Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,951 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (876049 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (611) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Vavi: 3:33am On Sep 07, 2022
I am trying to book for my 3 dependants and I, but on the TLS website, it says that for family groups, we'd need to pay for flexi which is 45k for each family member (45K*4). Has anyone used an alternative method, how did you go about it? Do I book individual slots and attend with my family? How do we get it merged as a family as the Main Applicant is applying for priority while dependants are applying for standard visa?

Please your candid help will be much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Josskute(m): 4:13am On Sep 07, 2022
jum33:

This question has been addressed countless times.Let learn to research and check responses from previous questions so that we can have rooms for new insights.
time it took you to type all this would have been enough to simply answer the questions. Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 4:48am On Sep 07, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This is about £15,000 .... God abeg ooo is all I can say . Highly unreasonable , also a lot are scam.

God forbid, use it to further your studies in another country.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2022
MCynthia:
Hello guys. Please will need people in the UK already to help me tackle what am about to share.

So I am in uk. My wife is the student while i am her dependent. I am working for this company. Now they got licence to sponsor people. I approached them or COs which they agree and asked me to pay £199 for COS which I didn't object.

Now they have gotten the COS for me. But asking me to pay £5k for 5yrs visa because I am a dependent.

Have anyone experienced such? I need as many answers I can get.

Many thanks
What do they want to use that your 5k for.
IMO you just need to change your status from dependent visa to tier2.
Go to home office website to know how you can change your visa status.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MO234577: 9:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Hello everyone ,

Please has anyone here who had their biometric between 3-5 August for skilled worker visa received their decision/ passport?.

I had mine August 3rd and made several paid calls to Ukvi which I was told the issue has been escalated. I sent email to ensure that at-least I have a record of their response as evidence, but this is all I got.

“Thank you for your enquiry.

Apologies for the delay on receiving your passport back. I have passed your enquiry on to the relevant team to get your passport returned to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience”.

My employment in the Uk should have started on the 5th of September and I stated it there as my travel date during application.

I was told decision has been made since 12/8/22. Don’t know why they aren’t releasing passport.

Is there any advise that can help at this moment? Please!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by JPB2: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2022
Vavi:
I am trying to book for my 3 dependants and I, but on the TLS website, it says that for family groups, we'd need to pay for flexi which is 45k for each family member (45K*4). Has anyone used an alternative method, how did you go about it? Do I book individual slots and attend with my family? How do we get it merged as a family as the Main Applicant is applying for priority while dependants are applying for standard visa?

Book individual spots go separate days ... or u would pay 42k .... if u can get the same days better for you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mamasunshine: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2022
MO234577:
Hello everyone ,

Please has anyone here who had their biometric between 3-5 August for skilled worker visa received their decision/ passport?.

My employment in the Uk should have started on the 5th of September and I stated it there as my travel date during application.

I was told decision has been made since 12/8/22. Don’t know why they aren’t releasing passport.

I did my biometrics on the 5th of August, got an NSF email on the same 12 that your decision was taken and it entered my spam (story for another day as I didn't see it till 10 days later). But eventually got my visa on the 29th for myself and my dependents 2 days later.
If it's NHS, there's an email that's dedicated to incoming NHS staff on UKVI website. Maybe send them a mail. I did as my start date is/was also 5th September. Also check to see if your office can chase up for you.
I pray it is released soon.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Thank you! Make una try come this side o! Here sweet!!

Uzland:

Congratulations to you, Jaybadestboy!cheesy I can feel your excitement!cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by indegrees(f): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bryanbella:
Please who has done IELTS Ukvi General test of recent? How long did it take for the result to come out?
For computer based

Centre told us to start checking after 2 days but mine came out after 4 days. The provisional one that is. Once the provisional is available, you can go for the certificate.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2022
I think most just go into this thing like it's a POS thingy or selling recharge cards.
Some arrive, take pulse measurements they can't.
Very few understand their roles, or what would be their roles.
I run interviews for agencies that surfs staff for NHS, healthcare assistant, carers and other medical related professions. Would be shocking at the response you get from some candidates who think having 30 courses completed is enough to land them a Job with COS.
The other day I asked an applicant why your sudden change in your career, you are degree holder in Maths?
The person said I have always been a carer.
Right, what do you mean you have always been a carer if you state you only have 3years of experience? How has 3years become an always thing?
The person went i have estate agency business with my husband.
I said to the applicant wait a minute,
You have just 3years of experience, a degree holder in maths, again why sudden change in career?
Person went i was carer for my granddad, i this in church, I this in Mosque, I this in shrine.
Like why spoil my day when you can not even defend career objectives you must have written on your CV and cover letter.
Then once you says unfortunately, they go please please offer me a chance, like what chance when you can't convince that you know what you are about to go into?

There are many routes, countries, yet most just want easy route easy route, which they end up being asked to pay millions for..

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Vavi: 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
Thanks for the response. Do you mean I, as the main applicant, pay 42k and the family comes along with me OR we all pay 42k each? I have seen appointment dates for all four of us on a single day, but just need to clarify as I'd want all applications to be processed together.

JPB2:

Book individual spots go separate days ... or u would pay 42k .... if u can get the same days better for you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AskGod07: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Doesn’t mean if you get different day for all of you since your application would be linking together, I have done the same thing in the past for my family pls don’t pay any 45k.

Vavi:

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by demanpee: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hello Gurus

The delays with passport renewal means that my new passport wont be ready to be included in my visa application for health care worker skilled visa. Please I need to be clear on the following before submitting my application

· Does the passport validity of less than 3 months affect my chances of getting a positive visa approval decision by the UK consular who will be reviewing my application?

