Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series (29250 Views)

Mercedes Benz C Class Vs Bmw 3 Series Vs Audi A4 / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by tboy1(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2011
As the Subject states, which do you prefer and what's your main reason

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by tboy1(m): 1:31pm On May 23, 2011
more pics

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by snookies(f): 1:39pm On May 23, 2011
I love them both my brother, be like say you sabi beta thing. To answer your question I think the C major takes the price after an overall assesment in all the departments; luxury, ride quality, class. To me the Mercedes is the winner in this case.

But if you were to compare thier tricked out, performance based counterparts i.e the M3 and the C63AMG. The M3 would be the clear winner in that category
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by tboy1(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2011
snookies:

I love them both my brother, be like say you sabi beta thing. To answer your question I think the C major takes the price after an overall assesment in all the departments; luxury, ride quality, class. To me the Mercedes is the winner in this case.

But if you were to compare thier tricked out, performance based counterparts i.e the M3 and the C63AMG. The M3 would be the clear winner in that category

You're right. Personally i think the 3 series wins when we're talking about an everyday car but the c class benz wins when it comes to luxury, beauty & comfort. The c class benz Almond/Mocha Leather Interior together with the linguatronic voice activation is Mindblowing, the driving is slick and you'll feel so special when driving the benz. Downside is the benz will cost more to maintain
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by kuntash: 3:50pm On May 23, 2011
@ poster,  Mark my word and remember my comment here today,  you are in for a lengthy argument with this thread, 

such argument was about coming up on the Mercedes Benz thread, but we tried everything not to derail that thread,

I must say well done for creating this thread,  its a good arena for such debate,

so where are the BMW enthusiasts?, 

I thinks comments would be matured and better from someone that has used both vehicles,

I have driven a BMW 3 series just once, ,  I use a C class ,  so far its been fantastic, with the jist I hear from BMW owners as regards its suspension, I think thats really something to worry about owing to the terrain here in naija,  so for me, 1 point for Benz for that, grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by xcolanto(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
For me its the 3 series, just find the car too damn sexy wink tongue
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2011
I've always preferred BMW to Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes build quality has taken a hit in recent years, ever since production moved Stateside.

In terms of driver involvement (and enjoyment) the BMW does it, and very well too. Mercedes-Benz is a competent drive, but pretty staid, and uninvolving. Unless you go for an AMG version. BMW is a real driver's car, and you don't need to stretch to an M or Alpina to get a sporty drive in a family sedan.

The Mercedes-Benz V6 is no match for the BMW's I6, in terms of smoothness and flexibility. And BMW's SMG transmission is better than anything Mercedes can throw into the mix.

I could go on and on, but it would be pointless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Earlyjay: 4:54am On Oct 20, 2011
whenever you go for 3 series BMW,you will never go for benz again, Benz is a nice car,and a nice make of cars, but that was in the olden days, althoguh they still maintain their standards to today, i have driven benz and bmw cars, ofcourse i'm a car dealer, benz is veryyyyyyyyyyyy very cool when you are cruising it and its elengance,but when you drive bmw any class, till the same year model of any benz you drive,you will know that Benz is cool, but bmw is great!!!, they are both german cars,but bmw has taking over for over 10-15 years now,

i used mercedes benz 190,200,vboot230,c class,e class and CLK class with ML jeep,and i have used 3,5and 7 series of different model and when its also comes to spaort cars,a benz sport car can never overcome a bmw cars

thanks brothers, 1luv
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Ikenna351(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
If am to choose between Benz E class & BMW 5 series, i go run take BMW guy, with all alacrity! grin

Benz C & E class fine, but BMW 3 & 5 series make sense abeg! Even the interior of BMW beats Benz hands down biko!

Ikenna
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
Naaaah mehn!!!! u guys getting it all wrong. The BMW ain't no match for that mercedes cuz the ESC option in the Benz gives it the sporty feeling and That M3 Naaaaaaah! The M3 is a cool car anyways but The banz has it

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 2:53am On Nov 04, 2011
Owned a c class and now 3 series,driven a 5series. Both are amazing cars. I would take the BMW for fun drive, both have luxury maybe the benz has more class, bmw all the way!
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by paulo3(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2011
guys any time, any day, i will stick to the benz.
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Ikenna351(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
When you compare the two exteriors, Benz wins Beemer. But in the interior, Beemer wins. i wouldnt know about performance of the two since i havent driven any before. But the looks of Benz exterior can make one change mind about Beemer, i no go lie! Benz still get class pass Beemer somwhow grin

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ikenna,honestly speaking,bimmer feels better,drives better than a benz. I've driven both. If you haven't, drive one and see 4urself. Benz has class. Makes you feel like a man with plenty money. Both cars are great,above their japanese counterparts

