fond of acting crazy and take people they work for granted on site, they feel they are always smarter than. everyone else in the room and know how to cheat their way around you.... we have to do better and more as human, greed is unnecessary a d won't define breakthrough .moment for anybody...

smiley

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by lomprico(m): 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
I always say this, nobody is going to heaven!

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by luv2rolly(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
You will continue to get rip off until you treat business as business. no free meal ticket on site but if they want free meals they should come to the house

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Crossroad1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
Are you the supervisor, site engineer or owner of project?

Modified - - as a supervisor, whatever goes on in that site depends on how you manage it. Make someone a scape goat in that site and see things change for the better..
I don't handle my workers with iron hands in fact, I am very lenient with them but If just one person do anyhow, I make sure everyone involve suffer for it...
Am the coolest person you can ever meet but with a touch of mushin madness

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by lifenija: 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
that's Nigerians for u.
fuking religious being but evil n cunning.

just change all of them simple

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by jaeyking(m): 12:05am On Sep 05, 2021
Treat business as business

In Nigeria today.
Do the right tin as the work described.

Did your work include free ticket meal for them.

Anyone caught doing wrong sack the person

Thousands honest people are ready to fill that spot

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by yanabasee2: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2021
lifenija:
that's Nigerians for u.
fuking religious being but evil n cunning.

just change all of them simple

This is why I set an instance to a friend.... He tried to compare Nigeria with the whites.. I told him that a white man is 100% sincere and will admits to their crimes if they do... But a black man will never admits to their crimes... yet they keep stealing from others to get rich...

That's why our politicians steal from the government and sees it as a good thing since they're not stealing from somebody's bag..

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
Just pure gesture and this is something I do often for my workers out of pure will, but not everytime but often enough for them to start thinking this guy na maga grin
jaeyking:
Treat business as business

In Nigeria today.
Do the right tin as the work described.

Did your work include free ticket meal for them.

Anyone caught doing wrong sack the person

Thousands honest people are ready to fill that spot

4 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
Supervisor and I was the one that designed the building
Crossroad1:
Are you the supervisor, site engineer or owner of project?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
I already excluded that from my end, I'm a very nice person, sometimes the way I reason influenced my decision to do meal free for then as often as possible, even though there is no way it's affecting me , though as I usually include them in my budgetary provision anytime I make bill for clients, this motherfuckers where now seeing that gesture as an act of foolishness from my end, grin, after all all of us na human and all this little thing barely matters to me as a person
luv2rolly:
You will continue to get rip off until you treat business as business. no free meal ticket on site but if they want free meals they should come to the house

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by DropsMic(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2021

Normal thing. Most Nigerian workers lack integrity
They will beg you for a job and when you eventually give them one they will rob you blind.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by gisanik411: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by FILEBE(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
We are the problems of Nigeria. These same workers will go home and be blaming government for everything o.

Some Staffs of government parastatals are so corrupt that you wonder If they learned it from the womb. From the lowest level it gets to the highest level of government. Then, we will come and start blaming the government for everything. Like the government is a group of Aliens .

Moral Education should be taught all through Nursery school to University.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Ancecoker(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
cool
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by kestolove95(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
I strongly believe ur workers are ndi dot people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by onoms4luv(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2021
Hunger dey make people dey do rubbish.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Theoutsider: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:
Half of my workers are mid range over 48-55, and constitute the set of people who like to cheat me , I've been extremely nice to my workers in such a way you'll always love to work with me, I pay them promptly , sometimes cook for them and made sure they see enough gain when buying materials aside from their workmanship fee....

There's this carpenter that has been working for me over 2 weeks, he seemed cool at first and sweet coated whenever he dishes me daily report about his work and how well coordinated he works, I decided to give him a trial in the first place but the first work he did was so unsatisfactory he got me angry , someone over 40 years older than me, I gave him money to get nails for me which he never bought for the work , when I requested for the pack of nails he bought he gave me unreasonable excuses... And he was someone who was literally begging to get the job misbehaving to me....

as if that's not enough, I caught my bricklayer with a vehicle to the site loading over 4 bags of cement into the little van they brought, I wish I could record the shock all over his face and the way he was stammering .. And decent guy who I thought was reasonable enough to handle things for me, I sacked the motherfucker, the new one I employed is even worse, he thinks I'm a small buy kus I'm 22 and maybe he's feeling Intimidated by the portfolio of work I'm handling....

so many instances I can't even mention, after showing them love and care, allowing them to eat even when you are paying them well, they'll go at any length to rip you off...

please always open your eyes ooo, most of these worker's but not all are fond of acting crazy and take people they work for granted on site, they feel they are always smarter than. everyone else in the room and know how to cheat their way around you.... we have to do better and more as human, greed is unnecessary a d won't define breakthrough .moment for anybody...

smiley

The success of your business is not who you hire, but who you fire.

5 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Suspect33(m): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Nigerians are the worst, both leaders and ordinary people

Stop being nice to them, be the stereotypical Nigerian boss. That's why I love gt bank, before they employ you they'll take you to prison to see what awaits you when u misbehave

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by zedegit: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley

Nawaoh.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Cornerwealth: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley

They are looking down on you because of your age and that's very clear. You have any elder brother, uncle or friend who can go to the site with you a couple of times to throw them off? So they don't think you are the sole manager of the contract.

3 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by faithfull18(f): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
It's a Nigerian thing, they call it smartness. With the kind of people we have now, integrity is scarce

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by damola1: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Human nature.

1. First and foremost Read about hr as too many shitty HR: hire an hr person
2. Design your org chart
3. Hire your priorities: guessing project manager etc

#myopinion
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by OfficialGaGa(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Bros na because dem never hear ur story/ gist b4....

omo if u don mad, craze follow some, arrest some, jail some for weeks, owe dem money for like 3 months, pay youths carry them come site to beat some of ur workers, den use police arrest the rest of them.... change am for some of dem......

the remaining lucky bastards go behave well...

like someone said up there, "The success of ur business is not who you hire but who u fire"

5 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by eleko1: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2021
sad that’s life/human for u.A goat will remain a goat no mata how u treat them.If u are strict,they’ll call u wicked.Young man,go source ur workforce @ ur place of worship.Even though not all will be honest but u’ll still Experience lil peace of mind than those thieves ur pick on roadsides
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Finnese001: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2021
grin
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2021
Stop rewarding incompetence

1 Like

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by jieta: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2021
That's how one i ask to mould blocks for me, i gave him thirty cement to mould he mould twenty six and pocket the remaining ones i ask him, he told me it was the boy he gave the work that refuse to mould the remaining ones. Is been four months now and the idiot has not mould the remaining four bags

At op there are obviously underrating you. Is best that if you can't be at your site then there should be no work that day if not you will use money for a flat to build one room.

8 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by PENISgod: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2021
U
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by compton11(m): 9:25am On Sep 06, 2021
Just sack all of them niggas and employ another serious workers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.