· Are there restrictions to submission of visa application with passport with 3 months or less validity period? I have read through various sources that this might not be a problem if an application is for a tourist visa. I am just wondering if the 2 years skilled worker visa that I will be applying for matters in all of this.

I am making this enquiry because I do not want to jeopardize my visa approval chances because of the validity of my passport which is just 3 months.

Please I need your advice.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=leef2022 post=116443372]I think most just go into this things like it's a POS thingy or selling recharge cards.
I run interviews for agencies that surfs staff for NHS, healthcare assistant, carers and other medical related professions. Would be shocking at the response you get from some candidates who think having 30 courses completed is enough to land them a Job with COS.
The other day I asked an applicant why your sudden change in your career, you are degree holder in Maths?
Right, what do you mean you have always been a carer if you state you only have 3years of experience? How has 3years become an always thing?
You have just 3years of experience, a degree holder in maths, again why sudden change in career?
Person went i was carer for my granddad, i this in church, I this in Mosque, I this in shrine.
Like why spoil my day when you can not even defend career objectives you must have written on your CV and cover letter.
Then once you says unfortunately, they go please please offer me a chance, like what chance when you can't convince that you know what you are about to go into?

There are many routes, countries, yet most just want easy route easy route, which they end up being asked to pay

Am just an observer here ,I pick 1 or 2 things and leave ,i dont understand why u people like making things difficult for ur fellow blacks,she's a degree holder in math and yet she chose a carer job,u dont have to ask her why she needed to change ,i know u know what's going on in this country and why ppl wanna leave asap ,u shud not make it worse buy asking rigorous questions, I was interviewed by a white lady ,and d interview was for an 1hr,easy questions and we blended well,she sent me an email the next day and told me she enjoyed d interview,before d interview i only submitted my cv ,I av a degree in hospitality mgt,nothing close to health care ,only 2 yrs experience of being a nanny and caring for my grandma got me the job,she didnt ask y I want to switch,no care certificate, nothing,i got the job and immediately i started training with them ,it was sent to my mail 15 training courses,then cos was sent also.pls stop acting too strict and quit making life difficult for ppl,is not that deep abeg.

12 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
MO234577:
Hello everyone ,

I had mine August 3rd and made several paid calls to Ukvi which I was told the issue has been escalated. I sent email to ensure that at-least I have a record of their response as evidence, but this is all I got.

“Thank you for your enquiry.

Apologies for the delay on receiving your passport back. I have passed your enquiry on to the relevant team to get your passport returned to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience”.

Hi did mine aug 10th,got my passport 30th

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=Chefyemc post=116447822][/quote]

So asking a candidate to simply explain why you are switching career is rigorous?
Look at the state of our country, incompetent people are being appointed positions they have no knowledge about.
Public universities are on strike for months with no resolve.
The country is almost non-functional.
Now you play the race card. That's cause you can't play the tribe card.
That's why people are being asked to empty their account to secure jobs, when it should not be the case.
Pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
leef2022:
I think most just go into this thing like it's a POS thingy or selling recharge cards.

There are many routes, countries, yet most just want easy route easy route, which they end up being asked to pay millions for..
Hmm...angry
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmm... cry
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by JPB2: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Vavi:
Thanks for the response. Do you mean I, as the main applicant, pay 42k and the family comes along with me OR we all pay 42k each? I have seen appointment dates for all four of us on a single day, but just need to clarify as I'd want all applications to be processed together.

the whole of you would pay 42k... just try and book individually and submit save money

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by JPB2: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
demanpee:
Hello Gurus

The delays with passport renewal means that my new passport wont be ready to be included in my visa application for health care worker skilled visa. Please I need to be clear on the following before submitting my application

· Does the passport validity of less than 3 months affect my chances of getting a positive visa approval decision by the UK consular who will be reviewing my application?

· Are there restrictions to submission of visa application with passport with 3 months or less validity period? I have read through various sources that this might not be a problem if an application is for a tourist visa. I am just wondering if the 2 years skilled worker visa that I will be applying for matters in all of this.

I am making this enquiry because I do not want to jeopardize my visa approval chances because of the validity of my passport which is just 3 months.

Please I need your advice.

Go and Renew ur Passport and stop asking this types of question

Validity of Pasport should be 6months

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rofemiguwa(f): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Please can someone help with the right step. A colleague child got their passport but no vignettes inside.
They already received the BRP letter.
It was omitted.

Other members of the family had their vignette inside their passport.

Please what can we do
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2022

Off your mic abeg ..

No talk too much...

Na only them dey right for here ooo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bryanbella(f): 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
Thanks for your response ��
indegrees:

Centre told us to start checking after 2 days but mine came out after 4 days. The provisional one that is. Once the provisional is available, you can go for the certificate.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 11:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

Off your mic abeg ..

No talk too much...

Na only them dey right for here ooo

Lol,bruhhhh
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 5:09am On Sep 08, 2022
leef2022:

Leave this your long epistle, you are not any agent, don't try to lure people into sending you mails. Remember that job is even unskilled and needs training before assumption of duty.

I blame Nigerian government for bringing hardship to masses, how many UK citizens go for that job for 3 - 5 years if not immigrants?
Interviewer ko interviewer ni.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 5:13am On Sep 08, 2022

Don't mind him, how sure are he interviewed people. Blacks always despising each other, that job is so tedious fa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (611) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.