Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story (28321 Views)

Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / Oluwo Of Iwo Walks Out Of Yoruba Event In Port Harcout As Organizers Omit Photo / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by BigDawsNet: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
grin. I used to have these rot den back in naija...they are very active!... Some times rat fly into our compound to raid our waste bin... because we usually leave the bin inside thecompound until the trash collector Pick Dem up..

When this rats fly in from other building...
The rots somehow fall down the bin...and you see rats trying to escape...they may actually catch one ...and immediately removes his head

Dogs are good hunter but not all....
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Legalcriminal: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
K
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by sylve11: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Interesting.... cool
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by FILEBE(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
@ishilove. You mean you have always had a dog for 20 years?
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Breastfeed: 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmmm nice story
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by selfdefence: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmm, no be small thing, I know some people sha that eat dogs a lot yet are very close to other dogs too

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by sylve11: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
There was a day I went to deliver something somewhere and saw about 7 - 10 dogs giving a man on a bike a hot chase.

They were all barking.

The road was bad so the man couldn't speed up his bike and the dogs were gaining on him grin

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

Learned later that he sells dog pepper soup

grin cool
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by la1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Where's the second story OP?... Waiting thanks
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by kurlz(f): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
There was a day I went to deliver something somewhere and saw about 7 - 10 dogs giving a man on a bike a hot chase.

They were all barking.

The road was bad so the man couldn't speed up his bike and the dogs were gaining on him grin

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

If you see the way I'm laughing so loud in my room. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:

They were all barking.

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

Well well well

Look what we have here

All this things na myth

I dey chop dog mean and suck d bones dry

And my very good friend get dog called myrrh (maya)

She dey 2yrs plus, loves playing with me.... why she no dey bark at me

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dog meat is the most tasty meat in the whole wild world, for Port Harcourt we dey chop am with piom piom throway and unripe plantain, no body punu angry
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Botking: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dog eat dog

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
What a good story? Yoruba people with incantation

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by 2nattie(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:

They were all barking.

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

grin grin grin grin

This one off me
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Namdeenero(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
I know this guy, no matter how aggressive your Dog is this guy will mellow it.. He said it’s a gift, also said something about talking to the dogs soul. I dey wonder if dog get soul, abi the guy was a dog in his former life.. No jokes

6 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by sonofanarchy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ishilove:

This is so... I have no words embarassed angry

Uncle, dogs are adorable and eating them is akin to cannibalism. Please if you eat dogs I urge you to cease and desist so that they will allow you pass in peace anytime you get close to them.
but you chicken or goat?
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by wallstreetnews: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Tiwa Savage in a sexy swimsuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsajDYErR9U
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Rotadbd: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nice read!

See below : A thread for Stone pattern Board
https://www.nairaland.com/6066808/stone-pattern-board-stoning-materials/1#99652592

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by daddytime(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:

They were all barking.

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

I don laugh die for here...
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by sincerlyyo(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
I'm a cat lover and I've been having them since I was 4yrs old. I remember Suzzy that was bug and pure white, I had thus uncle that always said he will eat it, soon Suzzy will walk away anytime he sees the man and might not return till the next day. That man can eat anything flesh.
Ishilove:
I am a dog lover and owner, and having lived with them for over twenty years, I am able to read them almost 100% accurately. This is why I found this article I will be posting below delightfully fascinating. A Facebook user and member of the private Facebook group, The Nigerian Nostalgia 1960 -1980 Project David Fatumbi narrated an interesting story about Ulli Beier's experience with his dog and a dog eating Oya priest.

https://web./nigeriannostalgiaproject/posts/6430705176970210/

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by SuperNova33: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
That Hunter was rocking Rolex.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Liutay(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pussyassasin:
I remember the day I went to get my cigarettes. saw a one ekuku dog running towards me based on real niggar status I kept walking... lo and below the dog was about 5 inches away from me when I started running at lightspeed grin.

Lmao. You for form hard guy make he bite you���
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Liutay(m): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
siofra:
Our neighbour has a useless ekuke dog angry

This mumu dog has a very short memory, today it will be your friend, tomorrow it will bark at you like it never knew you.
grin grin
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Oyin2212(m): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pussyassasin:
I remember the day I went to get my cigarettes. saw a one ekuku dog running towards me based on real niggar status I kept walking... lo and below the dog was about 5 inches away from me when I started running at lightspeed grin.
grin grin grin
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by chukwuibuipob: 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
angry sad Useless thread sad.Spit angry
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Tgrey(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
bestman09:
grin
The most interesting thing is that dogs don't eat dog meat, no matter how you garnish it. I had personally tried to trick dogs with dog meat but immediately they smell it, they go away, unlike other animals eat their kind

Not 100 percent true
Of late I was in a place where the fed some dogs with dog meat,to our greatest surprise they ate it all
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Oyin2212(m): 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
Timagex:
Very nice and interesting read. This should make front page. cool grin

I remain your best plug for portraits and wedding photography services. cool

Omo your picture nice o. What's your contact?
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by meedoLock(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is what killed a man in our area back them, this man don't only kill and eat dogs but will also make it with soup, gather his folks who also eat dogs and sell to them, there are times other dogs back at him furiously which made my mum asked him why dogs bark at his sight, he laugh and told my mum that they do that because he fist on them. The day he brought a strange lost dog home and tied down, this dog became sick and the man started showing all the symptoms the dog was showing, his people were adviced to return the sick dog where he picked it, the man died few days later. Not all animals are meant to be killed and fist upon o.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Ishilove: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
FILEBE:
@ishilove. You mean you have always had a dog for 20 years?
Yep
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Iykenuwa(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
bestman09:
grin
The most interesting thing is that dogs don't eat dog meat, no matter how you garnish it. I had personally tried to trick dogs with dog meat but immediately they smell it, they go away, unlike other animals eat their kind

I love dogs, but this statement is not always true.

I have seen dogs eating dog meat and licking the broth.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by thedio(m): 4:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
illicit:

A boerbol and a GSD

I eat local dogs
Can u eat a foreign dog

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Ancient African Mathematics / Miss Somalia Wins African Beauty Pageant In USA 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.