Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa (22821 Views)

Court Stops Ondo 16-Year-Old Girl Forced Marriage To Islamic Cleric As 9th Wife / Hanan, BUK Law Student Stabs Husband, Saheed Hussain 7 Months After Wedding / Lady Lawyer Stabs Husband To Death In Lagos, Then Tries Killing Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by FutureIsFemale(f): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
The police in Adamawa have arrested a 19-year-old teenage bride who allegedly stabbed her husband to death, over the husband’s refusal to grant her request for separation into the forced marriage three weeks after it was consummated by her parents.

The late husband Muhammad Adamu was 35 years old.

Police said an investigation revealed that the 19-year-old lady was forcefully married to the deceased by her parent against her will.

The spokesman, Adamawa State Police Command, Suleiman Nguroje, made this known in Yola while disclosing the arrest of the 19-year-old on Wednesday.

He said the police commissioner in the state, Aliyu Alhaji, has ordered a clinical investigation into the case.

He however said police investigations so far, ” Reveals, that the Suspect was forcefully married to the deceased by her parents against her will on the 6/8/2021 and the marriage lasted for only three weeks before the ugly incident.”

He said the suspect was arrested in the Shelleng Local Government Area of the state, where the incident occurred following a report received from one Jophas Johnsley a friend of the deceased.

He explained that “The suspect, Rumasau Muhammed a resident of Wuro Yanka Village, Shelleng local government area, stabbed her late husband Muhammed Adamu with a knife after seeking for divorce and the deceased refused to pronounce such divorce.

“Angered by his refusal to divorce her after several request by her, the Suspect used a knife and stabbed him on his stomach, as a result of which he fell down unconscious and was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.

“The suspect was apprehended by the Police in Shelleng Divisional headquarters, following a report received from one Jophas Johnsley a friend of the deceased.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/forced-marriage-19-year-old-lady-allegedly-stabs-husband-to-death-in-adamawa/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by FutureIsFemale(f): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

I am in no way associated with this moniker FuturelsFemale. I don't know the person but I'm quiet sure it is a male who is behind it. I don't know his/her reasons for choosing to cloned my acct and even uses the same picture and signature I use.

My account was created in July while this person created this September.

Be careful of scammers. I will not ask you for money or your private details.

Whoever this person is, may his/her evil plans be exposed IJN

@Topic, that's serves him right. Next time he will not force.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by chidiebube107: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Ok
Indeed future is female

21 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by FutureIsFemale(f): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
chidiebube107:
Indeed future is female
Moral lesson; Never force people into doing what they don't want. The end is always dirty.

I swear I don't pity the deceased.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
No one can force you to stay in an unhappy marriage.
In marriage, you have every right to walk away from an unhappy and unhealthy relationship.
While laws in other countries, including Mexico, may penalize spouses who leave their family, that is not how family law works in Nigeria
Instead, individuals have the right to end their marriage at any time via a divorce.
But killing a partner is a no no.
Poor Girl!

agbonkamen:
Northerners and early marriage wahala
Abi o,
Just like the below almost 70 year old man and 18 year old girl early marriage, The famous Northern couple..
Your yeye dey smell undecided

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by berrystunn(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
This is 2021

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Hezmatosky: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Women sad
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by gurunlocker: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
I guess these people will always remain backward for life!

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by brushesz: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by shagasha: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
The man wan die ontop the woman matter. Em don c am na.

Morale of the story: if your partner wants to leave and u have tried convincing her for a change of mind and she refused, let her go.

Now he has lost both the woman and his life

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by wallay77(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
continue
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by TarOrfeeek: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Let him go and partake in the 200 big ass virgins he was promised.

angry

4 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by ManOfCompetence(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
2021....And Muslims/Northerners still engage in forced marriages.........
We need a referendum in this country urgently ....Some sect of people are just to archaic in their way of life

5 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by chidiebube107: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Moral lesson; Never force people into doing what they don't want. The end is always dirty.

You must foo1

2 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Hammurabii1: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good evening all. I'm at the verge of committing suicide. I'm a student of the University of Ilorin. I made excellent results but now I'm about to drop out as school fees payment portal closes about 5 hours from now and I don't have any hope. I'm soliciting for help from well meaning people. Please reach out to me on 07061742247 for my details so you can login to my portal to confirm. Please save a soul. This is all I have to live for

3 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by chibu4u2(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
some african parents sef too mumu. Why give ur daughter out against her will even at that age thinking we are still in the 60`s abi 70`s,.......

2 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by kestolove95(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Marriage no be by force
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Passionate888: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Forced marriage. Parents should learn to allow their children marry whomever they love and want to get married to

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by agbonkamen(f): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
Northerners and early marriage wahala
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Abbeywondrous(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
: shocked
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Queenserah26(f): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
Another one shocked
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by oyejideogunjumo: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
At 19 she is entitled to her own opinion .
She should have sued for divorce instead of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Nnamdinaija(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
Anambra and ritual killing is like APC and bad news grin
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by dreamwords: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
angry
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by GOFRONT(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by bluefilm: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
End time forced marriage.

End time young wife.

End time stabbing.
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Omicron007: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
Saphiere, over to you.
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by FuturelsFemale(f): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

Forcing her into her marriage doesn't justify murder! She can leave the marriage without taking the life of another human!

7 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Habib101: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Sad news, we are not living in the olden days anymore were parent will choose husband for their daughter or vise versa.
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by Sonnobax15(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa by seunaj: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
Why arrest her? That's self defense!
B4 you come for me. Imagine for a second that you were locked together with a mad man/woman for 3 weeks and that man is forcefully penetrating your virginal without condom at his beck and call. This is the best way to describe the ordeal that the innocent girl went through for 3 good weeks.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Biggest Things Ever Stolen / Final Year Kwara Varsity Student Commits Suicide / Man Arrested For Defecating Faeces Inside Business Rival Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.