Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,479 members, 7,850,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All (812 Views)

The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense / Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference / God Doesn't Make Sense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by TechMod(m): 1:44am On Sep 05, 2021
What's the point of existing if we're just going to die? watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkQPy-rLbQ
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by doggedfighter(f): 2:01am On Sep 05, 2021
Why all the hard work when we will still die? undecided

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Sep 05, 2021
doggedfighter:
Isn't it all about finding some semblance of meaning in this meaningless existence of ours? undecided
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by xproducer: 2:36am On Sep 05, 2021
Death is a cosmic consequence / result of sin.

To quote a theologian (R.C. Sproul) from the title "The Holiness of God": “Sin is cosmic treason. Sin is treason against a perfectly pure Sovereign. It is an act of supreme ingratitude toward the One to whom we owe everything, to the One who has given us life itself. Have you ever considered the deeper implications of the slightest sin, of the most minute peccadillo? What are we saying to our Creator when we disobey Him at the slightest point? We are saying no to the righteousness of God. We are saying, “God, Your law is not good. My judgement is better than Yours. Your authority does not apply to me. I am above and beyond Your jurisdiction. I have the right to do what I want to do, not what You command me to do.

The beginning of the thing:
"And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” - Genesis 2:16-18

The effect of the thing:
"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." - Romans 5:14

GOD is the righteous Creator (Colossians 1:16) and Judge (Psalm 7:11, Psalm 50:6, Psalm 75:7) to Whom all Power belongs (Psalm 62:11), and to Whom all souls belong (Ezekiel 18:4)!

"Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand." - Deuteronomy 32:39

The Solution to the problem:
Thank GOD, the giver of life, for so great a salvation in mercifully and gracefully creating and securing a way of escape for many who have come to truly trust in the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - the Substitute / Propitiation for His people and our sins!

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23 (Also see Ezekiel 18:32).

+++

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

There is purpose, joy and reward in loving and serving the living GOD (per the first greatest commandment - Matthew 22:36-40), and by extension in serving others (per the second greatest commandment -Mark 12:31)... and not only oneself to one's own detriment!
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by doggedfighter(f): 2:37am On Sep 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Isn't it all about finding some semblance of meaning in this meaningless existence of ours? undecided

Is there even any semblance of meaning in it at all?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Emilokoiyawon: 3:10am On Sep 05, 2021
It makes sense when you realize that you are no different from a plant or weed. Here today, gone tomorrow. Humble yourself and die peacefully. Nothing like heaven or hell. People just like to assume they are more than what they actually are.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Ever8090: 4:45am On Sep 05, 2021
I love God but this your sermon did not answer anything, I think it's a total waste of read considering the question on ground it will make sense on a topic but not this one....
xproducer:
Death is a cosmic consequence / result of sin.

To quote a theologian (R.C. Sproul) from the title "The Holiness of God": “Sin is cosmic treason. Sin is treason against a perfectly pure Sovereign. It is an act of supreme ingratitude toward the One to whom we owe everything, to the One who has given us life itself. Have you ever considered the deeper implications of the slightest sin, of the most minute peccadillo? What are we saying to our Creator when we disobey Him at the slightest point? We are saying no to the righteousness of God. We are saying, “God, Your law is not good. My judgement is better than Yours. Your authority does not apply to me. I am above and beyond Your jurisdiction. I have the right to do what I want to do, not what You command me to do.

The beginning of the thing:
"And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” - Genesis 2:16-18

The effect of the thing:
"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." - Romans 5:14

GOD is the righteous Creator (Colossians 1:16) and Judge (Psalm 7:11, Psalm 50:6, Psalm 75:7) to Whom all Power belongs (Psalm 62:11), and to Whom all souls belong (Ezekiel 18:4)!

"Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand." - Deuteronomy 32:39

The Solution to the problem:
Thank GOD, the giver of life, for so great a salvation in mercifully and gracefully creating and securing a way of escape for many who have come to truly trust in the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - the Substitute / Propitiation for His people and our sins!

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23 (Also see Ezekiel 18:32).

+++

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

There is purpose, joy and reward in loving and serving the living GOD (per the first greatest commandment - Matthew 22:36-40), and by extension in serving others (per the second greatest commandment -Mark 12:31)... and not only oneself to one's own detriment!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by TechMod(m): 5:16am On Sep 05, 2021
doggedfighter:
What if.. just if, we existed for ever, do you think that's feasible?
I am not talking heaven or any religious bs just 100% human scientific ability..
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by TechMod(m): 5:17am On Sep 05, 2021
Ever8090:
I love God but this your sermon did not answer anything, I think it's a total waste of read considering the question on ground it will make sense on a topic but not this one....
Exactly.
Common amongst them.. avoiding questions in every way they see fit.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by obonujoker(m): 7:22am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

I am not talking heaven or any religious bs just 100% human scientific ability..