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by kuntash: 8:49am On Feb 08, 2013
I wonder why such an interesting topic would be so cold... is it that there are very few owners of Benz or BMW on nairaland?

in my opinion, I have used both... and I think both rides are fantastic, however, I think I would take the 2000 model C-class in lieu of 2000 model 3series , both 6-cylinder engine.

driving the benz kinda gives more confidence on the road, I somewhat feel I could drive thru anywhere..

once again both are kool!
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
kuntash: I wonder why such an interesting topic would be so cold... is it that there are very few owners of Benz or BMW on nairaland?

in my opinion, I have used both... and I think both rides are fantastic, however, I think I would take the 2000 model C-class in lieu of 2000 model 3series , both 6-cylinder engine.

driving the benz kinda gives more confidence on the road, I somewhat feel I could drive thru anywhere..

once again both are kool!
the first time i drove my e36 along the sorry-state east-west highway, the car was a joy to drive, with its sound motor...though a 2.0l engine, its acceleration was unmatched by my previous Merc. c220...top end was another matter.
I could go all the way to 200km/h comfortably...
Comparing with the w202 C Class i had...well the 'c' was good too, but not as torquey as the bmw...and the performance was short sort of, the top end of the c was good but the BMW was awesome, the 320i is an inline-6 and the merc was a 4cyl...but again, the performance of the 318 is almost as good as the 320i...some even prefer it to the 320.
One significant revelation again was in the handling, both cars handled well, but it felt more fun swinging the bmw from side to side, especially circumventing the potholes in the east/west highway...the e46 is a different matter entirely.
I have also briefly played with the 203 c240, nice ride, so comfortable and it possesses that expensive aura when you sit in there, performance was good too, but it didnt feel as thrusty as the 323ci...though felt as heavy. Also interior of the 203 surpasses the e46 in terms of luxury and comfort. I think its also more spacious. My e46 is one tail-happy car, accelerate and take a turn and you know what i mean...both cars feel good. I haven't driving the 203 hard save for the w202 c220... Just my personal experience

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
The Mercedes-Benz C and E class are rot boxes. Mercedes-Benz is still fighting rust issues under warranty claims. You wouldn't expect a 2005 MB E320 to have rust, but that's exactly what's happening. Areas affected are:

001) Rear wheelarches.
002) Boot lid, around the lock, and below the licence plate.
003) Lower leading edge of the front doors.
004) Lower trailing edge of front wings.
005) Rear quarter panel around the fuel filler flap.
006) Leading edges of sunroof, where fitted.
007) Sunroof recess.
008) Front wings, around side repeater (before they were repositioned in door mirrors).
009) Rear valence (behind bumper).
010) Trailing edge of sills / rocker panels.

The last decent MB's were the W124 aka V-Boot. The current ones look pretty, but beauty's only skin deep. BMW had rust issues on the E30 and early E36, but they've gotten their act together, and things are looking good. BMW also look after their customers better. If your timing chain snaps, you get a new engine, no quibbles. MB will fight you, and drag it out. The most you'll get is a good-will gesture, but you'll still have to put your hand into your pocket for at least 50% of repair costs.

Parts availability? BMW still stock parts for the old 1602, and the Isotta! Now that's a marque that's keen to preserve their heritage.

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 1:53am On Feb 09, 2013
you mean body rust issues are not just off-major issues? I do alot of cars' window-shopping and i stumbled into this revelation on two occassions...the first: i was on my way to coscharis when i pulled over, to investigate this beautiful silver coloured c class (no iteration tagged on the trunk lid) parked just a few meters from my destination. It was going for N800,000 ''so cheap'' i smiled as i spoke to the vendor, while taking a walk towards the car, but on a close inspection i observed a lot of rusty patches all over the car,from the lower boot lid to the doors and around the wheel arc, also on the hood...peering through the window, the seats and other interior components were in perfect condition but the ignition barrel had been dislodged. I wasn't deterred by that but what gave me concern was the outer rusts...
Also coming out of a shop sometime ago, there was a gold coloured 203 parked beside my car, consumed by rust too. I ddn't take it as a manufacturer's defect (then) 'cos i also saw many good ones on the road. I still love them though, but i believe this must have been corrected on later editions.
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by xerotop(m): 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
When u drive a BMW, it feels like u r driving on a rail. Stable, balance , sporty, comfortable, sweet, interesting, abeg make una borrow me more English to use.
I av owned 2 c class and 6 BMW models. Once u start, u Neva stop. Except if our Nigerian mechanics frustrate u. Benz is also very sweet but not as BMW. If u own a BMW and all u do is sit in owners corner for a driver to drive u? I tell u, u dey miss. Cos it's a drivers car. A car dat interacts wit u? Wot more can u want in a car?
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by auhanson(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
Both are lovely ride, sportier performance machines, but benz c class combines it all , luxury, performance, handling and personalty unlike BM 3 series , which is just about performance with very little of the rest of the factors if not embarrassing electronics/electricals

