Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army (3831 Views)

Free And Compulsory Education Should Not Be Abolished In Our Country / JAMB Should Be Abolished — Adegoke, Founder Of Oduduwa University / "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Uptownerd: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2021

Not long ago in 1948, Costa Rica found itself in hot waters after a deadly civil war broke out in the Central American nation.

The major cause of the civil hostilities started when Rafael Ángel Calderón decided to extend his stay in power after invalidating his opponent’s victory.

Expectedly, Costa Ricans didn't take too kindly to such trumping of their democratic rights by the incumbent hencho and took to the streets to protest and air their grievances.

The protests will soon escalate out of hand, and turned into serious riots accross the country. From there, it turned into an all out war.

It was during this civil brouhaha that José Figueres Ferrer, an MIT-educated businessman decided to take the bull by the horn alongside some exiled Costa Rican guerillas. The major purpose of their coalition was to establish a true democracy in their fatherland.

https://uptownerd.com/2021/09/14/the-only-nation-in-the-world-to-have-successfully-abolished-its-army/

2 Likes

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Fahdiga(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nigerian Fulani army should be abolished too

2 Likes

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by SporaD8: 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nigerian Fulani army should be abolished too
True!
South is yet to have it's own Armed Force. We only have Police - ESN and Amotek

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by CHINESEENGLISH: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
SporaD8:

True!

It's a disrespect to Amotekun by placing it side by side with bush hunters like ESN. ESN are a group of unknown cowards. One would have thought they'd show up when presido was in IMO angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by CHINESEENGLISH: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
angry
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by SporaD8: 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
CHINESEENGLISH:

It's a disrespect to Amotekun by placing it side by side with bush hunters like ESN. ESN are a group of unknown cowards. One would have thought they'd show up when presido was in IMO angry
I meant no disrespect, but those two command more respect and trust among southern people than the Police.

6 Likes

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by CHINESEENGLISH: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
SporaD8:

I meant no disrespect, but those two command more respect and trust among southern people than the Police.

And I have just told you not to put Amotekun and ESN in the same sentence again. It's foolery

https://www.nairaland.com/6753319/breaking-ipob-kill-anglican-reverend

2 Likes

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Timagex(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
Can Nigerian army be abolished?

1 Like

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Walkee: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
What kind of half story is this?
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Shopatcandice(f): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Walkee:
What kind of half story is this?

I wonder oh

I sell laptops, iPhones and Android phones. Please check my thread out. Thanks
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
SporaD8:

True!

Every top official in the Security forces in all Nigerian States is either a northerner or a muslim
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Vision4God: 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
Is Nigerian army really functional as it used to be?

Our politicians will not like the idea of abolishing it. They will all run away and leave Nigeria
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Kingcalls: 1:25am On Sep 15, 2021
You should post the full story here...its very educative and I believe it will hit front page....I actually never knew a country had no soldiers , a popular country
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 15, 2021
They abolish millitary cos the people were engaged. The system works

1 Like

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Sharatan(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2021
nerdfrost:
And what have they achieved without it,is it good or bad

Meanwhile,pi is a community crypto currency launching this december with over 23 million miners currently,mining is still free,start now oo....if u like ignore am...las las no be everybody go make am for this life grin

How do I join this pi stuff?
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Gadafii: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2021
The Nigerian army is as useless as being abolished or scrapped, imagine a notorious iswap commander is reportedly killed and the NA is saying they are not aware of it, that they don't know if there is an in-house fighting in the enemies camp

What kind of unintelligent army with dumb statement is that, that means the NA doesn't keep tabs on these terrorists, they just fill trenches and camps with soldiers and tell them to wait for enemies to appear and them shoot at the enemies sporadically, while the enemies already calculated their moves, thereby wiping the soldiers hard in their asses, carting away weapons and burning the camps.

Bandits attacked the foremost military training facility in the country, killing and kidnapping soldiers , till today, nothing has been done about it.

Nigerian army should be replaced with boys scout, thanks to buhari, a military general conquered by mere ragtag terrorists, shame.

If buhari failed waec woefully, we shouldn't expect him to make any meaningful impact in our lives, we were just all foolish in 2015 to have voted for him, but you are irredeemable if you voted for him in 2019.. cos we were sure he doesn't have solutions to our problem, he compound all our problems.

Jonathan was a fry pan, buhari is an actively burning volcano that will consume this nation and her neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by mytime24(f): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
Interesting

So if another country wnt to fight war wit them

Wat will happen angry
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Uptownerd: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
mytime24:
Interesting

So if another country wnt to fight war wit them

Wat will happen angry
The USA will step in.
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by Uptownerd: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2021
Vickyvice:
They abolish millitary cos the people were engaged. The system works
Sure
Re: The Only Nation In The World To Have Successfully Abolished It's Army by nerdfrost(m): 5:02am On Oct 01, 2021
Sharatan:

How do I join this pi stuff?

Send me a message on whatsapp brother,my number is in my signature

(1) (Reply)

Environmental Science And Resources Management / Pass This Test And Your Post-utme Success Is Guaranteed!! / How Many Nigerian Languages Are There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.