Man was intentionally created to live forever, and those deemed worthy will still live forever in the new world
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by obonujoker(m): 7:23am On Sep 05, 2021
At the final day, death itself will be destroyed....
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

Bible gave the reason for death and the advantages God turned death into

So as great as death is which man caused God wants to destroy it and turn it to our advantage

John 12:24
New International Version
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

New Living Translation
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.

1 Corinthians 15

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by BassReeves: 7:54am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

Just because 'we're just going to die' sic, is not a valid reason for saying that there's no point of existing or living.
Dying, is just as glorious as living

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2021
Ecclesiastes 9:11 smiley

TechMod:

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

Life can be defined as an absurdity in which certain things are simultaneously and accidentally exposed to reality

Life is pointless
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:
What's the point of existing if we're just going to die?

A car which jumps from a high mountain or a phone which goes swimming all choose to die rather continuing in their Living!

So whoever dies, CHOSE TO DIE!
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Life can be defined as an absurdity in which certain things are simultaneously and accidentally exposed to reality

Life is pointless

Life and living is always pointless to those who have lost their Life, for they do not have anything to gain even if they are still breathing and not yet "dead"!
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2021
obonujoker:

Man was intentionally created to live forever, and those deemed worthy will still live forever in the new world

Those who have not yet lost their Life or those who lost it but have found it and kept it till the Day of The Lord.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2021
doggedfighter:

Did God not curse all men with."Hard work and Hard Life?" (For you women, even worse, there is almost no Life for you people, as you people already know which is why you people do not bother yourselves to even work hard. It is already a vanity and a waste as you already know)

It is men who have Life to Lose and to Gain, for you women, your journey to Life is very very very far.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by doggedfighter(f): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

TechMod, have you ever thought about my question?

What's your take on it?
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2021
doggedfighter:

TechMod, have you ever thought about my question?

What's your take on it?

grin That's why we have cemeteries and graveyards, so that the dead may band together and depart from the living! grin
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2021
There's no inherent meaning in life. We're just part of a big cosmic joke. In the end, NOTHING matters.

Take your time to assimilate that, cause it took me decades to finally awake!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

So, Death does not make sense of any kind but an eternal existence does? undecided
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by xproducer: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
Ever8090:

----

If you truly love GOD you should know that no reading of any of the holy word of GOD - on or off topic (yet this is spot on!) - is a "total waste of read"!

Let any others be edified, intrigued, or encouraged.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Life and living is always pointless to those who have lost their Life, for they do not have anything to gain even if they are still breathing and not yet "dead"!

I need your help

It's urgent
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by TechMod(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, Death does not make sense of any kind but an eternal existence does? undecided
Yes.. it actually does.. we haven't even explored more 10% of our oceans..
Let's look at it from the universe perspective.. the universe is so big.. that even if we explored forever we wouldn't even cover half of it. Look at things we could figure out..
Existing forever makes actual sense.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
TechMod:

Yes.. it actually does.. we haven't even explored more 10% of our oceans..
Let's look at it from the universe perspective.. the universe is so big.. that even if we explored forever we wouldn't even cover half of it. Look at things we could figure out..
Existing forever makes actual sense.

Hmmmm

I can't say whether it makes sense or not since I can't experience it.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
HenryDion:
There's no inherent meaning in life. We're just part of a big cosmic joke. In the end, NOTHING matters.

Take your time to assimilate that, cause it took me decades to finally awake!!!

I need your help

It's urgent
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I need your help

It's urgent

How can I help?
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2021
HenryDion:

How can I help?

I am hopeless now

I work in a private school but we are on break and I have nothing to eat.

We have been on break since the beginning of August

I have not received any payment since then

My earnings are too small considering the issues to be addressed

I am even owing some people

I will appreciate whatever amount of money you can help me with.
Re: This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All by Dtruthspeaker: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I need your help
It's urgent

You always need help which is one of the things which only happens when a person Hates God, so I can not help you as you have Marked yourself!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ministry, My Marriage! / Do Not Read The Bible / My Religion And My Beliefs: You Are Free To Question And Critically Analyze Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.