BMW is just about speed, speed, speed, while benz is about comfort. I drove a friends BMW and all i could think was speed, built for speed, while driving Benz i would always feel that comforting performances and satisfaction
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
au.hanson:
Both are lovely ride, sportier performance machines, but benz c class combines it all , luxury, performance, handling and personalty unlike BM 3 series , which is just about performance with very little of the rest of the factors if not embarrassing electronics/electricals

BMW is just about speed, speed, speed, while benz is about comfort. I drove a friends BMW and all i could think was speed, built for speed, while driving Benz i would always feel that comforting performances and satisfaction
That's why they call it THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I think mercedes's got more electrical issues than bmw...
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by kuntash: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
Siena: The Mercedes-Benz C and E class are rot boxes. Mercedes-Benz is still fighting rust issues under warranty claims. You wouldn't expect a 2005 MB E320 to have rust, but that's exactly what's happening. Areas affected are:

001) Rear wheelarches.
007) Sunroof recess.
008) Front wings, around side repeater (before they were repositioned in door mirrors).

The last decent MB's were the W124 aka V-Boot. The current ones look pretty, but beauty's only skin deep. BMW had rust issues on the E30 and early E36, but they've gotten their act together, and things are looking good. BMW also look after their customers better. If your timing chain snaps, you get a new engine, no quibbles. MB will fight you, and drag it out. The most you'll get is a good-will gesture, but you'll still have to put your hand into your pocket for at least 50% of repair costs.

Parts availability? BMW still stock parts for the old 1602, and the Isotta! Not that's a marque that's keen to preserve their heritage.

Bros, based on statistics, how long does it take such make of Benz u refereed to start yielding to rust?
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by kuntash: 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
au.hanson:

xerotop: When u drive a BMW, it feels like u r driving on a rail. Stable, balance , sporty, comfortable, sweet, interesting, abeg make una borrow me more English to use.
I av owned 2 c class and 6 BMW models. Once u start, u Neva stop. Except if our Nigerian mechanics frustrate u. Benz is also very sweet but not as BMW. If u own a BMW and all u do is sit in owners corner for a driver to drive u? I tell u, u dey miss. Cos it's a drivers car. A car dat interacts wit u? Wot more can u want in a car?

reading both from two different persons is evidently the reasons both make of cars still sell till date, they tend to capture the minds of people in a different and spectacular way...

both are nice rides, may God bless us with enough pay, when u get money why would u use a car for more than 5yrs, get a new one and 4get rust etc.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
kuntash: Bros, based on statistics, how long does it take such make of Benz u refereed to start yielding to rust?

There's no set time period. Some cars have exhibited bubbling / rust from as early as 3-years-old.
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by kuntash: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
Siena:

There's no set time period. Some cars have exhibited bubbling / rust from as early as 3-years-old.

I go send you pics of my C class, after 3yrs... lol I have done nothing as in body work... I am sure it would give me another 3yrs more...lol
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
kuntash: I go send you pics of my C class, after 3yrs... lol I have done nothing as in body work... I am sure it would give me another 3yrs more...lol

I never said ALL will rust after three years. I said "some." Please read my previous posts.

By their very nature, cat's are selfish pets compared to dogs, though I'm sure some owners of cats see their felines as loyal pets. It's just not the norm.
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by wwwkaycom(m): 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
This is wonderful, how I wish I could throw my prejudices away and give up this Japanese toy for this "real experience" which people talk about in the beemer. I still vote for my honda accord while deciding where to go next, cheers!
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by yungboss(m): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
This thread...
Re: Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series by themodernman: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
Siena:
The Mercedes-Benz C and E class are rot boxes. Mercedes-Benz is still fighting rust issues under warranty claims. You wouldn't expect a 2005 MB E320 to have rust, but that's exactly what's happening. Areas affected are:

001) Rear wheelarches.
007) Sunroof recess.

Parts availability? BMW still stock parts for the old 1602, and the Isotta! Not that's a marque that's keen to preserve their heritage.

By early E36 you mean?

(1) (Reply)

Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience / This N1.3 Billion Mclaren P1 GTR Is Ready To Fly (photos) / These Brabus 800 And 900 Are The Baddest Saloon Cars At The Geneva Auto Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.