Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here (2268 Views)

How Do You End Call You're Tired Of Without Sounding Rude? / Download PES 19 ISO PPSSPP Game For Android / Pes 2018 Psp, Android, Pc, Iphone Ppsspp Download Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
This article appeared first on Inquisitive Universe
https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/09/06/ufl-by-strikers-inc-is-here-to-challenge-pes-and-fifa/

Are you tired of the PES/FIFA duopoly? Do you want something else? Something new? Something different? Well your prayers have been answered. UFL by Strikerz Inc. is here.

UFL is a new free-to-play-football game by Strikerz Inc. The game is not only free to play but it is also fair to play. The fair to play tag looks like a shade at PES and FIFA and I like it. That alone has won me over to their camp and put them in my good books.

In recent years, PES which I am a fan of, and FIFA have been anything but fair. Both game have mechanics such as loot boxes, player draws, DDA, momentum and scripting etc. These mechanics have forced many players to resort to underhanded tactics just to get ahead. This can especially be seen in online gameplay where players cheat by lagging, nulling, spamming long balls and back-passing the entire match etc. All in a bid to avoid losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmsLTViX_M

UFL was announced at Gamescom 2021 opening night but all that is available now is a trailer. This means that the information about which platforms it will available for, teams and gameplay are not available yet. The game for now is definitely a console game with support for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Series X/S. The guys at Strikers Inc. have urged players to be more patient as more information will be released accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yNPY3a3qI

Eugene Nashilov who is the CEO of Strikers Inc. has explained that the game is powered by the Unreal Engine. He revealed that they have a FIFPro license and will have 5,000 licensed real world players in the game. He also stated that the game will be primarily online but an offline exhibition mode is going to be available.

The player stats in the game will be would be calculated based on data provided by InStat. In other words, there will be no overpowered players or special loot boxes for players.

All parts of the game will be made available and subsequently updated for free with no additional costs.

To quote the company statement in a press release, “the game is designed to be a fair-to-play experience that implies a skill first approach and zero pay-to-win options.”

What do you think about UFL? Do you think that can actually match with such lofty promises?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
undecided
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Goldbw122(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
Link please
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by SunshineHQ(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
oh thank god. i thought u were gonna mention dreamleague.

about ufl, it looks promising tbh im anticipating it already and make dem sha no forget mobile users o

3 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
SunshineHQ:
oh thank god. i thought u were gonna mention dreamleague.

about ufl, it looks promising tbh im anticipating it already and make dem sha no forget mobile users o

Dream wetin? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Goldbw122:
Link please

The game is not ready yet.
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Mustiboy(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Saw the trailer live during the just-concluded Gamescom.

We haven't seen its gameplay yet, so I'd hold my horses.

I'm not expecting anything big because football simulation is difficult to get right.
The physics and intelligent gameplay PES has today wasn't actualised at a go; they are a work of many years' tweaking, filtering, and experimenting.

It'd take EFL years to get to that level.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Goldbw122(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
atheistandproud:

The game is not ready yet.
Ok
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mustiboy:
Saw the trailer live during the just-concluded Gamescom.

We haven't seen its gameplay yet, so I'd hold my horses.

I'm not expecting anything big because football simulation is difficult to get right.
The physics and intelligent gameplay PES has today wasn't actualised at a go; they are a work of many years' tweaking, filtering, and experimenting.

It'd take EFL years to get to that level.

I absolutely agree with you and I have to say that you are right but you also need to understand that a lot of the technologies that were developed in the past and are used now are actually kind of Open source.

This is especially with game engines being a thing that anyone can pick a game engine and use it.

The AI part of it is where everyone holds their cards to their chest and that is what actually separate good games from bad games as well as dictate the gameplay quality.

I think UFL can actually piggy back on research that has already been done and just, you know, run with it from there.

These technologies are usually out and most of the time if one is prepared, then they are for sale to the highest builder. If UFL can get their hands on one and actually rework them properly, I think they really don't have to start from scratch they can actually rise up quickly.

Most people are tired of PES and FIFA at this point.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
it will still be master league dream squad rubbishsad
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Mustiboy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
atheistandproud:

I absolutely agree with you and I have to say that you are right but you also need to understand that a lot of the technologies that were developed in the past and are used now are actually kind of Open source.

This is especially with game engines being a thing that anyone can pick a game engine and use it.

The AI part of it is where everyone holds their cards to their chest and that is what actually separate good games from bad games as well as dictate the gameplay quality.

I think UFL can actually piggy back on research that has already been done and just, you know, run with it from there.

These technologies are usually out and most of the time if one is prepared, then they are for sale to the highest builder. If UFL can get their hands on one and actually rework them properly, I think they really don't have to start from scratch they can actually rise up quickly.

Most people are tired of PES and FIFA at this point.

These are the exact points someone raised when we had this discussion last month, so I have to agree given that it has come from two people, moreso the renowned Atheistandproud.

I hope UFL lives up to the expectations, knock on wood.

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mustiboy:

These are the exact points someone raised when we had this discussion last month, so I have to agree given that it has come from two people, moreso the renowned Atheistandproud.

I hope UFL lives up to the expectations, knock on wood.

Me too. grin grin grin
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Topmaike007(m): 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Dream league any time anyday
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Telegram234(m): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
Topmaike007:
Dream league any time anyday
Dream league is trash.
Time is just way too fast and player cannot turn sharply..
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Topmaike007(m): 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
Telegram234:

Dream league is trash.
I haven't notice it at all
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by lordcyno: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
I want street football on Android or PC embarassed

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by atheistandproud(m): 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
lordcyno:

Building sport games with a lot of characters and elements that need to be animated and their behavior controlled by an AI is difficult.

That's why lots of people do not like creating sports games.
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by SunshineHQ(m): 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
lordcyno:
i miss street football too
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by The5DME(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2021
Telegram234:

Dream league is trash.
and you cannot dribble the keeper.... Never
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by phemmyfour: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2021
Team PES forever
Re: Are You Tired Of PES And FIFA? If Yes, Something New Is Here by Telegram234(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
The5DME:
and you cannot dribble the keeper.... Never
Absolutely right..

(1) (Reply)

S60v3 Mobile Voice Changer Software / Lg A-290 Solution For Freezing And Hanging / Tecno Phantom Pad II Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.