Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy (28436 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2021

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

368 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Mgreat(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nice man

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Davash222(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Congratulations guy.

Please be very careful with those magnet ladies , forget their gimmicks and smiles, the moment you give them attention or a chance in your life, they will start maltreating your innocent girl. It's in their constitution.

Avoid them, please.

295 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMTR:
[color=#000099]
Hello, good day cheesy,

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a Catholic church orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,
Can you give us expo abeg! What state did you adopt the child from, and what orphanages did you visit before you decided on the one and why? undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
I’m so proud of you. cheesy
Children are the sweetest.

Did you meet her before deciding that she’s the one?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Davash222(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
mariahAngel:
I’m so proud of you. cheesy

Children are the sweetest.
I'm glad you know. wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Mrsoft3(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a Catholic church orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God' blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

I am proud of you.

Responsibility is another definition for maturity, continue to be the best dad she will ever wish and pray for. I pray for more strength and Godly wisdom, never forget to imbibe Godly character in her. Continue to soar.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
Davash222:

I'm glad you know. wink

Who doesn’t? cheesy
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Mrsoft3(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Davash222:
Congratulations guy.

Please be very careful with those magnet ladies , forget their gimmicks and smiles, the moment you give them attention or a chance in your life, they will start maltreating your innocent girl. It's in their constitution.

Avoid them, please.

Well as true as this sound it should not be generalized, some ladies have the heart of gold, it takes prayer and wisdom to discern which one is real

28 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Lamanii22(f): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
Awwwwn I'm super proud of you.... She's a blessed child.... The Lord will watch over her for you, you won't regret having her in jesus'name... What's her name?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Richy4(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nice.. I'm glad U didn't give up when they were giving you some grief...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by WoundedLamb: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Great! You have contributed your part to making the world a better place. Nigeria should encourage adoption. A lot of babies out there looking for somewhere to call home.

Now, do your part to make the world a safe place for the girl child.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by greenie77: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hmm....a bachelor who was not up to 25 years old, just a young adult being legally granted adoption of a child especially a female toddler by a State's Ministry of Social Welfare is so ODD! shocked

183 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by deekseen(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Much as I'm saying kudos to you for this feat I still think it's proper to raise a child in a family setting - A father, a mother and the child(ren).

Consider this.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
deekseen:
Much as I'm saying kudos to you for this feat I still think it's proper to raise a child in a family setting - A father, a mother and the child(ren).

Consider this.
Why? Because All children raised in 2-Parent homes turn out to be much better than children not raised in such homes? undecided

27 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
greenie77:
Hmm....a bachelor who was not up to 25 years old, just a young adult being legally granted adoption of a child especially a female toddler by a State's Ministry of Social Welfare is so ODD! shocked
Obviously not impossible as the OP has made it clear to us all. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
greenie77:

yeah right but I did it , though it wasn't easy
Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
deekseen:

Consider this.

Lol, I am not sure if I am ever going to get married , but I know where you are coming from, my younger sister is so fond of her, she spends school holidays with her abroad so she is covered so don't worry.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by GboyegaD(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Great. I need to start the process for one of my niece. I am hoping it will be smooth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Imustnottalk: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op can we see her picture you can blur her face .I will love to adopt one day maybe African Americans kids I love them .lol

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? Because All children raised in 2-Parent homes turn out to be much better than children not raised in such homes? undecided

Like seriously I tire o, it's not a must for a child to grow up in a two parents home before a child can be " properly raised"
Her last report card, she was commended for good behaviour in her class so I am not doing a bad Job in raising her , my family helps me out a lot too

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by WoundedLamb: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMTR:

Lol, I am not sure if I am ever going to get married , but I know where you are coming from, my younger sister is so fond of her, she spends school holidays with her abroad so she is covered so don't worry.

Getting married is a choice and if you don't want to, it's perfectly okay. However, whatever you do, don't be a wayward father. The child's self esteem will stem from how you treat women. Let her know that there's more to life that being a good wife. Tell her that regardless of her gender, she can be anything she wants to be in life. Tell her that it's not cool to refer to women as "bitches", "vagina people" or "that gender" cause they are human as we are. Tell her to always voice her opinion even in a society where it doesn't seem to count. Tell her to look beyond the stigmatization of Nigerian girls and pursue her dreams head-on. Tell her to be careful with the boy child but know that he's not an enemy.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by deekseen(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Relax Kobo. It has nothing to do with your sarcasm. I think the op understands my point from one perspective - having a female play a very prominent role in her life.

The other is psychological. It may affect the baby a little while growing up, but she may easily get over it when she's mature enough.

TMTR:

Like seriously I tire o, it's not a must for a child to grow up in a two parents home before a child can be " properly raised"
Her last report card, she was commended for good behaviour in her class so I am not doing a bad Job in raising her , my family helps me out a lot too
Were you raised in a one-parent home? Or were you adopted? You'll never understand the psychological part if you were not.

All in all, I think op is a good man and means very well for her.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
deekseen:
Relax Kobo. It has nothing to do with your sarcasm. I think the op understands my point from one perspective - having a female play a very prominent role in her life.
Even Jesus Christ said God created some to be Eunuchs, some became Eunuchs and some chose to be Eunuchs. undecided
That child is probably much happier with having just the one she currently has. undecided

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by AutoChick4U(f): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
deekseen:

Consider this.
Do you know if he's capable of doing so? Let him be
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by AutoChick4U(f): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
I must commend the op for the bold move, kinda weird but very very impressive.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by AutoChick4U(f): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
GboyegaD:
Great. I need to start the process for one of my niece. I am hoping it will be smooth.
I for ask you to come adopt my baby but she all I got now. Very cute Lil lovely love. God is good abeg
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
AutoChick4U:
I for ask you to come adopt my baby but she all I got now. Very cute Lil lovely love. God is good abeg

My dear, keep your baby.
She’s your gift.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by deekseen(m): 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Even Jesus Christ said God created some to be Eunuchs, some became Eunuchs and some chose to be Eunuchs. undecided
That child is probably much happier with having just the one she currently has. undecided
Kobo,

There's no point for arguments. But be careful how you bring the Bible into this so you don't mislead others.

When Jesus talked about eunuchs, he said, "some were made eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom".

Op is not a eunuch neither did he adopt the baby for the sake of the Kingdom.

Everyone must not marry, but I still feel the baby deserves a prominent female figure in her life. And to add, the earlier op understands the psychological effects of growing up in a one-parent home, the better he will help her overcome these worries when they come.

Once again, good step op.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by deekseen(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Do you know if he's capable of doing so? Let him be
My point is not whether op has the capability of taking care of her or not.

Read again and gain understanding.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by StPete: 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
As much as I applaud your effort, I don't see why you couldn't just fvck a woman and get her pregnant for you and birth a child especially as you're still young abi is ya thing not working? undecided

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
StPete:
As much as I applaud your effort, I don't see why you couldn't just fvck a woman and get her pregnant for you and birth a child especially as you're still young abi is ya thing not working? undecided

Lol, I was expecting a comment like this and I wasn't disappointed, like I said in my earlier thread,
'I no fit for baby mama wahala'

Well I considered that option but I thought about it and was like nah, maybe later in the future but definitely not now.

And about my thing not working hahaha
Bring ya sister to come spend a night with me, she go testify give you in the morning about the marvelous work of my thing cheesy

65 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Relate your Worst experience from overstaying visitors / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / My Mother Wants Us To Stop Bearing Our Father's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.