Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games (9973 Views)

Paralympics Tokyo2020: Oluwafemiayo Sets New World Record,as Obiji Claims Silver / Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Nigeria Gets Two More Medals In Powerlifting Event / Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Latifat Tijani Wins Gold In Women's 45kg Powerlifting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Adejoke123(f): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
Team Nigeria in the paralympics is not always talked about enough. Every Paralympic competition, Team Nigeria always put on a show and make the Nation proud but their success is not talked about enough. In the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, Team Nigeria won a total of 10 medals

The medals saw Nigeria finish with four gold, one silver and five bronze medals.

Lauritta Onye started the closing day of Nigeria’s contest by winning bronze in the women’s F40 shot put event before Flora Ugunnwa ensured Nigeria signed out on a high from Tokyo with gold in the F54 javelin event.

As reported by SportsTalkAfrica, Lauritta competed under very difficult conditions on the wet and slippery grounds of the stadium.

She nonetheless threw 8.29 metres which was enough for a podium finish but could not rattle gold medalist Sliwinska Renata of Poland whose 8.75 metres cancelled off the Nigerian’s Games’ record of 8.40 metres set in Rio 2016.

Djelal Salem of Algeria secured the silver with a throw of 8.33 metres.

Flora Ugunnwa, however, turned the story around in the F54 javelin final which was Nigeria’s last event in Tokyo.

She dusted her opponents with her 18.39 metres throw to leave Kurbanova Nurkorn of Uzbekistan and Yang Liwan of China in the second and third positions respectively.

Flora told Sportstalkafrica.com in Tokyo she had planned to achieve more at the Paralympic Games but remains thankful to God for the gold medal.
https://kikiotolunews.com/how-team-nigeria-perfeomed-at-the-paralympics-games/

10 Likes

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by slawormiir: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Congratulations

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by bsalawu: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
God bless you all. Greater achievement ahead

3 Likes

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Onepeople: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
Something to cheer up about.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by SoughtAfter1: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
Alright
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by LeeSantos(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
..they are not like the rest who went cus of Samsung S21 ultra and not medal

1 Like

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by BruncleZuma: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
They did us proud...

[img]https://c./acKvh7w9ScMAAAAC/salute-respect.gif[/img]

16 Likes

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by lalabrother: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
They are always talked about...
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by HelloWriter: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
Why does Nigeria excel in Paralympics
But fairs far less in Olympics?
Why do we have many polytechnics
But also many quack mechanics?
Why do we have so many clinics
But our President goes on foreign medical picnics?
Our contradictions' got so many side comics
That can bring many medallic picks
At the next Laff-a-lympics.
If you want a song for your mom, both audio and lyrics,
Chat with me, don't mind my stupid gimmicks.

2 Likes

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by TriCee: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
We trust them, they always deliver medals.

Always cleaning up the 'mess' of 'able bodied' folks.

5 Likes

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Great. Compared to what those with able body did. I don't really blame the able bodies performance, it was a reflection of our Government performance.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by foreverproduct: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Making the nation proud.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by lkillbrokehoes: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
I think they did better than the abled ones, thumbs up to them.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by hopexter(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pls let’s see it in a tabular form with every other participated countries abeg, no be every time for Nairaland person go dey read, eye don dey pepper me from reading angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Sabadon(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
hopexter:
Pls let’s see it in a tabular form with every other participated countries abeg, no be every time for Nairaland person go dey read, eye don dey pepper me from reading angry angry
lazy student like me grin

1 Like

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by mrkings84(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Wow... What an achievement from the people we call handicap?

Then isn't it better all the funds we normally put to take those good for nothing able body people to the Olympics be channeled to the Paralympics team?

I know that's how they will equally do better in politics if they are given the opportunity....

Congrats Team Nigeria.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by ShitHead(m): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
They are ably disabled.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by OlawaleBammie: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
LeeSantos:
..they are not like the rest who went cus of Samsung S21 ultra and not medal
they even sued themselves to court at Hiroshima High Court in tokyo sad
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Bvlgari: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
They tried...God bless them!
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Amhappy(f): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Team Nigeria have done super! Well done people and keep winning. I hope the government appreciates them.
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na only T. B. Joshua dey remember them. Unfortunately he's no more

1 Like

Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by McAausim: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley

Kudos to them
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
I want to ask sontin..

How do our able bodied ones feel when they see their disabled counterparts coming from same Olympics they went with medals..

How do they feel.. Dem no get shame?
Re: How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games by suffering: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
It shocks me how good they are. Our government should pay them their due respect.

(1) (2) (Reply)

West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians / NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Heartland On Monday 27th April / Australia Passes Law To Pay Male And Female Footballers Equal Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.