Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware (43849 Views)

I Got Scammed By Techhive.ng On Instagram / Guys Learn How To Make Up To 20k Weekly From LPV / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
by super loan app

Let me say it's my greed just that man is so so broke and I needed money for urgent reason, (my baby medicals tomorrow)

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app.

see the details.

first as I keyed in my number to register and the otp code should be sent to my number as sms but the app generated the otp code automatically (First red flag but ignored). I filled in all my details with atm card info, all.

I continued every and the offered many options there. what triggered my application was they offered loan of 30k to be paid back in 120days was what captivated my mind.

so at the dying stage I was a little surprised when they said they amount i wanted to borrow which is the 30k is something blah blah blah that I will have to make a deposit of 2088 for genuine interest and verification that it would be deducted from my loan when paying (second red flag but ignored also)

my mumu me quickly keyed in my atm card details which is the pin and ccv all.

immediately I got the debit alert and going back to the app, it started to misbehave.

first I can't edit or delete my atm details, it's there on the app as default.

no loan offer options anymore. in fact after the payment sef they were even referring people to other genuine loan app as their corporate bodies.

I tried to screenshot the app, no way. says it's protected. I tried to do screen recording it's just dark, nothing. I tried to minimize and screenshot from therr, no way.

they even put timing on the app page like when the time elapsed they can't give the loan again I guess it's just to make people hurry to make the payment.

this is a well worked scam and I know it's not only me that will be a victim.

My fear is my atm card details are still on the app as default I can't even do anything about it which means that the account would be monitored and any money that comes in now is gone, immediately! So tomoro am blocking the ATM card at the office or does anyone know how I can block the card with someone's phone? I will appreciate with the info abeg.

then I went straight to the app store where I downloaded the app, see what people are saying below.

I learnt my learn the hard way not to get greedy. but no one Is above mistake and being scammed.

be wise guys from this app.

You can just download the app and see if you can do screenshot to confirm this if it would be possible

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Ammishaddai: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
Na wah for 9ja .

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Millimann: 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Inform your bank to block the card and issue you a new one to be on a safe side.

If not, they will debit your account again.

190 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
Millimann:
Inform your bank to block the card and issue you a new one to be on a safe side.

Yes I will tomorrow. Thank you. Country hard gan o

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by daddytime(m): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
TeamLeader:

Yes I will tomorrow. Thank you. Country hard gan o

The time you spent typing here would have been more than enough to google your bank to know how to block that card even right now....why wait till tomorrow?

Modified:

The op only added pictures of his account balance after my submission above.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by humilitypays(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

Let me say it's my greed just that man is so so broke and I needed money for urgent reason, (my baby medicals tomorrow)

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app.

see the details.

first as I keyed in my number to register and the otp code should be sent to my number as sms but the app generated the otp code automatically (First red flag but ignored). I filled in all my details with atm card info, all.

I continued every and the offered many options there. what triggered my application was they offered loan of 30k to be paid back in 120days was what captivated my mind.

so at the dying stage I was a little surprised when they said they amount i wanted to borrow which is the 30k is something blah blah blah that I will have to make a deposit of 2088 for genuine interest and verification that it would be deducted from my loan when paying (second red flag but ignored also)

my mumu me quickly keyed in my atm card details which is the pin and ccv all.

immediately I got the debit alert and going back to the app, it started to misbehave.

first I can't edit or delete my atm details, it's there on the app as default.

no loan offer options anymore. in fact after the payment sef they were even referring people to other genuine loan app as their corporate bodies.

I tried to screenshot the app, no way. says it's protected. I tried to do screen recording it's just dark, nothing. I tried to minimize and screenshot from therr, no way.

they even put timing on the app page like when the time elapsed they can't give the loan again I guess it's just to make people hurry to make the payment.

this is a well worked scam and I know it's not only me that will be a victim.

My fear is my atm card details are still on the app as default I can't even do anything about it which means that the account would be monitored and any money that comes in now is gone, immediately! So tomoro am blocking the ATM card at the office or does anyone know how I can block the card with someone's phone? I will appreciate with the info abeg.

then I went straight to the app store where I downloaded the app, see what people are saying below.

I learnt my learn the hard way not to get greedy. but no one Is above mistake and being scammed.

be wise guys from this app.

You can just download the app and see if you can do screenshot to confirm this if it would be possible

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
move to fp for people to learn
Go to your bank tomorrow and block your atm and apply for a new atm, it's that simple.

