Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine (18029 Views)

How To Fix A Laptop Fan Issues Overheating Not Blowing Intermittent Shutdown…. / My HP Laptop Fan Is Having Issues / I Need A Solution To Noisy Sound Laptop Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by zanshi: 2:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Tolzy11:

And who says HP is bad ?

I did and i stand by my opinion.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by cliqtips: 5:03am On Sep 12, 2021
next time, place it on something so that the vent is not blocked.

Tolzy11:

Yes, why ?
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Akpuobi1: 6:20am On Sep 12, 2021
THE FAN HAS PACKED A LOT OF DUST. YOU NEED TO LOOSE IT AND BLOW THE DUST OFF AND FIX IT BACK.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by biggy00000(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2021
Shortly before the noise started; Did an object get in to the vent while the system was on?
If yes; one blade is broken and you need to replace the fan for it to stop the loud noise
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Rapture4real(m): 7:08am On Sep 12, 2021
My HP laptop did the same thing. At a time or stopped completely. I guess the fan belt has cut. It thereafter produces heat that makes it shut down once in a while. I've not fixed it anyway
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by DAVE5(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2021
zanshi:
Your fan is bad, or better still open it up and clean it

Next time don't buy HP

Please which system would you recommend cos I’m in need of a laptop
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Qasim19: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Usually grinding noise from inside a PC may be caused by either the HDD or Fan. If you are so sure the noise is coming from the fan vent area, then it's probably the fan. And this could be caused by an object (screw, stone, stick, paper, etc.) being present in the fan's compartment.

Do the following:
1. Unplug the PC, then place the PC on a flat surface such that you could see the air vent area
2. Peep through to see if you can see any foreign object
3. If you see any object, try picking it out with a picker if you can get one ( don't use something that can break inside the PC like broomstick)
4. If you are unable to see any object, don't try to blow directly through air vent as the object or dust can spread to other areas like the motherboard and cause a short circuit.
5. Take it to an experienced technician if can't loose open the PC, who will remove the fan to bring out any obstructing object and give the fan a thorough cleaning.

If you reside around Abeokuta, Ogun State, you can visit our service center:

CompuQaz Computer Services at No 84 Osoba Way Oke-ilewo Abeokuta, Ogun State

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by KelvinHerbert: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dust is the problem, it is filled in ur processor
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Englishisamust: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Change your operating system. May be u are using pirate operating system
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by bab22: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Tolzy11:
My HP Laptop of recent, when turned on without even doing anything or when I lift it up, it gives me a grinding machine sound until I hit or slap the back it won't stop making such sound .
Please, what can I do ?
Na too much bombing dey cause am o. Anyway our dear slawomir will be of help cos na im field
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by legionISproteus: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Tolzy11:
My HP Laptop of recent, when turned on without even doing anything or when I lift it up, it gives me a grinding machine sound until I hit or slap the back it won't stop making such sound .
Please, what can I do ?
One (or some) of the cooling fan blades have broken. You need to replace the cooling fan, the blades cannot be fixed
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by NelviusGrey(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
Na to just start cassava grinding business na grin grin....
Lol...

But really, it's just dust and other particles that accumuated overtime that's causing the fan to get all worked up like that...the solution is to just clean it with a cannister or better still go give electrician...mtcheeew...sorry i mean a technician grin
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?

Mine is generator, you can't hit it, I don't even want to try but I just like it coz of the space to store movies 500gb its HP too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahclick Internet Service / HP Elitebook 840 G1 Intel Corei5 500gb 4gb RAM / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.