Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind (40176 Views)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Mercedes Unveils "Vision Avtr" At CES 2020 / 2020 Mercedes-benz VISION AVTR. This Is Not A Car, Its A Creature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by ogbiwa: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2021
Elon Musk has pioneered self-driving cars driven by Artificial Intelligence, as well as a computer interface controlled by the human brain, but Mercedes has gone one better and combined both of those ideas into a revolutionary new concept car.

The Mercedes Vision AVTR is a demonstration platform for some wildly futuristic ideas that you might see cropping up in the German car manufacturer’s next-gen saloons in a few years' time.

Instead of getting distracted by dashboard controls, Mercedes' designers envision a future where drivers can adjust the radio, aircon, and maybe even one day the sat-nav by just thinking about them.

The all-electric Mercedes Vision AVTR features an array of incredible features pointing the way to a sci-fi future of mind-reading cars that can drive forwards, backwards… or sideways.

To pull off this high-tech magic, the driver needs to wear a helmet with electrodes that detect brain activity and translate it into impulses that relate to different aspects of the car’s control system.

You "train" the Brain-Computer Interface [BCI] by thinking about the various components of the car while a computer projects lights onto the dashboard - as you think about each one in turn the computer tracks how your brain is working at that exact moment and maps it onto that system.

Mercedes spokesperson Britta Seeger says the company is "setting another milestone in the merging of man and machine.

"BCI technology works completely independently of speech and touch," she says.

"This opens up revolutionary possibilities for intuitive interaction with the vehicle."

The car includes a number of other futuristic design features, such as four independently-controllable high-performance near-wheel-built electric motors for next-generation road holding and a "crab-like" sideways driving capability.

Its revolutionary battery technology is based on graphene-based organic cell chemistry ruling out toxic and hard-to-find rare earth metals.

Adding to the car’s eco-credentials, the battery is designed to be 100% recyclable and will be able to run for over 400 miles on a single fast charge.

Even the seats are covered in vegan-friendly Dinamica faux leather and the dashboard is a single curved display unit that displays the surrounding area is shown in real-time 3D graphics for a fully immersive feeling of what’s around the car in every direction.

It’ll be a few years until these features trickle down into production cars, and it remains to be seen how well drivers will take to wearing a mind-reading helmet to control the radio, but the concept is an amazing insight into how car designers are thinking about the future.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/mercedes-new-car-reads-drivers-24922543

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2021
Mehn technology is really evolving

26 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by VoltageDivida(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2021
Gradually we are getting there. Very soon cars will run on water. AI will be responsible for advancing AI.

Everything and everyone is going to be interconnected and controlled from central point.

As much as I am an IT and innovation freak, and good as all these may sound. I don't want to witness it.

FYI, my reasons are not religious

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Davash222(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2021
What will happen when the driver start to think of Sex when driving

300 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Mynd44: 8:51am On Sep 07, 2021
Great idea until someone is driving in front of peckas at night. Even the car will get confused as to what to do because the thinking at that point……

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by ogbiwa: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2021
Mynd44:
Great idea until someone is driving in front of peckas at night. Even the car will get confused as to what to do because the thinking at that point……

What's Peckas bro

12 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by OfficialDJ: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2021
Not possible

Quote this post and shame me when it happens

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by xpressionx(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2021
Until your mind start telling you "I will jam this army officer now if e make me vex"
grin
Before you change your mind the officer is already dead.

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Randal: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
Wow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by tiswell(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
Benz cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
Waiting for men of God that will call it satanic cheesy grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Sonnobax15(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
cheesy
Na wa oh...... Chaiiii oyinbo people en...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
Future cars are really getting ugly
Imagine the dashboard without a steering wheel

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Kajaard: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2021
Elon Musk is decades ahead of his time. The guys brain is something else. He deserves the world's richest man position.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by GeneralDae: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2021
ojuju
Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Cyphar(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2021
cool
Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by FVckbubuDcow: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2021
The future is technology

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by wale0911: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
Davash222:
What will happen when the driver start to think of Sex when driving

The car takes the driver to the nearest brothel.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by psalmz(m): 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
And boys using Corolla 2006 will me making noise

14 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Gosj001: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
ogbiwa:

What's Peckas bro

You don't know pekas in Ikeja?

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by richmond500: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
How I wan use my mind tell this one to stop at every checkpoint and give police 100 naira?

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by inumidun2010(m): 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
KNOWLEDGE has INDEED INCREASED... but Na MINISTRY OF LIVESTOCK we dey think about in NIGERIA

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by Kajaard: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
ogbiwa:

What's Peckas bro

Babe with big ass and big boobs. Features that will make you lose control while driving cheesy

And the pekas mynd is referring to is a popular joint in Ikeja at night where you see all shapes of women and get confused which one to pick cheesy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by FactBoyz: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
cheesy
Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by mozes01(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
No fvcking way. me wey sabi sabi think bad things well well.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by DoggoneDogg: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
So if I think about crushing my landlord early in the morning, this bastard go do am?? I no want

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by DropsMic(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
F*cking Caucasians
Re: Mercedes Vision AVTR: Car Controlled By Reading Driver's Mind by wale0911: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Anything that can make life easier without an embedded dark side is welcomed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Mercedes-benz S-class (1972-2019) / 2006 Benz S65 AMG Falls From Grace To Grass, Sold For 2% Of Original Price / Proforce: Nigeria's Indigenous Armoured Vehicle Manufacturer In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.