How much did they scam you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
daddytime:

The time you spent typing here would have been more than enough to google your bank to know how to block that card even right now....why wait till tomorrow?

I would have done that Sha. But knowing that money nor de the account at the moment give me zero worries till tomorrow. Thank you

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
humilitypays:
Go to your bank tomorrow and block your atm and apply for a new atm, it's that simple.

How much did they scam you

2088 bro. I will definitely block it. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Gr8mind07(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sorry about that bro.

You can dial *966*911# and follow the prompt.

I got the info recently on Nairaland. Though I have not tried it, but I hope it works

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Gr8mind07:
Sorry about that bro.

You can dial *966*911# and follow the prompt.

I got the info recently on Nairaland. Though I have not tried it, but I hope it works

Ok bro thank you but I think 966 code is for zenith. I use GT

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by fnep2smooth(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
You saw Ogon Technology Ltd you no run... Ogon don finally hold you. Sorry bro

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
fnep2smooth:
You saw Ogon Technology Ltd you no run... Ogon don finally hold you. Sorry bro

Guy why

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by fergieboy: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
Make I download the app play with them small

15 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by imran90(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
I guess you don’t see @OP balance. Nothing left in his bank account to get a new atm from his bank self. It’s going to take God intervention to get a new atm card. Country hard I swear
daddytime:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
fergieboy:
Make I download the app play with them small

Guy download the app first and see if you can screenshot any part of it. Maybe na my phone. Nor go put ya atm details o. I warned you bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by donproject2(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
daddytime:

So, he has done bad by sharing his experience for people to learn?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Pweetiedude(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Check this out...

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by humilitypays(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
TeamLeader:

2088 bro. I will definitely block it. Thank you
send me your bank details via PM

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by omojesu202(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
With all the red flag, you still fell victim. Nawah ooo .
You're a greedy muddafkka. No vex ooo

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:31am On Sep 10, 2021
omojesu202:
With all the red flag, you still fell victim. Nawah ooo .
You're a greedy muddafkka. No vex ooo

Bro that money duration enter my eye and my broken level high. No one is above mistake. E never happened to me before but lesson learnt the hard way

26 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2021
Pweetiedude:
Check this out...

I've tried it. The bank code is for zenith bank and am using GTB.

See the response I got.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2021
humilitypays:
send me your bank details via PM

I tried but nairaland default message page didn't allowed me edit. Here

0014232698 GT
Oshibanjo Folorunsho but if money enter d account now those werey go remove it o

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by shayubobo: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

I tried but nairaland default message page didn't allowed me edit. Here

0014232698 GT
Oshibanjo Folorunsho but if money enter d account now those werey go remove it o
why not drop your woman own instead?

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2021
Guys I've tried this and it worked. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2021
shayubobo:
why not drop your woman own instead?

Oh ok. Thank you

3082642977 first bank
Ogidan bukonla

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by samuel051: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2021
Any app dat autogenerated otp flee.
Any app after opening,u see enter card details,flee.
Always check review on playstore, especially critical before download.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Ray07(m): 8:10am On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Bro that money duration enter my eye and my broken level high. No one is above mistake. E never happened to me before but lesson learnt the hard way
sorry for your loss man. Always read reviews before downloading an app.

13 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by daddytime(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2021
sheanzy:

You Didn't see his remaining balance??

Wetin he Dy rush to go block... Abi u no get sense no

Bastard human being.. ur Papa Dy useless

Please, send me your account details.

It's so easy to figure out you are angry at life and people who have and know their fathers.

Such a low life waste of sperm.

May you die a slow, horrible, and very painful death.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by SporaD8: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2021
sheanzy:

You Didn't see his remaining balance??

Wetin he Dy rush to go block... Abi u no get sense no

Bastard human being.. ur Papa Dy useless
Lolz! You really sound pathetic!
Yours must either be some kind of spam boot or an AI.
It will be irresponsible of me to call you human.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by sheanzy(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2021
daddytime:

Please, send me your account details.

It's so easy to figure out you are angry at life and people who have and know their fathers.

Such a low life waste of sperm.

May you die a slow, horrible, and very painful death.

Mumu boi... So u had to use ur two accounts to quote me

This really goes to show how pained u were... Useless fool

Make person rush go block account wey 405naira remain.. na thief like u go commot the remaining balance.. useless man

Ur real father

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.